U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,580,874 times

Advertisements

is rough on arab and pakistan people. but they expect it and are pretty patient about it. now if you were doing it the american way. u would keep all the appearance of a terrorist act suspicious as all get out and then complain just howl about racial profiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM

7,213 posts, read 6,060,851 times
There are many people walking around Paris with similar looks to yours.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM

15,716 posts, read 18,305,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4Tots View Post
I mean the stereotypical Middle Eastern appearance that Americans are used to. Black hair, brown eyes, and skin color that is usually olive or light brown. As an American of that background I was wondering if I should bother going to Paris this summer for about 2 weeks for just a tour or whether I can expect a lot of hostility.
I would say that in Charles de Gaulle airport, you may experience somewhat heightened suspicion directed towards you from the security people. The "flying while arab/middle-eastern-looking" thing exists in France as it does in the United States.

But once you leave the airport, nobody really cares about it. I don't know how anyone can not have an awesome time in France (and western Europe in general) as long as you have plenty of money to spend <--- that is the key. They are hungry for tourist $$$$. Speaking the language certainly helps too.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 03-12-2013 at 09:45 AM..

Old 03-12-2013, 10:55 AM

43 posts, read 91,338 times
So let me get it straight. They are hungry for tourist dollars but I would still get searched and treated like a second class citizen despite the fact that I am nothing like the Middle Eastern immigrants they have there?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 AM

20,336 posts, read 21,879,614 times
Quote:
So let me get it straight. They are hungry for tourist dollars but I would still get searched and treated like a second class citizen despite the fact that I am nothing like the Middle Eastern immigrants they have there?
So let me get it straight. Virtually everyone who answered said the exact opposite of that and somehow none of that got through to you?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
is rough on arab and pakistan people. but they expect it and are pretty patient about it. now if you were doing it the american way. u would keep all the appearance of a terrorist act suspicious as all get out and then complain just howl about racial profiling.
^ how is this people telling me the exact opposite?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM

20,336 posts, read 21,879,614 times
Quote:
^ how is this people telling me the exact opposite?
virtually everyone--of course, you ignored pretty much all the other comments and then you're going to get all pissy about this and then everyone will figure out you're the same guy that continuously asks the stupidest questions who wants more than anything to reaffirm your own stereotypes of what other people like to stereotype before you get banned again and then make another account because you need serious psychological help and/or a job.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I would say that in Charles de Gaulle airport, you may experience somewhat heightened suspicion directed towards you from the security people. The "flying while arab/middle-eastern-looking" thing exists in France as it does in the United States.

But once you leave the airport, nobody really cares about it. I don't know how anyone can not have an awesome time in France (and western Europe in general) as long as you have plenty of money to spend <--- that is the key. They are hungry for tourist $$$$. Speaking the language certainly helps too.
^ and this post?

not virtually everyone now is it?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 PM

2,225 posts, read 3,767,952 times
What are you trying to prove? Pretty sure the proper conclusion is:

It won't matter, except maybe at the airport's security checkpoints (whch everyone hate anyway) and if you meet Huckleberry3911948.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
What are you trying to prove? Pretty sure the proper conclusion is:

It won't matter, except maybe at the airport's security checkpoints (whch everyone hate anyway) and if you meet Huckleberry3911948.
ya but that guy's reputation, how in the world did he get a reputation like that if he makes the post he does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or