U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 03:44 PM

43 posts, read 90,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
In the US and UK, I definitely saw more Indian/Pakistani guys with white women than vice versa... I my ex is Pakistani/Northern Indian-American and she was one of two women in her entire extended family who married a white guy, however nearly a dozen of her US-born male relatives had wives or fiances who were white.
Do you see Indian men or just brown men in general with White women in Southern California
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,783,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4Tots View Post
Do you see Indian men or just brown men in general with White women in Southern California
Both. Seriously, not too many people here have hangups about interracial dating here... it happens across all lines and no one really cares one way or the other.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:37 AM

210 posts, read 311,012 times
I live in the US. I think the interracial pairings are most common depending on where you live. In which state. In some states white women with black men are most common and in others asian women with white guys. However statistics here show that black hispanic women and native american women are most likely to be involved in interracial marriages in comparison to asian and white hispanic women which are decreasing.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ce.html?ref=us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4Tots View Post
so obviously interracial couples are becoming common, blah blah blah, but some interracial couples are a lot more common than others

In the US, apparently white men with asian women and black men with white women are the most common couples, the rest don't really exist. It is unheard of even in big cities here to see asian men with white women or to see white women dating anything other than white men (with a few dating black men).

Currently I am in Canada (only been here a few months) and I notice that I have seen a lot of Asian and Brown men dating White women here, it isn't like that in the USA at all. White man with Asian woman is still the most common though.

How about your country?

Old 03-17-2013, 05:40 AM

210 posts, read 311,012 times
Oh and not to get off topic but why are east asian woman/white guy and black guy/white girl pairings so common? Is it driven by lust or love or are asian women whitewashed and the white girls curious to know what a black guy can offer sexually than a white guy? I have seen many white women be very forward with black men to the point it makes the black man uncomfortable as well as east asian women be forward with white men. It's interesting to see. I also have a feeling these pairings are instigated by the woman's beliefs in what that other race of man can offer them that their own race can't be it lust or more, or just stereotypes they like to believe.

Last edited by sweet_kiss1; 03-17-2013 at 07:05 AM..

Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,474,558 times
a man to a woman.. as opposite as they get.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 AM

92 posts, read 160,404 times
In the US, the top three interracial marriages with white americans of european decent are native americans, japanese americans and filipino americans.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,474,558 times
the world is getting smaller, so more will mix, whats the beef.... and what lovely children they have.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM

24,268 posts, read 17,503,817 times
Nationwide, the Finnish-Russian pairings are the most common ones. Wait, that isn't interracial. I suppose Finnish-Swedish isn't either. So then it would be Finnish-South Asian (Thai, Vietnamese). Finnish-Turkish and Finnish-Moroccan comes next. As we don't hold stats for race or ethnicity, we can only guess. These five mentioned are less than a fifth of all multicultural marriages, but we don't know what the country of origin the people are from. Ranges from Australian to Congolese, those five just seem to stand out.

From my own experience, people tend to couple up with other Europeans, mainly from the larger western nations. Of course due to studies and work. Italians, Spaniards, Brits and Germans. France and the Benelux countries seem to be a bit of a black hole. Americans are another bigger subject, but also Canadians and Australians, as the younger generations tend to visit their origins and fall in love in the process.

Last edited by Ariete; 03-20-2013 at 09:59 AM..

Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 AM

1,129 posts, read 2,935,530 times
Just at t my energy job we've got 3 black girl/white guy (including us) couples, a white guy/SE Asian girl couple, an Arab Man /American girl couple, and a central Euro/South American couple!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kiss1 View Post
Oh and not to get off topic but why are east asian woman/white guy and black guy/white girl pairings so common? Is it driven by lust or love or are asian women whitewashed and the white girls curious to know what a black guy can offer sexually than a white guy? I have seen many white women be very forward with black men to the point it makes the black man uncomfortable as well as east asian women be forward with white men. It's interesting to see. I also have a feeling these pairings are instigated by the woman's beliefs in what that other race of man can offer them that their own race can't be it lust or more, or just stereotypes they like to believe.
White people are seen as the 'default' in the Western world and due to the media, advertising and films in other countries as well. So women will typically have a crush on an American or British actor or pop star and that will form the template for their ideal partner. The popularity of Asian pop culture might be tempering that a bit, but I think being a white male or female is definitely a positive attribute in Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or