Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM

43 posts, read 128,076 times

Advertisements

so obviously interracial couples are becoming common, blah blah blah, but some interracial couples are a lot more common than others

In the US, apparently white men with asian women and black men with white women are the most common couples, the rest don't really exist. It is unheard of even in big cities here to see asian men with white women or to see white women dating anything other than white men (with a few dating black men).

Currently I am in Canada (only been here a few months) and I notice that I have seen a lot of Asian and Brown men dating White women here, it isn't like that in the USA at all. White man with Asian woman is still the most common though.

How about your country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,218,081 times
My family is mostly from Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas. My whole family is interracial basically.

We have biracial men with Asian women. Biracial men with white women. Biracial women with white guys. Biracial women with Latino guys. White women with white men. White women with black men. Black men with white women. Black men with black women. Black women with Samoan men. Latina women with Middle Eastern men. White women with Middle Eastern men. Asian men with white women.

And three Koreans thrown into the bunch - two adopted and one a new addition to the family via marriage!

We live in the South. Oh - except for the branch from Iowa. Oh, and the branch from Ohio. Oh, and the branch from Philly. Oh, and then the military members who live in Korea, England, and Germany.

So there go all the stereotypes right out the window.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:35 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,813,124 times
Around here mostly white, black, or bi-racial of either gender with Hispanic of either gender.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:42 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,802,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My family is mostly from Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas. My whole family is interracial basically.

We have biracial men with Asian women. Biracial men with white women. Biracial women with white guys. Biracial women with Latino guys. White women with white men. White women with black men. Black men with white women. Black men with black women. Black women with Samoan men. Latina women with Middle Eastern men. White women with Middle Eastern men. Asian men with white women.

And three Koreans thrown into the bunch - two adopted and one a new addition to the family via marriage!

We live in the South. Oh - except for the branch from Iowa. Oh, and the branch from Ohio. Oh, and the branch from Philly. Oh, and then the military members who live in Korea, England, and Germany.

So there go all the stereotypes right out the window.
LOL!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 PM

1,401 posts, read 1,478,431 times
White male - Asian Female is the most common mix. Second place goes to Middle-Eastern Male - White Female pair.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM

20,683 posts, read 23,784,939 times
Black and white always always.

My sister is marrying a black man from Nigeria. And she had a son and now she is having another one again.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 PM

320 posts, read 622,791 times
Most people tend to stick to their own kind in Australia but the most common would definitely be white dude/Asian girl.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM

43 posts, read 128,076 times
I see a lot of brown men with white women here in Canada, heard it is really common in Europe.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,430,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
Most people tend to stick to their own kind in Australia but the most common would definitely be white dude/Asian girl.
The intermarriage rate of Australian Aborigines is actually very high, over half of all indigenous Australians are married to a non Indigenous partner, in the east coast cities its much higher than that.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 03-13-2013 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,899,157 times
I'm a guy from India living in a small city in central Canada. I have had a very international and modern upbringing and never fit any of the stereotypes associated with Indian men (arranged marriages, players). So when I moved to this city nine years ago, I made an attempt to date. With the exception of one lady (who was unfortunately too old for me and it wouldn't have worked out long term), I found the local girls unbelievably racist and close-minded. One of them even said "aren't there any Indian girls you know?". I also learned through friends that the local guys disliked me for "trying to steal their chicks". That's 21st century Canada for you . I spent years obsessing over what was wrong with me until I had an epiphany. It wasn't me. It was them.

Currently, I'm very happily married to a European girl and counting myself very lucky for not ending up with a boring, narrow-minded, racist Canadian woman.

PS: If anyone is offended by what I said above because they are not racist and narrow-minded, I apologize. But you see, stereotyping is unpleasant, eh? How do you think I felt for nine years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World