U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,861,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I concur! I'd rather watch documentaries than Honey Boo lol... Canadian and British Documentaries are top notch!
If you love docemeteries you should know that America makes more documeteries than any other country and a lot of them has been ranked as some of the best of all time. and Honey Boo Boo is one tv show.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM

12,581 posts, read 10,441,005 times
OMG why are you so enthralled with numbers - you are such a size queen!! I didn't say the U.S didn't make more documentaries - but I do enjoy watching BBC and CBC docs over Nat Geo and Discovery. Shoot me!!

and be honest you like watching Honey Boo don't you - don't you lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
If you love docemeteries you should know that America makes more documeteries than any other country and a lot of them has been ranked as some of the best of all time. and Honey Boo Boo is one tv show.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:21 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,992,719 times
Welcome to Myrtle Manor is the new Honey boo boo, and it is wayyyyyy better. its on tonight.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,524,939 times
Quote:
All Candadians play on their radio stations is American music same can be said for other countries like the UK.
First you said ALL. Now you're backtracking.
Lol! Why should I care about how many reps you may or may not have received? Give it a rest. You're starting to make other Americans look bad.
Perhaps you should go back to bitching about how many gays post on CD.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
What in god's name is wrong with you? Nobody can say a word without you jumping in that America has MORE!
I happen to like Canadian docementeries [sic].
Doc Zone, The Passionate Eye, The Fifth Estate, The Lens, etc. They're truly wonderful. I don't need you screeching that America does it better. It's ugly.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 03-17-2013 at 03:01 PM..

Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 PM

I'm afraid to mention that my son went to the St. Patrick's Day parade. You'll start howling that America has bigger ones......

Old 03-17-2013, 03:09 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,485,002 times
Quote:
It took me back all the way to post #48 wow. Well you see weltschmerz the USA has the music, movies (Hollywood), TV shows that Candadians watch and listen too. All Candadians play on their radio stations is American music same can be said for other countries like the UK. Since everything goes on in America compared to Canada i wouldnt be surpried for them to always trying to see what America is doing. I lived in Hamilton, Ontario for quite awhile and people were always talking about music thats American, Oscars, Music awards from America, they watched our superbowl games if they could, people always talked about tv shows here too, not to mention they gave a huge damn about our politics but not to their own. Considering we have 300 million people while Canada has 34 million. Heck they even take our interstates to across america because Canada doesnt have a highway system that goes all the way around. When i lived their dont get me wrong i loved it but it seemed like people always payed attention to America. I mean if i lived in a country with only 34 million same size of LA and NYC combined compared to 300 million i too would be pay attention to America. We have Seattle, New York city, Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Austin, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Fransico, Chicago, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Boston, Philly, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Oklahoma city, Kansas city, st. louis, DC, Baltimore, Detroit, Milwaukee, Honolulu, Pittsburgh. All these cities metro are well over 2 million while Canada does not have nearly as many major cities. We are major centers in the world, we have the largest stock exchange, best military in the world, better universities than Canada, more developed country, higher GDP, we have a much bigger economy and stronger than Canada. Care to prove me wrong im waiting?

Okay, wait a second, cali. What in God's name are you talking about with our highway system? Did you actually just state that Canada does not have highways that criss cross the country in every direction?

Because we do, you know.

I might know what you mean though. The ONLY answer is because it's FASTER. Not because its better engineered, but because its a SHORT CUT. It takes entirely way too long to drive around the top of the Great Lakes. Like, someone like me here in Windsor would cross into Detroit and go under Lake Michigan and cut up thru Wisconsin, etc if I were headed out west.

Thats it.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM

230 posts, read 489,806 times
Quote:
Some of you guys are so ignorant talking about how the USA will be gone, well guess what are lowest peak of the economy already passed in 2008. Are stock market is doing wonderful, we are getting jobs back at the same rate we were sending jobs to china, jobs are rebounding so fast now. Every city in America is doing much better building better transportation and everything so please are lowest peak passed already we are on a great journey to becoming great again.
Detroit ain't doing that great.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:12 PM

482 posts, read 616,717 times
Quote:
All Candadians play on their radio stations is American music same can be said for other countries like the UK. Care to prove me wrong im waiting?
American music....oh really....same can be said for other countries like the UK....hmmm.

I'll prove you wrong...very easy...

Ever heard of the Beatles....Rolling Stones ....Led Zeppelin ....Pink Floyd ....The Who

Guess what....they're not american.

I'll listen to UK bands over US bands every time.

Even Australian band AC/DC or Canada's Rush are better than most american bands.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:17 PM

20,136 posts, read 21,745,742 times
Okay, this has been a really good discussion of HDI and quality of life so far, bros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World