Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:32 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You're adorable. Yes, i'm making up lies. There's no such thing as Canadian music and TV. The CBC doesn't exist and everyone listens to Rhianna.

Good Lord!
Yes their is a such thing but more people pay attention to american music and movies than canadians, not one canadian movies is in the top ten right now, not one canadian song is in the top 10. IM NOT SAYING THEY DONT EXIST THEY DO! DONT try and go off on another path after i proved this to you.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:34 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
I'd jump into this debate but my favorite drinks are Canada Dry ginger ale and i love Celine Dion

Old 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Here is a random radio station in Toronto, right when i play it there playing american music in fact all. I even gave you the link..
CKIS-FM - KiSS 92.5 Toronto, ON - Listen Online
Well naturally. Just because one station plays the top ten means all of them do.
As far as TV goes...you can keep your Honey Boo Boos, your "stars" dancing, your ubiquitous reality shows, and I'll stick to excellent, award-winning CBC documentaries. You know, the ones that don't exist.
Have a nice day.
Have a nice day.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'd jump into this debate but my favorite drinks are Canada Dry ginger ale and i love Celine Dion
Not Justin Bieber?

Old 03-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Well naturally. Just because one station plays the top ten means all of them do.
As far as TV goes...you can keep your Honey Boo Boos, your "stars" dancing, your ubiquitous reality shows, and I'll stick to excellent, award-winning CBC documentaries. You know, the ones that don't exist.
Have a nice day.
Have a nice day.
I knew this will happen. After i proved it to you, you are trying to put it on me. Im sure yall want our micheal jackson, prince, gosh so many more. As for tv shows all you canadians sure watch our nickelodeon, disney, VH1, so many more. Dont say goodbye just because i proved you about five times wrong. You asked many about 4 times for me to anserw your question and i did and once i proved you wrong you want to leave.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Not Justin Bieber?

Heeeeeelllll naahhh..... i do enjoy his run ins with the paparazzi though.

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
It is natural that American culture is going to be dominant in Canada - I agree with you about that - a country with 300 plus million is going to have more. Having said that, Canada does punch at or above its weight in terms of home grown culture and what we export to the U.S.

As for Highway system - Canada is a completely different geography and again - population matters. For developed areas in both countries the highways are comparable.

The U.S has more cities - uhem yes the U.S has more people - yawn!

The U.S has a stronger military and bigger GDP and more technological advances... yes bigger and more established country - yawn!

All this has what to do with Human Development?? - which I could say Canada probably has an advantage with over the U.S. Why do you always stray away from the topic at hand and start discussing who has the biggest .... in the room. That is not what we are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
It took me back all the way to post #48 wow. Well you see weltschmerz the USA has the music, movies (Hollywood), TV shows that Candadians watch and listen too. All Candadians play on their radio stations is American music same can be said for other countries like the UK. Since everything goes on in America compared to Canada i wouldnt be surpried for them to always trying to see what America is doing. I lived in Hamilton, Ontario for quite awhile and people were always talking about music thats American, Oscars, Music awards from America, they watched our superbowl games if they could, people always talked about tv shows here too, not to mention they gave a huge damn about our politics but not to their own. Considering we have 300 million people while Canada has 34 million. Heck they even take our interstates to across america because Canada doesnt have a highway system that goes all the way around. When i lived their dont get me wrong i loved it but it seemed like people always payed attention to America. I mean if i lived in a country with only 34 million same size of LA and NYC combined compared to 300 million i too would be pay attention to America. We have Seattle, New York city, Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Austin, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Fransico, Chicago, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Boston, Philly, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Oklahoma city, Kansas city, st. louis, DC, Baltimore, Detroit, Milwaukee, Honolulu, Pittsburgh. All these cities metro are well over 2 million while Canada does not have nearly as many major cities. We are major centers in the world, we have the largest stock exchange, best military in the world, better universities than Canada, more developed country, higher GDP, we have a much bigger economy and stronger than Canada. Care to prove me wrong im waiting?

Last edited by fusion2; 03-17-2013 at 02:03 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I knew this will happen. After i proved it to you, you are trying to put it on me. Im sure yall want our micheal jackson, prince, gosh so many more. As for tv shows all you canadians sure watch our nickelodeon, disney, VH1, so many more. Dont say goodbye just because i proved you about five times wrong.
You proved squat, my friend. I don't like the Top 40 music and neither do any of my friends. Not everyone is into mainstream Americana.
You're not better, you're just bigger. I see you're into the "Might makes Right" mentality. It doesn't wash.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
You proved squat, my friend. I don't like the Top 40 music and neither do any of my friends. Not everyone is into mainstream Americana.
You're not better, you're just bigger. I see you're into the "Might makes Right" mentality. It doesn't wash.
Who cares what you like because obviously the top ten movies right in canada are all america, top music is all american...Now your trying to say that bigger doesnt mean better which i agree with but dont try and change the subject. I proved squat are you kidding me, this is definatly the most laughable post of the year regarding something i proved to you multiple times. You dont even know how many reputations i got for my post.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
I concur! I'd rather watch documentaries than Honey Boo lol... Canadian and British Documentaries are top notch!

Quote:
and I'll stick to excellent, award-winning CBC documentaries. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World