U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 AM

12,581 posts, read 10,434,293 times

Advertisements

Great post! I total agree that the IHDI is a better measure than the HDI but both still seem flawed and incomplete. As a result I wouldn't lose sleep about it and there are far better measuring sticks out their that are more targeted to specific areas. These one stop shopping survey's never seem to get the whole picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Obviously for the majority of people, the US rankings do not hold. Inequality adjusted HDI makes the most sense as it takes into consideration the spectrum of conditions in accordance to the proportion of the population. The incredibly wealthy and the well to do have a very good time in the US due to the more lenient tax laws the US allows, but for those who aren't in that percentile who are the vast majority, it doesn't make so much sense. I never understand people who take out the inequality adjustments because it allows a country where enough people live in incredible wealth and luxury then it allows the rest of the country to run the averages with it. What's more, I don't understand the years of education index because it does not account for the quality of education nor does it account for the cost of the education. Having the pressures of pursuing higher education and yet at the same time be faced with absurd costs for it while easily allowing loans for that absurd cost is a future burden. It is not correctly adjusted at all and it's known that the US (and to some extent the UK) has been allowing an education bubble to grow. How is this a sustainable or reasonable system? The revenues from overseas are fantastic but they certainly don't make up for the crippling debt that is inflected on US citizens.

Last edited by fusion2; 03-17-2013 at 09:46 AM..

Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 AM

3,719 posts, read 5,859,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Seriously? You have a problem with that?
He. Looks. Marvelous!

I dont have a problem with gay people, your insecure...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 AM

9,326 posts, read 18,980,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
And Brazil in the middle of the list, ranked #85
We don't need to be in the top, but we remain behind Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela... in a bad situation even in comparison with our neighbours. Shame...
You need to at least be above Argentina... lol..

Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM

15,087 posts, read 11,519,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I dont have a problem with gay people, your insecure...
Of course you don't.

"Why the hell is everyone gay on CD" speaks volumes, despite your denials.

By the way, are you ever going to answer my questions? I didn't think so.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!! What does that even MEAN? Care to elaborate? I'm all ears.
It took me back all the way to post #48 wow. Well you see weltschmerz the USA has the music, movies (Hollywood), TV shows that Candadians watch and listen too. All Candadians play on their radio stations is American music same can be said for other countries like the UK. Since everything goes on in America compared to Canada i wouldnt be surpried for them to always trying to see what America is doing. I lived in Hamilton, Ontario for quite awhile and people were always talking about music thats American, Oscars, Music awards from America, they watched our superbowl games if they could, people always talked about tv shows here too, not to mention they gave a huge damn about our politics but not to their own. Considering we have 300 million people while Canada has 34 million. Heck they even take our interstates to across america because Canada doesnt have a highway system that goes all the way around. When i lived their dont get me wrong i loved it but it seemed like people always payed attention to America. I mean if i lived in a country with only 34 million same size of LA and NYC combined compared to 300 million i too would be pay attention to America. We have Seattle, New York city, Los Angeles, Miami, Tampa, Austin, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Fransico, Chicago, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Boston, Philly, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Oklahoma city, Kansas city, st. louis, DC, Baltimore, Detroit, Milwaukee, Honolulu, Pittsburgh. All these cities metro are well over 2 million while Canada does not have nearly as many major cities. We are major centers in the world, we have the largest stock exchange, best military in the world, better universities than Canada, more developed country, higher GDP, we have a much bigger economy and stronger than Canada. Care to prove me wrong im waiting?

Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
All Candadians play on their radio stations is American music same can be said for other countries like the UK
Lol! No, they don't. I listen to a lot of Canadian music on the radio. I watch a lot of Canadian TV shows. I think they're great. I also love the BBC.
Just because you have more people or more football doesn't make you better or more interesting. Bigger isn't always better, like a 600 pound woman.
It's this continual chest-thumping that makes so many Americans unattractive.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Lol! No, they don't. I listen to a lot of Canadian music on the radio. I watch a lot of Canadian TV shows. I think they're great. I also love the BBC.
Just because you have more people or more football doesn't make you better or more interesting. Bigger isn't always better, like a 600 pound woman.
It's this continual chest-thumping that makes so many Americans unattractive.
Are you joking you cant make up lies because i used to live in Hamilton Canada i know what the kids and the adults listen to and watch. Having a country with 300 million people below a 34 million country im pretty sure most things would be going on in America. Honeslty i dont even care what other people think about us. Just ADMIT it Canadians know about Lady Gaga, Rihannah, Lil wayne and the million more celebrities. They watch the Oscars and the music awards show, listen to any station in Toronto and i gurantee you they will play american music. Canadians know about Call of Duty and Halo they know about movies like Avantar, Harry potter

Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Are you joking you cant make up lies because i used to live in Hamilton Canada i know what the kids and the adults listen to and watch.
You're adorable. Yes, i'm making up lies. There's no such thing as Canadian music and TV. The CBC doesn't exist and everyone listens to Rhianna.

Good Lord!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Here is a random radio station in Toronto, right when i play it there playing american music in fact all. I even gave you the link..
CKIS-FM - KiSS 92.5 Toronto, ON - Listen Online

These are all the movies playing in Canada. The top 10 movies in canada are all american.
Movies In Theatres | Showing Now - Yahoo! Movies Canada

The top songs are all american too in canada. Out of the top 100 in canada i counted only 8 or 9 that are canadian and all the top songs are american.
Billboard Canadian Hot 100 : Page 2 | Billboard

need anymore proof or are you just going to say "this is why everyone hates americans"

Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
You're adorable. Yes, i'm making up lies. There's no such thing as Canadian music and TV. The CBC doesn't exist and everyone listens to Rhianna.

Good Lord!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World