Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 AM

33 posts, read 40,348 times

Advertisements

I recently discovered that most of America's water supplies are fluoridated. My kids got dental fluorosis, brown staining on their teeth; dentist said it was dehydration. They're pediatrician recommended fluoride supplements. The main ingredient in Prozac is fluoride. There was a fluoride spill in Rock Island, Illinois and it ate the concrete. At the grocery store I shop at, there is Nursery water that is "fluoridated" and one that says "non-fluoridated." What the heck is the deal with the fluoride? I'm convinced it is bad and shouldn't be being added to our water. I'm outraged that it's even being pushed to consume by health professionals such as my children's pediatrician. It's put in toothpaste and even says on the containers to call poison control if you swallow just a pea-sized amount. I've signed petitions on Fluoride Action Network against this. On their website, there is news about it in other countries, how it is banned. In Ireland, there are some dentists who spoke out and are fighting it.

I was just wondering how this is dealt with in other countries? Is your country's water fluoridated? What are your opinions about this?

Below is the news story about the fluoride spill in Rock Island, Illinois, which btw is the state I live in. My town is fluoridated. I even called the water company and they tell me they are required by "law" to fluoridate the water. There are so many people who are unaware of the dangers of fluoride. There might not be immediate damage, but what about the long run on our bodies? I am planning on purchasing a reverse osmosis filtration system, but it's not right that I should have to pay a lot of money to filter my water because it's unsafe to drink. I'm angry that they are putting this crap in our water supply.

Genetically modified food I hear is banned in most other countries, so why is it being done in the U.S.? Most of the stuff sold in our grocery stores are food "products" and it even says so on the label. One example is Velveeta Cheese. It's a cheese "product" and is not real food. Even our produce is genetically modified. They put wax on the apples. Then if you want to eat healthy food, they charge double for it. Organic food is outrageous for most people's budgets. Even if you buy organic, you cannot be 100% sure if it's even safe. How is this in other countries? Just curious.

FLUORIDE SPILL EATS HOLES IN CONCRETE - Rock Island, Illinois - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 AM

Default ... and here is a discussion about dangers of fluoride on Irish mainstream media

Unprecedented Fluoride Discussion On Irish Mainstream T.V. - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 AM

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Fluoridation - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
OP, contact your city council and organize a group to end fluoridation in your town. My town in NM just discontinued fluoridation. It can be done.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
This stuff should be banned , no countries should be putting this in the water supplies...if any of you can afford it have your full house redone to purify your water supplies as along with drinking the stuff it gets into your skin while in the bath and shower...

This is a good friend of mine in Australia who is doing all she can to have it banned.. please have a look on her wonderful informative site...this woman talks a lot of sense ..
Home -

Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,138 times
In Europe, most countries have rejected water fluoridation, except the UK, Spain (both around 10 % of population still receive it) and especially Ireland (70 % of population)

Fluoridation by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the EU, only 2 types of genetically altered food crops have been approved of thus far apparently. There's very strong opposition against GM food, both from the public as from most politicians - and I'm very happy about that.

EU freezes approval of GM crops to 2014

Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfulmelody View Post
The main ingredient in Prozac is fluoride.
No it isn't.

A molecule of fluoxetine (Prozac) contains 3 fluorine atoms, which comprise about 18% of its total molecular weight. It contains no sodium fluoride, which is the form of fluorine found in drinking water and toothpaste.

Scientific literacy is your friend.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
No it isn't.

A molecule of fluoxetine (Prozac) contains 3 fluorine atoms, which comprise about 18% of its total molecular weight. It contains no sodium fluoride, which is the form of fluorine found in drinking water and toothpaste.

Scientific literacy is your friend.
Next you'll tell me Obama is not a communist and he's not planning the New World Order along with the Vatican and the space lizards...

Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, contact your city council and organize a group to end fluoridation in your town. My town in NM just discontinued fluoridation. It can be done.
It just seems so much bigger than me. I signed the petition on FAN and contacted the water company, which was pointless. It wasn't even based out of my state. I was told to contact the legislators of my state, which I don't see how that will do any good either, but I'll try. I really want to do something proactive about this. People in this little town are so nice and so blind to the truth about fluoride. It's a great community and they deserve to be aware of what's really in their drinking water. Heck, I didn't even really take it seriously until it impacted me personally.

Thank you for the support and advice. I will definitely be doing something about it.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
This stuff should be banned , no countries should be putting this in the water supplies...if any of you can afford it have your full house redone to purify your water supplies as along with drinking the stuff it gets into your skin while in the bath and shower...

This is a good friend of mine in Australia who is doing all she can to have it banned.. please have a look on her wonderful informative site...this woman talks a lot of sense ..
Home -
I will definitely look at the site, thank you.

I have no idea why it isn't banned. It's really an outrage! I actually didn't have to deal with fluoridated water until recently when we moved into town. We had well water for years.

Another thing, get this: My own children's pediatrician recommended I give my kids a fluoride supplement because since we "didn't have city water, my kids weren't getting the much needed fluoride for strong teeth and bones." OMG! I actually gave them prescription Poly-Vi-Sol fluoridated vitamins! I can't believe I did this. I feel like such a bad mother. My neighbor at the time was doing it, too, and I thought it must be a normal thing and didn't think anything of it. Got to researching and I can tell you those "vitamins" are gone. This was when I lived in Akron, Ohio. Unbelievable!

I also read that about the shower, too. I actually thought of it on my own before I researched it. Of course it gets absorbed into our skin! Man, these people keeping this fluoride poisoning legal must have some dark agendas. Our skin absorbs things very well, which is why I also am now also making my own homemade deodorant without aluminum and trying to buy natural as much as possible.

We have been buying bottled water for the time being. I found some labeled "non-fluoridated" drinking nursery water at a local grocery store and switched to non-fluoride toothpaste. Plan on purchasing a reverse osmosis filtration system soon.

I'm also on the GMO detox program - aka the REAL FOOD diet. Really sad it's so difficult to find good, natural food. I've started trying to accumulate a good collection of organic spices, produce, and other non-GMO foods. It's expensive though, and is very difficult to buy healthy for a family of 4 on a budget. My husband is an avid junk food junkie and the only veggies he eats are corn (technically NOT a veggie) and peas, canned kind. He despises most all fruit besides bananas. I'm trying to go Vegan and he still thinks some GMO foods are "healthy." Apparently, if it says "all natural" on the label, it must be!

I hope you don't mind my long reply. Thank you for sharing your advice. Appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World