Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: EU or USA
European Union 119 45.25%
USA 144 54.75%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:33 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,246,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I guess that's why the Netherlands has produced nothing worth mentioning to the rest of the world lol. Jealously at its finest.
Apart from Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Rubens etc? I love some US artists but none match the Dutch masters in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and women

Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Apart from Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Rubens etc? I love some US artists but none match the Dutch masters in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and women
I wouldn't count women as a produced product, but I guess for a price anything can be bought

Old 03-16-2014, 03:38 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,246,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I wouldn't count women as a produced product, but I guess for a price anything can be bought
I know I was just referencing the post made on the previous page. Of course they're not products, hence the

Old 03-16-2014, 04:16 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
Good points have been made concerning Dutch women. That alone would be plenty of reason to live in Europe. Regarding contributions to the world, admittedly the US have made many advancements in many fields we could never match, like weapon technology

United States Classified Top Secret Weapon Footage - YouTube

Last edited by drro; 03-16-2014 at 04:27 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 04:27 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Good points have been made concerning Dutch women. That alone would be plenty of reason to live in Europe. Regarding contributions to the world, admittedly the US have made many advancements in many fields we could never match, like weapon technology
One thing I learned from traveling the world was there are beautiful women in every country, whether it is a first world or third world.

Variety is the spice of life, which is what a lot of Europeans who do internships here say America is great for. I made friends with a bunch of Norwegians. They were doing an internship for a political campaign for a small city in the Bay Area, which surprised me, but anyways. They were a great group and completely Norwegian, literally all of them were blonde and were good looking guys n gals.

They taught me the Norwegian fist pump, which I thought was hilarious and awesome. Anyways, I asked them how do you like the girls in America and they said it's awesome because back home we pretty much only have white women and although they are stunning, we always wanted to try hooking up with a Spanish girl or an Asian and they said that's something America offers.

for whoever else is reading, every place has good things to offer, so don't write off visiting Europe because there are some wonderful places and don't write off visiting America because there are also some wonderful places.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-17-2014 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 03-16-2014, 07:22 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
I'm beginning to think that drro hates the United States....I suspect everyone else has already come to this conclusion?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,887,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
American products are crap but I see Germans walking around with more Apple IPODS and IPAD...Let me guess they're made here as well...

Germans make good cars and have good medicines no doubt but if you just can't compare to US...There's nothing here to compare to Silicon Valley, our weapons are bar none the best in the world, we are the world leaders in Space and we are usually the country that usually creates everything first....

The medicine for teeth can't be great because everyone's teeth is some form of brown here and it sucks..

If the Americans didn't buy the German car you would guys would definitely hurt over here economically. Also, the Germans own less stuff because all of their money goes to taxes....

Bottom line Once for America:

There wouldn't be:

A washing machine, a car, a television, internet, and the McDonald's that you guys hate but are always at them...

But when it's all and said I'm done....I have national pride that the Germans lack because of two ass whoopings that they received in both World Wars...
lol the Microchip was invented by an Italian, pneumatics by Britons, Petrol engine by Germans, Telephon by an Italian, Battery by an Italian, telegraph by a Britons, modern chemistry by Germans, radio by an Italian, X-Ray by a Germans, cars by Germans and other Europeans, Television was firstly tested by a British scientist and cathodic tube was invented by a Germans, the world-wide web was invented by a British and Belgian Informatics engineers.
Wow, you invented the McDonald, very prideful.
PS. Ass whooping was done by French,Britons,Russians,Belgians,Serbians and Italians in the WWI and by Russians in the WWII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
In Europe, if the cops catch you drinking while driving they are likely to join you.
Let's try it
Quote:
Germany CAN'T hold a candle to the US, in fact NO country in Europe can...You guys created the European Union for economic reasons and an attempt to model after the states. It will never succeed because there's too many different nationalities and the aging population.

You continue to say that the US doesn't have better cell phone coverage...Again, it's another lie...I have lived in the US, Japan and sadly Germany and the US is BY far superior with cell phone coverage and plans..

I also heard more non-sense about Japan taking pictures of Germany's technology from a German. Japan is at least 15 years ahead of Germany in technology and the whole world also knows that so when were these pictures taken? What's their problem with Japan?

Groceries stores are not cheaper in Germany...Like it or not I'm speaking the truth...These German girls are quick to open their legs for an American military member, have a baby, marry the guy so that they can shop on base because of the cheaper products and of course they want AMERICAN citizenship..Hell, even some of the Germans sign their family members on as well to shop...

In regards to the internet, find me a part of the US in which you can't get internet. There are a few villages around the Air Base in which 1) you can't get the internet or 2) they have to come out and install a phone line for DSL which was popular in the late 90's in the US.

Initially I only stated my reasons to why I preferred the US and you replied because you didn't like my response but when it's said and done I like the U.S. because:

1) We are the superior nation in the world.
2) Our celebrities, sports, movies and sitcoms are much more known around the world. We know how the German love "American Dad".
3) In an all all war, we would kick anyone's ass...Only challengers would be China and Russia.
4) Our GDP is nearly twice as big as China's while's China's is nearly 3 times the size of Germany.
5) We're the only country capable of supporting troops around the world and taking care of things at home.
6) Many of the things that we are going back and forth about originated in the US.
7) We have helped several countries around the world to include Germany: If it wasn't for America, Germans would speak Russian.
First, comparing US to Germany is quite pointless considering that US is somehow 20 times larger and 4 times more populous, maybe you can compare the whole Western Europe, then it's somewhat fairer.
Then, all your points are based on nonsense: my friend said that, I see that, I think that.
Wow, from your small base in Germany you can speak of the whole country?
1) lol The 2008 crysis (started, as in 1929, in the US), the 9/11, the whole failure everywhere prove that point.
2) Yes, as a matter of fact, Hollywood is synonym of quality.
3) WWI? Korea?Vietnam? Iraq? Afghanistan? Somalia?
4) US is also 3 times Germany.
5) Yes, as a matter of fact, you can do that only by increasing your debt, very smart. For what moreover? To bring "democracy and freedom" a.k.a. to steal resources and install puppet government? Just then to be defeated by a bunch of peasants?
6) Like? Actually this modern Western World has been shaped and modeled by Europeans.
7) Like France helped your poor guerrilamen back in 1776, otherwise Redcoat would have hanged Washington and you'd be singing "God save the Queen".
Quote:
Most things that Americans write about Europe is ludicrous? For one, I'm only writing about Germany, not Europe as a whole although most Europeans believe it's one country...
Actually every single European know that Germany is a single country.
And most Europeans can talk at least 2 languages, so be careful before accusing anyone of ignorance.
Quote:
Also, could you explain to me why another German said that some believes Americans work 2-3 jobs to support a flashy lifestyle? Talking about non-sense! That goes both ways.
Well, you prided yourself for inventing McDonald....lol
Quote:
Americans doesn't visit Europe (the whole continent) because for one we don't hear about too many cities in Europe other than London and Paris but when we have so many great cities of our own, we don't need to go anywhere. Also, we spend more money on defense I really hope that we would leave Europe and let them spend their own money on defense but again other than Britain and France most of the other military is a joke so we will continue to protect you older Europeans..
Wow, I can guess what a wonderful and deep under 18 education you have.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:28 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I'm beginning to think that drro hates the United States....I suspect everyone else has already come to this conclusion?
He hates Canada, too. Don't feel bad. lol

Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Idk but i do know he or she seems pretty obsessed with the United States.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
She is beautiful...Let's put a base there so she can fall for an American...LOL
How do you know she's beautiful? You can't see her face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World