U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,368,348 times

Advertisements

Yes, they're very good looking - especially the last guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 05:25 PM

277 posts, read 438,259 times
Living in the UK most of the East Asians you see are swarthy middle aged immigrants from Guangdong. Plus Ive travelled Asia and didn't find that many handsome men about, except maybe Cambodia - though they were all short. Loads of pretty girls, but bloke-wise, a desert.

Then I worked as a film extra with 300 East Asian, mostly Chinese youths and was blown away by the abnormally high incidence of male beauty. Dont know if it was just happenstance, but I reckon it was unique to having been bought up in the West, and in a big city metro. Back in China alot of the guys would have been nerdified with bad hair and glasses.

And I dont mean in the effeminate Asian popstar way like in Korea and Japan, but a different kind of good looking. This was the standard - some of the guys from set:

This guy did a spot of modelling and now an up n coming guitarist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0pWT5GNsBE

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...52814050_n.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q.../np06t2pg0.jpg

In short there's something to be said about a Western European? upbringing, and the different beauty ideals that contrast with Asia especially. I didnt see this kind of preening in overseas Chinese in the States I suppose, but the EA population in Europe is alot smaller.

Last edited by smool; 08-05-2014 at 06:09 PM..

Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,991,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
None of those guys you mention are my type either. Jude Law was really good looking in his younger, pre-balding days, although he's a perfectly good looking man still.

Mark Wright is the type of guy I drool over.

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/...5591308415.jpg

Joey Essex is fit as well.

http://images.ok.co.uk/dynamic/3/451x567/56772_1.jpg

And Ashley Taylor Dawson.

http://images.ok.co.uk/dynamic/3/451x567/69131_1.jpg

These are all guys who feature on soap operas/reality TV, so not very famous.

If I was going to cite beautiful British women, I'd cite Emma Watson first. Kate Winslet is sexy in a 'classical' or mature kind of way. Emma Watson is sexy in a 'I'd do her right now' kind of way, lol.

But the best looking British men and women I see are mostly on soap operas rather than big-time film stars, and of course people I see on the street. I see people every day who are way better looking than David Beckham, Daniel Craig, Kate Winslet or Gemma Arterton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
He looks like Ben Affleck for a second LOL though looking very fine!

Sometimes it's worthy to searching models or non-mainstream actors rather than media exposed celebrities, assuming from your mentioned people above,
you probably have a similar preferences as mine.
http://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads...1372607657.jpg
More About the Model Pictures

http://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads...1406469114.jpg
More About the Model Pictures
I feel like a weirdo here. I don't find any of these men attractive. Human nature is funny...

In all fairness, Dunno What To Put Here has 'better' looking men than Tenkier's....and that's IF I had to choose, but it isn't saying much. Oh, where are your Spanish men examples? You said they were "dreamy"? I believe I will agree to those.

By the by, you two have similar taste in men anyway, become buddies or something.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:15 PM

147 posts, read 161,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Haha...quite the opposite.

I prefer pretty boys most of the time (admittedly, Justin Bieber is attractive to me - yes, he's a total douche, but his looks can't be denied). This guy is my ideal romantic type as we're both roughly similar when it comes to our age and physicality. Jason Statham may be too ripped and 'hard' for my taste, but he's got very handsome facial features.

Face matters a lot - If you're a 'bear' or whatnot, just as long as you have an attractive face, you're considered attractive to me.
I guess I was more thinking because Middle Eastern and Southern Euro men tend to be on the more hirsute side, hehe.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,991,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravelli View Post
I guess I was more thinking because Middle Eastern and Southern Euro men tend to be on the more hirsute side, hehe.
We are. But I'd associate the term 'bear' with fat hairy blokes, not thin or toned ones (who also would have hair). And I don't go for Med men because of hair, I go for them for their facial features.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:34 PM

147 posts, read 161,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
We are. But I'd associate the term 'bear' with fat hairy blokes, not thin or toned ones (who also would have hair). And I don't go for Med men because of hair, I go for them for their facial features.
Haha don't mind me, was just being a bit tongue in cheek. Yeah def. I'm not gay, but can definitely see that there are some very attractive men from that part of the world. I'm drawn to Italian women myself, facially speaking.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:41 PM

76 posts, read 47,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Heck I'd almost go gay for him . I do think Japanese guys are better looking in general than Chinese. Japanese women too. Koreans are overrated in general although some of the women have a graceful elegance about them.
Sorry Trimac, Japanese men and women are unattractive on average. I have been Japan and I was so disappointed with the people's look there, the vast majority of the Japanese (both men and women) that I saw on streets of any Japanese cities that I have been to are unattractive. Even the Japanese that I saw at Tokyo are unattractive. Koreans are also on average are unattractive.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:03 PM

10,292 posts, read 11,684,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheng99 View Post
Sorry Trimac, Japanese men and women are unattractive on average. I have been Japan and I was so disappointed with the people's look there, the vast majority of the Japanese (both men and women) that I saw on streets of any Japanese cities that I have been to are unattractive. Even the Japanese that I saw at Tokyo are unattractive. Koreans are also on average are unattractive.
Tokyo has the highest % of attractive women in 1 city i have ever seen.
Guessing you find them unattractive because you couldn't score.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:20 PM

432 posts, read 318,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Tokyo has the highest % of attractive women in 1 city i have ever seen.
Guessing you find them unattractive because you couldn't score.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:00 PM

10,292 posts, read 11,684,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheclouds1 View Post
So Tokyo has not the highest % of hottest women in 1 city i have ever seen?
How would you know what cities ive visited and what my taste is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or