U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM

12,581 posts, read 10,400,288 times

Advertisements

I'm gay but appreciate beauty on either side of the gender spectrum.. having said that, I find there are tons of great looking guys in Canada with really average looking women. Sorry Canadian girls... but I want you man!

I'd say the same for the U.S as well - even hotter guys with avg looking girls... I'd say Venezuela is the opposite lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM

72,352 posts, read 63,815,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringerbell View Post
Obviously these are subjective but based on feedback and own travel:

Eastern European women are better looking than men...
Portuguese, Italian and Spanish men are better looking than women...
Indonesian women are better looking than men...
Says who? What is your gender, OP? Russian and Romanian men can be very good-looking. As much so as the women. The Latin-type Romanian men are better looking than the women, imo.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM

2,385 posts, read 5,552,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringerbell View Post
I know a few girls who have said Korean men are good looking and the women all look the same...maybe its the Korean culture influence...

Pakistani men are considered stereotypically good looking compared to their neighbours...

Also 'same features' doesn't necessarily mean both are good looking...some features may look better on men than women and vice versa...

Stereotypes also would suggest that Portuguese, Italian and Spanish women should ratio wise be attractive...but it appears that many men and women in my experience feel men come out better there than females...

I've been to Latin America myself and felt that men and women were about equal...Eastern Europe I certainly felt the women looked a lot better...
I am not attracted to Asian men ( specifically Oriental looking men ) .

I have seen a number of Pakistani men who are goodlooking and appealing.

I haven't been to Latin America yet, but their actors look good too. One of the Latin American actors I like is Mario Cimaro

I have seen a lot of goodlooking Italian and Spanish men. There is just something about them that really captivates me... It's probably their dark hair and eyes and their beard.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:27 PM

5,449 posts, read 5,748,402 times
I'm gay but I definitely know when I see an attractive woman. I was in Switzerland in December and I saw a TON of gorgeous women, like knock-out gorgeous. I saw attractive men as well but the women were more memorable for me and I think it's because I saw so many of them. So I can safely say that based on my own opinion Swiss women are more attractive than Swiss men as a general rule. This was based on my observations in Zurich, Geneva, Lucerne, Berne, and Neuchatel.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:28 AM

40,815 posts, read 32,508,191 times
This is simply personal opinion but I think that German men are better looking than German women - ESPECIALLY as they age. Many middle aged German men dress very elegantly, while the women seem to become more frumpy. And those very strong jawlines that so many Germans have generally look better on a man than on a woman.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:54 AM
JL

7,305 posts, read 11,456,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is simply personal opinion but I think that German men are better looking than German women - ESPECIALLY as they age. Many middle aged German men dress very elegantly, while the women seem to become more frumpy. And those very strong jawlines that so many Germans have generally look better on a man than on a woman.
For me, it was a small sample size, but I noticed this too while in Spain...the male German tourists looked much better than their wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
These sort of statements are always based on stereotypes, and what the culture of the person who is doing the judging values in males/females. Generally, if the women in a place are attractive the men will be too and vice versa. I think a lot of the difference comes down to makeup, hairstyle, dress, behaviour.etc. I don't think British women are that ugly, for instance, and I think Russian men are not seen as hot primarily because they're stereotyped as being drunks or abusive and Russian women overshadow them. Japanese men are not on the same level as Japanese women because women don't have an Asian fetish (well it's not as common) compared to the men, although that could be changing. I've noticed the younger generation have a bit more of a thing for Japanese men due to pop culture.
Maybe men all over the world should start wearing makeup for the women to notice...lol

Last edited by JL; 05-26-2013 at 08:04 AM..

Old 05-26-2013, 08:48 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,002,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
For me, it was a small sample size, but I noticed this too while in Spain...the male German tourists looked much better than their wives.

Maybe men all over the world should start wearing makeup for the women to notice...lol
Honestly, it's only because people make fun of drag queens. But women could learn to appreciate men wearing makeup over time. Historically in many cultures men have worn makeup for beauty.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:05 AM

456 posts, read 504,610 times
I don't really feel some difference, maybe for eastern womans also some asian like vietnamese, womans are more attractive.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 PM

13,798 posts, read 12,557,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I'd second this opinion - I also think that German men look better than German women; it's as you've said certain types of prominent features in Germans ( like strong jaw line for example) play well in male version but not in female version.
It's a flip in case of Russians; sometimes I wonder - gee how could all these gorgeous girls come of such ugly fathers, lol.
Again - certain features there I guess play well for women and don't work too well for men.
I didn't notice anything similar in the US though among White Americans (or Brits for this matter) - there the looks seem to be "evenly-distributed" if I can say so.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,305,893 times
I tend to find men look better on average here simply because so many women don't even bother trying to look nice, don't bother wearing makeup and wear jeans too tight for them and 10 year-old cardigans, so look incredibly drab and plain, whereas men don't even have to make an effort to look good - they just need to wake up in the morning and they can call it 'laid back' or 'casual'. To be honest, I find the most attractive men to be the ones who don't put much effort and have 5 o'clock shadow.

Then there are stereotypes - British men have a reputation for being 'charming' or 'handsome' (like Hugh Grant, might be outdated by now though as the Beer Belly Brit seems to be taking over in Spain lol), but British women have a reputation for being ugly. These are just stereotypes though and have no relevance in real life.

I also like to think most women here do try, but many don't, and women who don't try to look nice don't look as attractive as men who don't make an effort to look nice, in my opinion of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or