U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 04:59 PM

13,817 posts, read 12,600,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I tend to find men look better on average here simply because so many women don't even bother trying to look nice, don't bother wearing makeup and wear jeans too tight for them and 10 year-old cardigans, so look incredibly drab and plain, whereas men don't even have to make an effort to look good - they just need to wake up in the morning and they can call it 'laid back' or 'casual'. To be honest, I find the most attractive men to be the ones who don't put much effort and have 5 o'clock shadow.

Then there are stereotypes - British men have a reputation for being 'charming' or 'handsome' (like Hugh Grant, might be outdated by now though as the Beer Belly Brit seems to be taking over in Spain lol), but British women have a reputation for being ugly. These are just stereotypes though and have no relevance in real life.

I also like to think most women here do try, but many don't, and women who don't try to look nice don't look as attractive as men who don't make an effort to look nice, in my opinion of course.
But see - clothing, make-up, it all comes kinda secondary ( although important in men's eyes, I understand.) However what I'm talking about first of all - the features primarily; eyes and what's not.
Would you say they play better for men in Gr. Br. or for women?
For example the German girl here ( whoever she is; a celebrity may be?) - I don't find her particularly attractive; the "boy" version of her would probably look better.

The Most Popular Country in the World: Revealed

In case of Gr. Br. - ok, throw charm in there (I understand again that it's a big part of attractiveness,) so even adding that to equation, do you think the looks play better for men or for women in Gr. Br?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,368,348 times
Simply going by casual observations on the street, I would still say men. I think the men, at least in my city, look better than the women, regardless of how much 'effort' they put into looking good.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Simply going by casual observations on the street, I would still say men. I think the men, at least in my city, look better than the women, regardless of how much 'effort' they put into looking good.
Well then there we go - THERE ARE countries where one gender looks better then the other.

OK, so let's put Gr. Br there too, but I still insist that US is 50/50))))

Old 05-26-2013, 05:51 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,113,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I feel that to the average American, Black men are seen to be more attractive than Black women, and Asian women are seen to be more attractive than Asian men.
Your opinion does not reflect the opinion of men who are in relationships and marriages with Black women. Passing off a personal opinion as collective fact is a sign of low level thinking. You may want to develop your critical thinking skills. Black women have no problem attracting American and non-American men of various persuasions who love Black women. Its just that simple. This online hate speech targeting Black women needs to end.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well then there we go - THERE ARE countries where one gender looks better then the other.

OK, so let's put Gr. Br there too, but I still insist that US is 50/50))))
You can insist on the UK too - these things are so ridiculously subjective after all.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
You can insist on the UK too - these things are so ridiculously subjective after all.
Nope, I reserve the right to insist only when I'm absolutely certain.

I wasn't all that certain on Gr. Br, so I take your word for it)))

Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,944,887 times
Quote:
I tend to find men look better on average here simply because so many women don't even bother trying to look nice, don't bother wearing makeup and wear jeans too tight for them and 10 year-old cardigans, so look incredibly drab and plain, whereas men don't even have to make an effort to look good - they just need to wake up in the morning and they can call it 'laid back' or 'casual'. To be honest, I find the most attractive men to be the ones who don't put much effort and have 5 o'clock shadow.

Then there are stereotypes - British men have a reputation for being 'charming' or 'handsome' (like Hugh Grant, might be outdated by now though as the Beer Belly Brit seems to be taking over in Spain lol), but British women have a reputation for being ugly. These are just stereotypes though and have no relevance in real life.

I also like to think most women here do try, but many don't, and women who don't try to look nice don't look as attractive as men who don't make an effort to look nice, in my opinion of course.
This is true. The "unkept" look goes much better with men that with women.

Here the stereotype of english men being hot and women being ugly does exist, too. I ve met some english tourists and found them to be charming and attractive. Maybe it was the accent

Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
This is true. The "unkept" look goes much better with men that with women.

Here the stereotype of english men being hot and women being ugly does exist, too. I ve met some english tourists and found them to be charming and attractive. Maybe it was the accent
That's only because we're used to seeing women look 'kept' and we've been brainwashed to think women naturally look how they do. Women start thinking they're objectively so much better looking and picky as hell when it comes to dating.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:03 PM

2,385 posts, read 5,567,316 times
Quote:

When I was in the UK, I saw so many goodlooking women, only that they wear too much foundation and mascara. Make up is good to enhance a woman's look but not to overdo it.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:05 PM

^^ well, there is the opposite extreme too, which is pretty common: women wearing too much makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or