U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:15 PM

119 posts, read 145,887 times

Advertisements

I live in the US right now, the deep south to be honest and I always had an interest in traveling to other countries. One of my top choices was Canada but after reading what I have read about Canada, it is probably one of the worst places in the world to be an Indian male whether or not you are Westernized.

Now I am looking for a country where there are other Indians I can hang out with, if I wanted to do that I would just go to India.

I am looking for a country that is big on integration and welcomes it. One where I won't have an issues making friends of other races or dating other races due to bad stereotypes attached to Indian men.

I was born and raised in the US, used to live on the west coast as a little kid but right now I am in the deep south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 08:40 AM

4,948 posts, read 6,887,162 times
Well, we've all heard about Australia and how a lot of their international students from india were being beaten up and harrassed, etc. . . Also, those incidents that happened at Bondi Beach where more Indians and middle easterners were harassed.

Id say the US is great for that, but it depends on where u live. The deep south probably isn't the place place for an indian male. However, have u considered the northeast? Maybe DC? Philly? New York City? Places like that would be quite easy for an Indian male to fit in and have diverse groups of friends from all backgrounds.

Also, Seattle, Washington and Los Angeles, California and San Francisco.

Even in Texas, there's a lot of diversity believe it or not. Houston, TX has lots of people from all over!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 AM

72,904 posts, read 64,340,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcarraway12 View Post
I live in the US right now, the deep south to be honest and I always had an interest in traveling to other countries. One of my top choices was Canada but after reading what I have read about Canada, it is probably one of the worst places in the world to be an Indian male whether or not you are Westernized.

Now I am looking for a country where there are other Indians I can hang out with, if I wanted to do that I would just go to India.

I am looking for a country that is big on integration and welcomes it. One where I won't have an issues making friends of other races or dating other races due to bad stereotypes attached to Indian men.

I was born and raised in the US, used to live on the west coast as a little kid but right now I am in the deep south.
What's wrong with Canada? Indians I've spoken to there are quite happy. Have you polled your countrymen there for their opinions?

Old 05-26-2013, 09:17 AM

20,900 posts, read 22,725,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcarraway12 View Post

Before I say something, so you know I've worked in India and worked with numerous Indian people across the planet and the US. Except for maybe NY and SoCal, there is no community that Indians have integrated well within. Looking at your past posts, you seem to be missing Indian culture or trying to be something you're not. Thus maybe you need to go to India and learn Indian culture.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 05-26-2013 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,893,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What's wrong with Canada? Indians I've spoken to there are quite happy. Have you polled your countrymen there for their opinions?
How many East Indians in Canada have you spoken to or polled, Ruth, sense you seem to be implying a double standard for Nick?

My guess is that most East Indian males in Canada haven't run into the romantic struggles Nick has. That is my guess. I could be wrong. Irrespective if I'm right or wrong, like a white, gay, male Nick does not have to conform to the status quo in Canada or play along with the rules of their sexual and romantic games. He is as an organism, in a competitive and "savage" world, within the bounds of sensibility, not necessarily incorrect to become a figurative "Christopher Columbus" and seek out his on niche in an environment more suitable fort him.

Progeny is the name of the game. Although, monks, nuns, lesbians, and gay men seem to have even shunned that in many cases.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 AM

2,680 posts, read 2,747,527 times
India

Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 AM

20,182 posts, read 21,793,720 times
Singapore

Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 AM

843 posts, read 1,323,563 times
India.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,496,638 times
India

Old 05-26-2013, 10:58 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,224,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Singapore
I would say Singapore too but I suspect the OP has a preference for white women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or