U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Racist Developed Countries
Norway 6 1.73%
Australia 50 14.41%
America 108 31.12%
Germany 23 6.63%
Netherlands 7 2.02%
Sweden 10 2.88%
Ireland 8 2.31%
New Zealand 1 0.29%
Switzerland 16 4.61%
Japan 118 34.01%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,152,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Black dudes and Indians are the most racist out there, they are obsessed with white girls, specially blonde ones, and hate their own kind.
Most black dudes favor black females or at least females built like "black women." Ergo, you have black men that travel to the Dominican Republic and Brazil for women with the "Latina" or "black" or "mulatta" look.

I don't know where you get this idea most black men like blonds that are white. They might big booty black women that have dyed their hair blond and relaxed their hair.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 10:36 PM

4,171 posts, read 2,627,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
My bad. I completely screwed that one sentence up. I made a few edited changes above, highlighted in red italics. The second sentence still ends kind of cumbersome and probably could be edited by someone else to read more crisp and clear.

Thanks, Gentoo.
So you were saying that you would expect feminists/sociologists/Afrocentric scholars to be in denial about there being a general preference for lighter-skinned women, right? I didn't get (still don't get) how you were trying to relate it to their stance on homosexuality

Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 PM

24,682 posts, read 49,148,876 times
The OP's ranking is entirely subjective, so I find it hard to really take it seriously.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 PM

3,973 posts, read 9,246,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
The U.S. I don't think is still racist. In the past it was, but so were many other countries. I mean countries like Portugal, Spain and Great Britain had no issue whatsoever in kidnapping and selling Africans to be SLAVES. Germany wiped out a huge chunk of the Jewish population in Europe. Let's not forget the genocide that also occurred in Eastern Europe. Or ask the Japanese what they think of the Chinese? Or ask a Korean how they feel about Filipinos.

So while the U.S. has had an ugly past with racism, I don't think we have been the worst. The U.S. has come a LONG way and if anything I think more credit should be given to the U.S. for the strides it has made, especially seeing as we have a half black president.

Is it perfect? No. But no other country is.
Or half white for that matter.....it wasn't like the country voted in Wesley Snipes. Black and whites alike are very "color struck" and even with Obama mulatto a lot of people voted against him because of the color of his skin.

As for the country I think we are progressing and it's becoming less about race and more about class...

Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 PM

3,973 posts, read 9,246,226 times
Quote:
Black dudes and Indians are the most racist out there, they are obsessed with white girls, specially blonde ones, and hate their own kind.

Michael Richards Spews Racial Hate -- Kramer Racist Rant - YouTube

Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,152,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
So you were saying that you would expect feminists/sociologists/Afrocentric scholars to be in denial about there being a general preference for lighter-skinned women, right? I didn't get (still don't get) how you were trying to relate it to their stance on homosexuality
No, I have no doubt they would accept the data or findings. In scientific writing the "discussion" and "conclusion" portion of a paper is separate methods & materials and data findings itself. It's the conclusions inferred from the data that may be totally objective or biased and reflective of one's political and social views.

How so?

Whether through survey or using high tech equipment to scan and analyze the brains of volunteers over images and or preferences for light skinned women or members of one's own sex, what does one conclude about biological or genetic determinism as an explanation for the results if the results conform to your expectations?

I guess my point is I would expect brain responses correlated with attraction, that evidence speeds of neurotransmissions too fast for a deliberation or choice to be made in a person. In other words a heterosexual black man is not deliberating or choosing to be attracted to black/brown women of lighter skin hues, and a homosexual man is not deliberating or choosing to be attracted to other men. What I take issue with is any conclusion that pretends to objectively infer from such findings a heritable genetic cause that determined said persons fate at conception.

I'm suggesting environments can significantly influence are likes and dislikes our sexual attractions and so forth. I think one can alter or expand their attractions for women to include women of darker hues over time with a will or desire to do so. I think a black boy's "choice" for a female of Halle Berry's hue was engrained and indoctrinated into him early on through many subtle (and not so subtle) cues in his environment. Probably other nuanced factors as well. Likewise, some of these nuanced factors I would think, go into young boys becoming gay and young girls becoming lesbian.

It's PC to explain homosexuality through fate at conception. But it's not PC to suggest that about why black men like light skinned black women in rap videos and movies. The militant explanation for colorism is it's "sociologically" caused (i.e., environmental causes).

Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 AM

8,111 posts, read 8,614,159 times
THis is an impossible thing to decide. First not all the nations that should be part of this poll are on the list. Canada and England are big ones missing, also missing is South Korea, Taiwan, France ??? lots missing really. I have been to two nations on that list other than the USA, so I am not qualified to even make a judgement on this. All the nations on this list have at least some racism in their past. Some of them have had slavery, some have commited genocide, some have learned from their mistakes better than others. Just 70 years ago two of the nations on that list were engaged in a war which was largely based on an opinion that they were racially superior to their neighbors. World war two is the worst event in recorded human history and it was largely fueled by racial hatred. Both the guilty nations have learned from what happened, especially Germany but you cannot deny what happened and how recent 70 years really is. My country the USA has an ugly history with racial conflict as we had slavery and conducted a brutal war of conquest against the Indians. Have we learned??? I think we have. Is there still racism here, well of course there is. Racism is part of human nature and its impossible to completely get rid of it, but it is possible to limit it. There are also some nations on the list that are largely homogenous and that fact protects them from the racial conflict that exists in racially diverse nations like the USA, Canada or Australia. Switzerland and the Norwegian nations come to mind here, very easy for them to appear to be not racist when they don't deal with the conflict everyday. In the end this is an impossible thing to decide, and unless you know all the nations on that list intimately its unfair to make the judgement in the end.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 AM

4,171 posts, read 2,627,722 times
Quote:
No, I have no doubt they would accept the data or findings. In scientific writing the "discussion" and "conclusion" portion of a paper is separate methods & materials and data findings itself. It's the conclusions inferred from the data that may be totally objective or biased and reflective of one's political and social views.

How so?

Whether through survey or using high tech equipment to scan and analyze the brains of volunteers over images and or preferences for light skinned women or members of one's own sex, what does one conclude about biological or genetic determinism as an explanation for the results if the results conform to your expectations?

I guess my point is I would expect brain responses correlated with attraction, that evidence speeds of neurotransmissions too fast for a deliberation or choice to be made in a person. In other words a heterosexual black man is not deliberating or choosing to be attracted to black/brown women of lighter skin hues, and a homosexual man is not deliberating or choosing to be attracted to other men. What I take issue with is any conclusion that pretends to objectively infer from such findings a heritable genetic cause that determined said persons fate at conception.

I'm suggesting environments can significantly influence are likes and dislikes our sexual attractions and so forth. I think one can alter or expand their attractions for women to include women of darker hues over time with a will or desire to do so. I think a black boy's "choice" for a female of Halle Berry's hue was engrained and indoctrinated into him early on through many subtle (and not so subtle) cues in his environment. Probably other nuanced factors as well. Likewise, some of these nuanced factors I would think, go into young boys becoming gay and young girls becoming lesbian.

It's PC to explain homosexuality through fate at conception. But it's not PC to suggest that about why black men like light skinned black women in rap videos and movies. The militant explanation for colorism is it's "sociologically" caused (i.e., environmental causes).
Ah, ok. This right here is a really good post. Gene/environment interactions fascinate me. We're all slaves to the both of them; it's just a matter of figuring out the details of our servitude, to the extent that they can be figured out (without altering the results, too). Epigenetics states that environment influences the genes that are expressed, which would then influence the environments we'd be more inclined to expose ourselves to, which would then further influence gene expression...and so on and so forth until we die

Old 05-27-2013, 11:57 AM

456 posts, read 560,626 times
Quote:

You must be wrong, many girls are very attracted to black mens i've seen many cute blondes with black mens...

Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 PM

24,682 posts, read 49,148,876 times
Quote:

How so?

Nothing militant about it. Dark skinned black men in Africa breed with dark skinned black women. That's natural. It's only when you have lighter skinned women, and a beauty standard that promotes lighter or medium coloured women as ideal, where you see this preference arise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World