U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Racist Developed Countries
Norway 6 1.73%
Australia 50 14.41%
America 108 31.12%
Germany 23 6.63%
Netherlands 7 2.02%
Sweden 10 2.88%
Ireland 8 2.31%
New Zealand 1 0.29%
Switzerland 16 4.61%
Japan 118 34.01%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:45 PM

843 posts, read 1,464,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
The USA has had a very racist history but i think its less racist then most countries here. I have never experienced racism anywhere until i went to one of the countries on the poll.
The U.S is one of the most racially segregated countries in the world.

No doubt.

However, most people in the U.S, especially the minorities know the rules of the game. And therefore, people practice self segregation to avoid confrontations with other races.

Maybe you don't consider racial segregation to be a form of racism, because at least people don't kill each other because of racism, and everyone seems to live in peace. What kind of doctrine do you believe in? Seperate and equal?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I think Japan is the clear winner here.

They dont even allow foreigners to immigrate to their country. That's racist.
At least America and Australia have all kinds of people to immigrate there...as well as Canada and the UK. .

Japan-- no. They're racist and look at foreigners with disdain. Yes, they dont mind foreigners visiting their country, but they would never welcome u to live there because you're not ethnic Japanese.

America is by no means perfect and has quite a racially checkered past--- we all know this, however modern America is one of the most diverse countries in the world and the avaerage American living day to day life experiences little to no racism at all. . . Same with Australia.
Diversity combined with segregation isn't too much to brag about.

Japanese are not comfortable with foreigners. On the other hand, White Americans have no problem with White Canadians. Why? Canadians are foreigners! You see, unlike Japanese, Americans welcome foreigners with open arms!
The reason is, they are white foreigners, way better than African Americans and first-generation immigrants from Asia.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:48 PM

3,719 posts, read 6,455,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
The U.S is one of the most racially segregated countries in the world.

No doubt.

However, most people in the U.S, especially the minorities know the rules of the game. And therefore, people practice self segregation to avoid confrontations with other races.

Maybe you don't consider racial segregation to be a form of racism, because at least people don't kill each other because of racism, and everyone seems to live in peace. What kind of doctrine do you believe in? Seperate and equal?
Agreed!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:33 AM

40 posts, read 76,084 times
When was the last time some of you were in Japan? The 1600's? The "Japanese don't accept you unless you are pure blood, you will be discriminated and disregarded like a peasant" dog BS is just that....a load of nonsense.

Japan is no more discriminatory than a vast number of first world countries and in many ways is less discriminatory than America. The vast majority of "problems" people cite in Japan as stemming from sort of Japanese racial pride and "discrimination" against non "pure blood" foreigners is actually a result of the following fact:

The Japanese language and Japanese culture are about as big of a divide as it gets for a typical Western and VERY few westerns ever get down either of those two things to any sort of notable degree. And yet even with that being the case the Japanese are still famous for being some of the most polite and professional people in the world....even to foreigners who basically butcher their culture on all fronts haha.

I tell you what go live in America without speaking English and without taking note or attempting to follow any of the typical cultural practices of the area you live in and let's see how "accepted" you are as an American. And no I'm not talking about you moving into a very specific area of a city like New York or LA that happens to have a high population percentage of people from your home culture.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:54 PM

745 posts, read 974,785 times
Why is America on there, but England is not? America, after all, has a black president, in a nation that is only 12% of African origin.

In England, there are gangs of white youths who attack blacks and Asians who are out and about minding their own business. (Russia is also notorious for these random racial attacks in public, especially in Moscow and on the subways, but I assume the OP doesn't consider Russia a 1st world nation). In America, random racial attacks are virtually unheard of. The last time I remember something like that happening was in the early 1990s, in Texas, where those teenagers abducted and dragged that black guy from behind their truck.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Why is America on there, but England is not? America, after all, has a black president, in a nation that is only 12% of African origin.

In England, there are gangs of white youths who attack blacks and Asians who are out and about minding their own business. (Russia is also notorious for these random racial attacks in public, especially in Moscow and on the subways, but I assume the OP doesn't consider Russia a 1st world nation). In America, random racial attacks are virtually unheard of. The last time I remember something like that happening was in the early 1990s, in Texas, where those teenagers abducted and dragged that black guy from behind their truck.
Russia is creepy and it's not even a civilized first world country.

I agree with you on the England part. England seems to be much more racist than Texas. Hate crime is actually quite rare in Texas. Usually, racism exists in the U.S in the form of racial segregation and unequal opportunity for minorities. Unlike England, being attacked by gangs of white racists is not common at all.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM

4,557 posts, read 5,538,184 times
Quote:

I agree with you on the England part. England seems to be much more racist than Texas. Hate crime is actually quite rare in Texas. Usually, racism exists in the U.S in the form of racial segregation and unequal opportunity for minorities. Unlike England, being attacked by gangs of white racists is not common at all.
Ever left Texas? Do you really think that attacks by white gangs are common in Britain?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:19 PM

8,024 posts, read 10,698,906 times
Haha less racist than Texas? Got any proof of that?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:31 PM

14,873 posts, read 19,025,829 times
Quote:

Good point.
Opinion: Anti-Muslim backlash in England, but not here - CNN.com

Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM

18,094 posts, read 15,758,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
In England, there are gangs of white youths who attack blacks and Asians who are out and about minding their own business.
Are you saying it is only white gangs that attack only non-white people? And are you meaning just in England, or all of the UK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World