Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Racist Developed Countries
Norway 7 1.85%
Australia 55 14.51%
America 116 30.61%
Germany 23 6.07%
Netherlands 7 1.85%
Sweden 10 2.64%
Ireland 12 3.17%
New Zealand 1 0.26%
Switzerland 16 4.22%
Japan 132 34.83%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
What should i base it on how many monkeys live in each country.
No i'm just saying there are more developed countries in the world than just the 10 you listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 01:52 PM

449 posts, read 640,667 times
For sure, Irland and Australia

Old 05-26-2013, 01:54 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Really? Care to share your personal experiences in each individual country listed above, bar your own?
NO
I said i want this thread to be based on maybe personal experiences or even stats. But i have had one personal experience in one of the countries but nobody believed me.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:55 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
No i'm just saying there are more developed countries in the world than just the 10 you listed.
Yeah why does it matter, i picked the top 10 only. if your mad make your on thread about this.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:56 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
I wouldn't have a clue to be honest. I've heard that Japan can be xenophobic, but that's not my experience with Japanese people I've met here.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:09 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Yet another thread solely based on stereotypes

Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
I couldn't imagine a country more racist/prejudice than the United States in the developed world. What other country in the developed world has a history more turbulent than the United States when it comes to race? I do believe that America has become more excepting of people from different races/ ethic backgrounds over the past two or three decades, however we still have along way to go.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:39 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,316,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I couldn't imagine a country more racist/prejudice than the United States in the developed world. What other country in the developed world has a history more turbulent than the United States when it comes to race? I do believe that America has become more excepting of people from different races/ ethic backgrounds over the past two or three decades, however we still have along way to go.
The U.S. I don't think is still racist. In the past it was, but so were many other countries. I mean countries like Portugal, Spain and Great Britain had no issue whatsoever in kidnapping and selling Africans to be SLAVES. Germany wiped out a huge chunk of the Jewish population in Europe. Let's not forget the genocide that also occurred in Eastern Europe. Or ask the Japanese what they think of the Chinese? Or ask a Korean how they feel about Filipinos.

So while the U.S. has had an ugly past with racism, I don't think we have been the worst. The U.S. has come a LONG way and if anything I think more credit should be given to the U.S. for the strides it has made, especially seeing as we have a half black president.

Is it perfect? No. But no other country is.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Racist in like blacks being discriminated because of their skin color just an example.
Here are the top most developed countries.
1. Norway
2. Australia
3. America
4. Netherlands
5. Germany
6. New Zealand
7. Ireland
8. Sweden
9. Switzerland
10. Japan

Here are my top racist countries out of the list.
1. Japan
2. Australia
3. Germany
4. New Zealand
5. Sweden
6. Switzerland
7. Ireland
8. America
9. netherlands
10. Norway
I was in the Marine Corps but I've known plenty of people that have went into the U.S. Army.

Your ranking strikes me as though you've rarely met Black-American Army soldiers that have done tours in Germany?

I've never met a single Black-American Army vet--not a single one--that didn't love Germany from their time spent there. There are a lot of mulatto children born in Germany with U.S. citizenship due to this too. I used to converse online with to mulatta women in the U.S. that had German mothers that got impregnated with them by black GI's from the U.S. and we weren't the only ones in our online group conversing that were half black and half German here in the USA.

Knowing what I do about racism and gauging from what I was taught in past Africology course a few years ago, I would say the United States would rank number one for racism. Particularly institutional racism. The state of Detroit and Gary, Indiana should be glaring examples of that. But more importantly all the businesses and industrial park development occurring outside of the traditional cities. My suspicion is that no financial loss has struck Black-America so far and wide since the end of Reconstruction.

Japan is often used as an example of a non-white racist nation, and with good reason.

I don't think Australia and Ireland would be at the top.

In my Africology course our professor viewed South Africa as the closet nation on earth to U.S. past and present. South Africa of course, has had a black president and has rich black people too.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
any links

America and Norway is shown to be pretty tolerant overall alongside Australia and Sweden...

Map shows world's most racist countries (and the answers may surprise you) | Mail Online
That question, that's not racism. Not per se. That's having a prejudice.

Discrimination and prejudice are not one and the same as racism. Kind of like the difference between the words empathy and sympathy.

Racism can use the tools of discrimination and prejudice though. That's why they seem the same.

Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another. So, if you love your black or Mexican maid but think you are racially superior to her then you're racist.

While I'm mulatto I have a prejudice against ethnic Black-American women. Usually. Not do to their race but stemming from cultural attributes I don't like. I do not feel that way about black African women from Cameroon or Brazil.

However, India does have a problem with racism or what some in Black-America would term "colorism." Black-America, Brazil, Mexico and almost all the world has that problem though.

Science has even found that males across the world tend to statistically favor lighter skin on women. So, feminist, sociologists, and Afrocentric scholars are going to say what about that in relation to their advocacy of the correctness of homosexuality? They'll reject the science about color and "being born that way" attracted to lighter skinned women right?

Last edited by Supine; 05-26-2013 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: last paragraph was nonsensical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World