U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The country with the richest culture is:
Indonesia 5 3.21%
Egypt 14 8.97%
Denmark 2 1.28%
Iran 11 7.05%
Germany 21 13.46%
Vietnam 8 5.13%
Japan 26 16.67%
Morocco 4 2.56%
Australia 1 0.64%
Israel 13 8.33%
Italy 47 30.13%
United Kingdom 41 26.28%
China 42 26.92%
South Korea 6 3.85%
Philippines 2 1.28%
Peru 3 1.92%
United States 47 30.13%
India 32 20.51%
Thailand 10 6.41%
Spain 25 16.03%
Russia 16 10.26%
Greece 18 11.54%
Netherlands 7 4.49%
Ireland 4 2.56%
Mexico 16 10.26%
France 37 23.72%
Argentina 3 1.92%
Iraq 6 3.85%
Poland 3 1.92%
Turkey 10 6.41%
Other country not listed (explain in post) 20 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:46 PM

28,483 posts, read 27,723,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Well, I was saying Iran reached a noticeable decline in recent times compared to historic times and having stagnancy for what is happening in Iran, at least based on the bad news from there.

I obviously don’t view Iran and Iraq in the same category. Iran is more culturally rich than Iraq. The origin of the unique Zoroastrianism religious philosophy is from ancient Persia/modern Iran, and the Persian carpets. I wonder why the Zoroastrianism religion went in decline and became mostly antiquated and Iran going from their unique religion to Muslim.

However, this is probably not enough for Iran to qualify for this topic in modern times for most culturally wealthy countries.

I believe there are plenty of countries in the world being culturally wealthy and economically wealthy simultaneously. This does not have to be mutually exclusive and finding a successful balance is possible for the same country being culturally wealthy and economically wealthy.

You should know already Rock n Roll is much more peaceful and superior compared to Hip Hop for plenty of reasons and I am done for debating about this for now.

I already know what is good for the world for almost everything imaginable.

My original list is about much more, but a few people just fail to realize enlightenment or when they have mostly similar opinions with other people but end up being rude and lack of respect for no reasons. Do you really think I care about some people having certain disagreement with me, or if they show not appropriate rude responses? I usually completely ignore this form of negativity. I prefer to focus on positive, optimistic thinking.

I post mostly for my personal enlightenment, the wealth of information, entertainment and I post for the friendly people agreeing with me showing the value, respect, and appreciation. I enjoy seeing and reading other people’s posts showing a similar view on life, and I care a lot about this good kind of energy.

However, a variety of opinions is necessary too and sometimes part of the picture.
In short, you have your own opinions but can't find a way to turn them into actual facts. It comes off as rude and unenlightened. It sounds like you want an echo chamber.

Here's an interesting note for you--not all Muslims are the same. There are different sects in as much as there is variation among other religions and they can differ radically. A lot of the backwardsness you see about Iran in the media here is incredibly cherry-picked. Iran's been an odd bogeyman for a while now despite almost always being on the defensive end of things. Blaming Iran for not staying true to Zoroastrianism is ridiculous. You'd have to blame all of Europe and then much of the New World and Africa for falling to Christianity. You'd have to blame much of southeast and east Asia for falling to Buddhism (which despite its current reputation has actually had Buddhist kingdoms taking part in incredible violence).

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 07-02-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 AM

6,383 posts, read 11,713,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
In short, you have your own opinions but can't find a way to turn them into actual facts. It comes off as enlightened. It sounds like you want an echo chamber.

Here's an interesting note for you--not all Muslims are the same. There are different sects in as much as there is variation among other religions and they can differ radically. A lot of the backwardssness you see about Iran in the media here is incredibly cherry-picked. Iran's been an odd bogeyman for a while now despite almost always being on the defensive end of things. Blaming Iran for not staying true to Zoroastrianism is ridiculous. You'd have to blame all of Europe and then much of the New World and Africa for falling to Christianity. You'd have to blame much of southeast and east Asia for falling to Buddhism (which despite its current reputation has actually had Buddhist kingdoms taking part in incredible violence).
I see this being very ironic right now because we actually showed mostly similar opinions for our view related to culturally wealthy and most culturally rich countries. I noticed you did this with other similar posters in this topic too. Why don’t you focus on everything you agree with more and not the disagreement?

This is an internet website forum. This is the place for people to show their opinions on a variety of topics. I even provide facts to go with my opinions plenty of times when appropriate.

It is never supposed to be so pretentious and its not like posting here is someone’s career or school education, and some people appear to forget this reality. We should all relax and enjoy posting for the entertainment, and the wealth of information on this website.

I already know everything you said related to spirituality and religion, so don’t be presumptuous with someone you don’t know.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I see this being very ironic right now because we actually showed mostly similar opinions for our view related to culturally wealthy and most culturally rich countries. I noticed you did this with other similar posters in this topic too. Why don’t you focus on everything you agree with more and not the disagreement?

This is an internet website forum. This is the place for people to show their opinions on a variety of topics. I even provide facts to go with my opinions plenty of times when appropriate.

It is never supposed to be so pretentious and its not like posting here is someone’s career or school education, and some people appear to forget this reality. We should all relax and enjoy posting for the entertainment, and the wealth of information on this website.

I already know everything you said related to spirituality and religion, so don’t be presumptuous with someone you don’t know.
This one has to be sarcasm, right? At least some kind of internet performance art.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:04 PM

6,383 posts, read 11,713,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
This one has to be sarcasm, right? At least some kind of internet performance art.
You probably started posting much more in the World forums thanks to me, and similar posters having the perfect, amazing, interesting topics and posts in these forums.

I see so much irony and contradiction in the recent responses it is almost unbelievable. We actually post similarly sometimes, and even agreeing with each other in earlier times for some similar opinions. You don’t realize this?

At least you find my posts being very entertaining, informative, enlightening, and giving the hypnotic spell of interest too. I feel the same opinion for my favorite posts from plenty of other people too.

Please no more responses for now with this topic! I have 10 to 20 other topics to post today in the World forum and then I don’t have enough time for the next few days. We both did a good job for most posts in this topic for ideas and life related to culturally wealthy and most culturally wealthy countries.

I am going to quote this post for the temporary closure for now:

Quote:
I have chosen the final list for most culturally wealthy countries, in exact order:

Tier 1: 1. France, 2. China, 3. India, 4. Taiwan, 5. Austria, 6. Italy, 7. Spain, 8. Argentina, 9. Thailand, 10. Czech Republic

Tier 2: 11. USA 12. UK 13. Switzerland 14. Vietnam 15. Singapore 16. Japan 17. Malaysia 18. South Korea 19. Netherlands 20. Belgium 21. Sweden 20. Denmark 21. Norway 22. Germany 23. Canada 24. Australia

Tier 3: 25. Russia 26. Fiji 27. Bhutan 28. Cambodia 29. Turkey 30. Morocco 31. Indonesia 32. Philippines 33. Mexico 34. Israel 35. Sri Lanka.

This is based on an intricate combination of Celebrations, Tradition, Festivals, Being Unique, Lifestyle, Education, Literature, Philosophy, Food Scene, Architecture, Music Scene, Films Movies scene, Museums, Art Scene, Languages, Variation of Culture, Shopping Scene, Home Decorating Design Items, and Spirituality.

Cultural wealth is also based on quality, balance, stability, cultural image, not just diversity/quantity, or cultural innovation.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Anyone notice that Denmark made the poll, but not Sweden?

Old 07-04-2013, 01:33 PM

4,557 posts, read 5,521,024 times
Quote:
You probably started posting much more in the World forums thanks to me, and similar posters having the perfect, amazing, interesting topics and posts in these forums.
Your posts are kinda like Apple keynotes.

Incredible amazing awesome Apple - YouTube

Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 PM

14,873 posts, read 18,976,056 times
Alexa Top 500 global sites

First 15
Google - USA
Facebook - USA
YouTube - USA
Yahoo! - USA
Baidu - China
Amazon - USA
Wikipedia - USA
QQ - China
Windows Live - USA
Linked In - USA
Twitter - USA
Blogspot - USA
Taobao - China
Google India - India
Bing - USA

Old 08-05-2013, 02:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,045,680 times
In the recent times I would say Germany or USA.
In the history as a whole, Italy. In all of the fields of the human knowledge, italians produced an extensive set of works distributed through the time. In music, visual arts, literature, science, technology... only for naming a few: Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Dante Alighieri, Claudio Monteverdi, Antonio Vivaldi, Giuseppe Verdi, Sandro Botticelli, Umberto Eco, Alessandro Volta, Enrico Fermi, Guglielmo Marconi; perhaps Italy is behind other countries only about philosophy (Germany and France are ahead).

Old 08-05-2013, 08:30 PM

22,255 posts, read 25,703,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Alexa Top 500 global sites

First 15
Google - USA
Facebook - USA
YouTube - USA
Yahoo! - USA
Baidu - China
Amazon - USA
Wikipedia - USA
QQ - China
Windows Live - USA
Linked In - USA
Twitter - USA
Blogspot - USA
Taobao - China
Google India - India
Bing - USA
I'm a bit lost - what point are you trying to prove, and what relevance does it have to this thread?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 PM

14,873 posts, read 18,976,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'm a bit lost - what point are you trying to prove, and what relevance does it have to this thread?
Internet is pretty popular, especially in the developed nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World