Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,496,471 times

Advertisements

January - Sydney (for New Year and Oz Day)
February - Seoul (Visit in laws and Luna New Year)
March - China
April - Koh Samui (Thailand)
May - Cairns Australia
June - London
July - Greek Islands
August - Southern France
September - Munich (For Oktoberfest, the majority of which is in September)
October - South Africa
November -South Island - NZ
December - Southern Queensland Australia (For Christmas with my Family)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,021,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
March - China
July - Greek Islands
August - Southern France
October - South Africa
November -South Island - NZ
China... Just like that?
A country with almost 20% of the world's population and bigger in size than Australia, New Zealand, UK and Ireland combined...

Where in South Africa?
Where in Southern France?
What Greek Island?

Come on people is it that hard to list the city or at least put down the province you want to stay in, just regions/countries is to easy.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,496,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
China... Just like that?
A country with almost 20% of the world's population and bigger in size than Australia, New Zealand, UK and Ireland combined...

Where in South Africa?
Where in Southern France?
What Greek Island?

Come on people is it that hard to list the city or at least put down the province you want to stay in, just regions/countries is to easy.
Kunnming (or somewhere in the Kunming area) , Cannes, Capetown, and Santorini, Would you like me to specify which town on Santorini?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:12 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,738 times
Beyond the obvious fact that others have brought up about flying back and forth over the ocean, and spending countless hours in a jet, I begin to wonder, if, even with millions, how long would it REALLY last, spending it at that rate? And changing locales every month would barely give a person enough time to enjoy where they are at. The better way, if the point is to outsmart the seasons, is to live 6 months in a temperate locale in winter, then 6 months in a temperate locale in the summer. Similar to what retiree "snowbirds" do here. To live in different locales just to be able to say one can, is pointless, in my opinion. I suppose someone younger than me would enjoy the thrill of it, but, then, as we age, at least for me, traveling gets less, and less appealing. I crave familiarity, and stability, personally. Find the best place you can, then make it home.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 AM

814 posts, read 1,149,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
To live in different locales just to be able to say one can, is pointless, in my opinion.
Even though it's not my own preference (at this point in my life, anyway), I am able to appreciate your philosophy on "making a home." But I hope that you can also appreciate that, for many of us who are daydreaming in this thread (or at the very least, for me), living in such a way would lead to great personal edification and would not be "just to say we can."

Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,573,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
This list shows you want to live in France after all, and not ukk/England, especially for Lyon Rhone-Alpes region in August. You rather live in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, France, Austria, and even Estonia compared to UK/England.

Why don’t you have at least one place in Asia? What about Sapporo/Northern Japan in early winter?

Did you really mostly choose your list based on only weather preferences for every month? I barely considered weather for 12 months, 12 places to live, and is only a slight, subtle influence.

I see quality of life, scenery, local culture, entertainment options, having a busy life, similar characteristics and personality traits to be more important overall.
Uh, not really. I already live in the UK - I've experienced what the UK has to offer in full, so given the opportunity I would live elsewhere for 12 months to experience what they have to offer, and yes, I listed one place from France. This doesn't translate to me not wanting to live in the UK. Where is the fun in choosing to live somewhere different for each month of the year if I just pick places in the country where I already live? Yawn.

Also, did I say I based it only on weather? I said it may be a subconscious factor - all of the places I listed, I have interest for regardless of the weather. I don't have much interest for Hokkaido or northern Japan, but I wouldn't mind living in Kuala Lumpar, Singapore, or Bangkok, but it would be hard for me to genuinely enjoy myself there because both they are like saunas and I would feel uncomfortable most of the time. That's the sad thing - Asia has some fantastic cities, it's just a shame I wouldn't want to live in any of them, considering the most exciting ones are usually steam baths year-round, and it would be hard for me to enjoy myself there. I'd go for a week or two, but an entire month in Singapore would be too much to handle, and I'd probably feel extremely fatigued.

Now, if I was offered a high-paying job with perks, then that'd be a different story, as economic factors trump weather all the time.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,643 times
January - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
February - Sydney, Australia
March - Miami, FL USA
April - Dubai, UAE
May - Tokyo, Japan
June - New York City, USA
July - Vancouver, Canada
August - Los Angeles, CA USA
September - San Francisco, CA USA
October - Hong Kong, China
November - Barbados
December - Singapore

Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,021,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
January - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
February - Sydney, Australia
March - Miami, FL USA
April - Dubai, UAE
May - Tokyo, Japan
June - New York City, USA
July - Vancouver, Canada
August - Los Angeles, CA USA
September - San Francisco, CA USA
October - Hong Kong, China
November - Barbados
December - Singapore
Did you just write down the hardest flying schedule you could think of?

Doesn't this makes more sense to you?
JAN - Dubai
FEB - Singapore
MAR - Hong Kong
APR - Sydney
MAY - Tokyo
JUN - New York City
JUL - Vancouver
AUG - San Francisco
SEP - Los Angeles
OCT - Miami
NOV - Barbados
DEC - Rio de Janeiro

Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
here's mine based on swimsuit models' birthdays that I know...

January - Leon, Nicaraugua
February - Haifa, Israel
March - Bangui, Central African Republic
April - Saint-Denis, Reunion
May - Diourbel, Senegal
June - North Platte, USA
July - Mombasa, Kenya
August - Beograd, Serbia
September - Luxembourg, Luxembourg
October - Macao, Macao
November - Tiaret, Algeria
December - Niamey, Niger

Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Uh, not really. I already live in the UK - I've experienced what the UK has to offer in full, so given the opportunity I would live elsewhere for 12 months to experience what they have to offer, and yes, I listed one place from France. This doesn't translate to me not wanting to live in the UK. Where is the fun in choosing to live somewhere different for each month of the year if I just pick places in the country where I already live? Yawn.

Also, did I say I based it only on weather? I said it may be a subconscious factor - all of the places I listed, I have interest for regardless of the weather. I don't have much interest for Hokkaido or northern Japan, but I wouldn't mind living in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, or Bangkok, but it would be hard for me to genuinely enjoy myself there because both they are like saunas and I would feel uncomfortable most of the time. That's the sad thing - Asia has some fantastic cities, it's just a shame I wouldn't want to live in any of them, considering the most exciting ones are usually steam baths year-round, and it would be hard for me to enjoy myself there. I'd go for a week or two, but an entire month in Singapore would be too much to handle, and I'd probably feel extremely fatigued.

Now, if I was offered a high-paying job with perks, then that'd be a different story, as economic factors trump weather all the time.
Well, if you really enjoyed living in UK, you would have at least 1 place in UK for the 12 months, 12 places to live game. I have up to 3 places included for the country I lived in most of my life. However, I also crave international living and to be in plenty of my favorite countries all over the world.

This is good to see you respect, and like at least some places in Asia. Maybe if Tokyo was in Hokkaido island/Northern Japan instead of Honshu island Central Japan you might want to live in Tokyo region more.

Hong Kong and Taipei usually have mild weather during the winter months and at least 3 months of the year, so they are not necessarily warm/hot year round. Seoul is having an even mix of cold, mild, warm, and hot 4 seasons weather. I continue to have the same Continental Mediterranean 4 seasons weather preference, a blend of Chicago/Boston/Nice/Lankaran/Redding California weather, but this doesn’t really determine where I live, visit, and travel.

Singapore, Bangkok, and Kuala Lumpur are warm/hot year round, but they have enough redeeming features about them to triumph over the weather.

Economy is important but doesn’t usually triumph over culture or other important characteristics for quality of life. For one example, I assume you never would want to live in Qatar, Bahrain, or Luxembourg, even if being offered a high paying job over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World