Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country has the most fame in celebrities, movies, music?
UK 18 14.63%
America 92 74.80%
Australia 5 4.07%
Canada 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:36 AM

362 posts, read 794,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
It seems that most developed or globalized countries watch american movies and listen to MOSLTY american music, why is that, is there a history for this wonderful country in getting all the fame? Obviously we dont have those boy bands like Justin Biber(canada) or One Direction(UK). By the way i am a huge fan of Adele, the beetles and other artist. Also looking at some countries top movies right now like Australia, al the top movies are american in developed or globalized countries, why is this, does america just get lucky?
The US are the king of international propaganda. Hence they injected lots of money into the film industry during wars,which they have every day..

America has more diversity and more diverse cultures who contribute alot to cultural exports.

Half of the movies are made by american jews. Jews are good story tellers and make good movies, If the other countries had more jews they'd have more movies

Blacks are entertaining and a very cultural people if those other countries had more blacks they'd have more movies and entertainment.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
The US are the king of international propaganda. Hence they injected lots of money into the film industry during wars,which they have every day..

America has more diversity and more diverse cultures who contribute alot to cultural exports.

Half of the movies are made by american jews. Jews are good story tellers and make good movies, If the other countries had more jews they'd have more movies

Blacks are entertaining and a very cultural people if those other countries had more blacks they'd have more movies and entertainment.

So Israel and oh...I don't know...Kenya aren't making more movies because????

Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
US received the best and brightest from Europe and is still attracting these people from all corners of the globe today. Hollywood is where the film world took off. Any entertainer worth their salt has to make it in the US. Whether people admit it or not American culture is taking over the world and anyone that wants worldwide fame has to make it there.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:03 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
See what happens when I post facts abou the U.S?

Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yes, these are SOME facts. The crap you posted before it last time was nonsense and didn't belong.

Largest developed country...check

A lot of our movies and TV shows...well as pointed out earlier, they are shown generally on stations that receive low viewership, just as the many foreign TV shows that are shown in the US are shown in obscurity.
our crime shows like CSI do not receive low viewership....

Quote:
Subway and McDonald's all over the world...Check BUT, so are companies from other nations; Nikon, Canon and Sony have operations in every country they're products are sold. So does Sennheiser. Also, once again, things we think are American were borrowed. America's got talent is the USA version of Britain's got talent. The Voice originated in The Netherlands.
McDonalds and Subway are the most successful fast food chains in the world.
But if you want to talk about companies in general we have Apple, Google and Microsoft.

Quote:
We usually do OK during the summer Olympics...check, but other countries generally do better during the winter Olympics so what's your point here?

These are also some fact for ya
My point is we do good at the Summer Olympics.

Winter Olympics aren't as popular but we ain't that bad there either..

Old 06-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Well, tell that to those who prefer to watch shows on their own networks at more reasonable hours. The viewership is low BY COMPARISON. Do you know what that means?
Quote:
McDonalds and Subway are the most successful fast food chains in the world.
True, but how much competition does American fast food have from other countries? We invented fast food where as other nations haven't really responded with too many of their own. That's like invading Switzerland with a major army then patting yourself on the back for a job well done
Quote:
But if you want to talk about companies in general we have Apple, Google and Microsoft.
Can't argue with that but I do again point to Sony, Canon and the various Mitsubishi companies.
Quote:
My point is we do good at the Summer Olympics.
That's wonderful. My point is we're not as good at the winter olympics

Old 06-29-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Well, tell that to those who prefer to watch shows on their own networks at more reasonable hours. The viewership is low BY COMPARISON. Do you know what that means?
By comparison? All I was saying is that a lot of our movies and tv shows are shown all over the world.
I wasn't comparing anything.

Quote:
True, but how much competition does American fast food have from other countries? We invented fast food where as other nations haven't really responded with too many of their own. That's like invading Switzerland with a major army then patting yourself on the back for a job well done
Okay thank you.

Quote:
Can't argue with that but I do again point to Sony, Canon and the various Mitsubishi companies..
Okay? I don't really care I'm talking about American companies, you keep turning this into a competition for some reason.

Quote:
That's wonderful. My point is we're not as good at the winter olympics
I was talking about Summer Olympics.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
All I was saying is that a lot of our movies and tv shows are shown all over the world.
I wasn't comparing anything.
Quote:
Okay? I don't really care I'm talking about American companies, you keep turning this into a competition for some reason.
Competition? Um..no, I'm just saying that from a global perspective, we are a major player but not the only major player.
Quote:
I was talking about Summer Olympics.
And I was talking about winter olympics.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
I think a some Americans take the widespread reach of their entertainment industry as acceptance of all things American.
The image provided by U.S. media in general is a far cry from reality. A lot of people in poorer countries who see American movies or watch American pop stars get a skewed version of what the U.S. is about. Even poor people on American T.V. shows seem to dress well and live in nice places.
The reality hits some of them once they arrive. Certainly there are immigrant success stories but that exists in all developed countries.
Even tourists, once they move away from the tourist centres get a bit of a shock.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Competition? Um..no, I'm just saying that from a global perspective, we are a major player but not the only major player.And I was talking about winter olympics.
Okay, all i was doing is basically stating what my country has contributed to the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The image provided by U.S. media in general is a far cry from reality. A lot of people in poorer countries who see American movies or watch American pop stars get a skewed version of what the U.S. is about. Even poor people on American T.V. shows seem to dress well and live in nice places.
The reality hits some of them once they arrive. Certainly there are immigrant success stories but that exists in all developed countries.
Even tourists, once they move away from the tourist centres get a bit of a shock.
True, you should hear some of the things Canadians and Europeans say about America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World