U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 AM
AFP

6,063 posts, read 3,622,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia View Post
Portugal is same first world country as Greece, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary or Estonia. It just mentality a lot of times is Third World.

IMF advanced economies

[CENTER][/CENTER] Countries described as Advanced Economies by the IMF

According to the International Monetary Fund, the following 39 economies are classified as "advanced economies":[7]

The CIA has modified an older version of the IMF's list of Advanced Economies, noting that the IMF's Advanced Economies list "would presumably also cover"[12] some smaller countries. These include:
See also: The World Factbook list of developed countries
Explain the bolded statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 06:33 PM

6,041 posts, read 10,356,467 times
Stage of antiquity never relevant past false ideologies with Developing/Undeveloped/Various First/Second/Third Group Planet, etcetera. Going smooth chronological order from left to right. First one in collection of nations isn’t ever belonging. Spiraling dysfunctional chaos that just isn’t delivering competent service between other people in daily lifestyle. Quintessential recent modern Greece synopsis. Succeeding unique within borders reality is kind of like rustic Iberian counterpart while the next door neighbor is wild royal maintaining luxuries, sophistication even extra high up (Portugal entering Spain). Finally, Italy is winning just by a few molecules, yet extremely close competition between Spain, and Italy. Only those are legitimate into category. Although, exhibiting common vast major disparities comparing various regions. Portugal is in the middle compromise of those relatives.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 08-06-2018 at 06:51 PM..

Old 08-17-2018, 04:12 AM

1 posts, read 273 times
I read several bs in this thread. I live in Greece, studied in the US, and travelled in Scandinavia recently. I live in a house with dionysus marbles (most americans and scandinavians that think they are 1st world countries compared to Greece) can't even imagine or afford houses with that wealth. Millions in the US live in containers and mobile houses, are you joking me? No one in Greece would allow himself to live in such conditions, please wake up..

Old 08-17-2018, 07:48 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,386,997 times
Default Greece is definitely considered a First World Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGRATHI View Post
I read several bs in this thread. I live in Greece, studied in the US, and travelled in Scandinavia recently. I live in a house with Dionysus marbles (most Americans and Scandinavians that think they are 1st world countries compared to Greece) can't even imagine or afford houses with that wealth. Millions in the US live in containers and mobile houses, are you joking me? No one in Greece would allow himself to live in such conditions, please wake up..
You're right!

However, in my experience, typically in Greece one acquires property passed down over generations, begin building their homes as their finances allow, even if it takes a few years and sometimes...money from America.

One word...earthquakes.

List of earthquakes in Greece

Tectonic setting

Greece is located at the complex boundary zone in the eastern Mediterranean between the African Plate and the Eurasian Plate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...akes_in_Greece

This one in particular was very bad.

1953 Ionian earthquake

The 1953 Ionian earthquake (also known as the Great Kefalonia earthquake) struck the southern Ionian Islands in Greece on August 12. In mid-August there were over 113 recorded earthquakes in the region between Kefalonia and Zakynthos, and the most destructive was the August 12 earthquake. The event measured 7.2 on the surface wave magnitude scale, and it raised up the whole island of Kefalonia by 60 cm (24 in), and caused widespread damage throughout the islands of Kefalonia and Zakynthos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Ionian_earthquake

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 08-17-2018 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 08-17-2018, 08:09 AM

33,549 posts, read 51,750,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia View Post
Portugal is same first world country as Greece, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary or Estonia. It just mentality a lot of times is Third World.

IMF advanced economies

Countries described as Advanced Economies by the IMF

According to the International Monetary Fund, the following 39 economies are classified as "advanced economies":[7]

The CIA has modified an older version of the IMF's list of Advanced Economies, noting that the IMF's Advanced Economies list "would presumably also cover"[12] some smaller countries. These include:
See also: The World Factbook list of developed countries
Well... add Poland:
By September 2018, Poland will no longer be ranked by FTSE Russell as an Emerging Market (FTSE Emerging All Cap), but as a Developed Market (FTSE Developed All Cap Ex-US). This will place the country together with 24 other nations including Germany, France, Japan and Australia. Poland is the first Central and Eastern European economy to be upgraded to Developed Market status.
https://emerging-europe.com/news/pol...market-status/

FTSE Russell has announced the upgrade of Poland from Emerging Market to Developed Market status on 29 September 2017. Poland became the world's 26th Developed Market, according to FTSE Russell. It's the first former Eastern Bloc country to achieve this status.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:36 PM

302 posts, read 111,753 times
This question is one of a batch with slight variation revolving around the same concept "Do you consider Greece, Portugal, Italy and Spain_______________ ?" insert Third world, first world, White, Brown, European, African, poor, developed, underdeveloped, intolerant, racist, backward. Forgive me for those adjective I couldn't think of as I am writing this post. If you are ever looking for an example of a loaded question, this thread's original post meets all the requirements of one.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:40 AM

6,112 posts, read 10,148,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
If you are ever looking for an example of a loaded question, this thread's original post meets all the requirements of one.
Humans the world over tend to get their jollies over fruitless polemics.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:17 AM

131 posts, read 21,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
This question is one of a batch with slight variation revolving around the same concept "Do you consider Greece, Portugal, Italy and Spain_______________ ?" insert Third world, first world, White, Brown, European, African, poor, developed, underdeveloped, intolerant, racist, backward. Forgive me for those adjective I couldn't think of as I am writing this post. If you are ever looking for an example of a loaded question, this thread's original post meets all the requirements of one.
Trump crapola, disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or