Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 04:40 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,881,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Right.. internet research alone, as well as one fleeting visit, essentially constitutes living here for all of your life, and means you are an expert on said country, and means you know more about said country than the people who live there, or visit there on a regular basis. Continue to believe what you like - just as long as you know that what you're saying is utterly ridiculous and has absolutely no substance. Well, deep down inside I actually know you have perfect, amazing, impressive, entertaining, useful posts in the World forum, even I am not saying this right now.

Now please, follow through and do not respond to or read any of my posts, since you know what I am saying has infinitely less validity than anything you have ever posted or will ever post in the future.
[Mod cut: opinion]

How ironic I know the real UK much better than you, and it was enough for the visit, online research, seeing photos, BBC, and the people I encountered from there.

You obviously don’t know the World forum, and being too limited, because this is about universal topics, and about people’s lives anywhere in the world, so around only 10% of all posts end up being expert viewing of countries, so what you are saying is just a broken record joke and continued negative insults for no reason.

Deep down inside you love my posts and agree with everything after all to want to respond over and over again.

Okay, I am not going to respond to your posts anymore then, unless it is for a polite, appropriate debate. Time to move on.

Please stay on topic for the World’s most decadent countries in the world and read this perfect, amazing post you agree with right now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
I believe the most decadent countries would be about culture, superficial impressive country image, scenery, and how the majority of the world population internationally view those regions of a country.

Its not supposed to be about alcohol consumed per adult annually, cigarettes consumed per adult, net gambling loses as a percentage of GDP, propensity to vice, amphetamine use, cannabis use, ecstasy use, or all drugs annual prevalence percentage summed. What a delusional list not relevant to the real most decadent countries of the world.

Quote:
There is a noticeable difference between most decadent countries vs. most corrupt countries, and needing to use another set of criteria for the most decadent countries.

In retrospect, I now realize the term decadent/decadence has much more negative connotations in meaning compared to something positive. However, some of characteristics in decadence does not really seem to be particularly bad all the time, and being multi-dimensional in life. “Luxurious self-indulgence” is able to be very beneficial, and pleasant for people if taken into moderation, and not extreme amounts for someone’s lifestyle.

Based on your view of decadence, what do you believe are the top 10 most decadent nations? Are USA, China, UAE, France, Italy in your top 10?

Last edited by elnina; 08-22-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,417,406 times
Quote:

How ironic I know the real UK much better than you, and it was enough for the visit, online research, seeing photos, BBC, and the people I encountered from there.
Aren't you an American?

Old 07-26-2018, 03:06 AM

1 posts, read 687 times
Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Britain, Canada, US, Australia, and Japan.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:27 AM

5,214 posts, read 3,982,894 times
What a bullsh*t western propaganda, the author who gives no credible source is saying "Let's put all the white countries who seem to be Russian colonies in America as racist and decadent...and guess what - we will never add america or canada on the list".

Old 07-26-2018, 08:29 AM

5,214 posts, read 3,982,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotaboyy View Post
Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Britain, Canada, US, Australia, and Japan.
^ That but minus Japan.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:34 AM

1,892 posts, read 1,670,485 times
Well, I ll continue to be decadent with my Pessac Leognan and work to increase the score of France.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 AM

4,363 posts, read 7,035,938 times
Statistics show that Australians spend a higher percent of income on gambling, than any other nation on earth.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:05 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,281,603 times
That is true and it is not regarded by most people as decadent. We are not a religious country, only 15% of people regularly worship. A good few of the 15% are Catholic who do not ban gambling like some of the other churches.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,325,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Statistics show that Australians spend a higher percent of income on gambling, than any other nation on earth.
A lot of that is via poker machines (slot machines) at sports and community clubs, who then use the income to subsidise member services like restaurants, vacation accommodation, sports teams including junior sports or sports facilities. Charities raise a lot of money via raffles for cars, luxury homes etc. Technically its all gambling, but a lot of folk see it more as a 'donation'.

Im not sure whether other countries use gambling in that way, or to that extent.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:36 AM

23,862 posts, read 71,249,735 times
Why do we care about a five year old thread where the OP doesn´t even post a reliable source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World