U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
China 3 3.95%
India 0 0%
Japan 1 1.32%
Thailand 0 0%
Finland 3 3.95%
Italy 0 0%
Norway 0 0%
United States 35 46.05%
United Kingdom 4 5.26%
Canada 15 19.74%
Costa Rica 0 0%
Brazil 2 2.63%
Australia 3 3.95%
Switzerland 2 2.63%
Other 8 10.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:53 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,875,705 times

Advertisements

By biological and scientifical value: Brazil, Russia, some African and Central American countries.

By landscape value: US, Russia, Norway etc.

By level of enjoyment (air, scents, sounds, landscapes, flora, fauna combined): perhaps Romania, at least in Europe. Is something you can't understand until you don't visit, as it can't be found somewhere else in the world because of the unique conditions here: fertility of soil, the geographic organization - a vast territory (Transylvania) completely encircled by mountains disposed in amphiteatre, crossed by deep canyon valleys, the Danube with its colossal defile and the Delta thriving with life, all have lead to a vegetal and animal exuberance in a temperate climate that is the closest to my idea of paradise.

Some videos made in my trips (there are many other parks than those in these videos):

A potpourri with images from various regions, starting with a view toward Cozia Massif, which is a national park. At minute 1:03, the Bucegi Massif, a nature park. At 1:07, Bicaz Gorges, a national park.

Jiu Defile National Park

Iron Gates Nature Park (Danube's Canyon)

Cerna Valley National Park

Danube Delta, a biosphere Reserve, Europe's last natural sanctuary (according to Unesco's description) .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 AM

15 posts, read 21,964 times
i think Spain(iberian peninsula) might has go with those countrys.Fifteen National parks has Spain including one in Canay Islands with diversity fauna and flora such wolfs,bears,iberian lynx,imperial esgle etc living in wild conditions unique in wester Europe.also spain has the more important atlantic forest in Europe(fragas do Eume in Galicia) and autochthonous mediterranean forest.Sorry for my bad english

Old 08-03-2013, 11:02 AM

12,581 posts, read 10,014,820 times
Here is a great video capturing the beauty of 45 of Canada's National Parks.. I think the U.S has more variety than Canada in terms of landscapes - but for examples of places with jawdropping beauty - Canada is tough to beat.

Canada's National Parks (HD) - YouTube

And our crown jewels imo Banf/Jasper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-EzlU66Sy4

Gros Morne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHmsHU1zuoc

Last edited by fusion2; 08-03-2013 at 11:27 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 11:28 AM

3,719 posts, read 5,742,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I was pretty certain on where all your pics were since I've actually been to them, but of course confirmed them which you may have want to have done.

Technically, Jean Lafitte is not a National Park

here's your third one, think you would have known it isn't in California given your screen name
Valley of the Ten Peaks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Niagara Falls is a State Park...Niagara Falls State Park | Official Site

might as well be accurate if you are going to represent the US of A
Jean Lafitte is a National park, fair and square. I also don't live in California...I live in Chicago, and thank you for correcting me on Niagara falls, and your welcome for correcting you on your first post, if your going to represent the USA like me you should be more accurate.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Hmmm... I'm trying to think of another country whose national parks encompass scorching deserts, gigantic marine glaciers, lush rainforests (both tropical and temperate), volcanoes (snow-capped and otherwise, including one with a lake in its caldera), the world's tallest trees, the world's oldest trees, rivers of subtropical grass, huge expanses of tundra, the tallest mountain on its continent, the lowest point on its continent, sharp jagged mountains, soft rounded mountains, natural rock arches, and vast canyons.

I can't think of any off the top of my head. So the U.S. it is.
Yeah not one country has this, Canada is nice and all but USA just has more variety...

Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,088,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I'm back guys
My vote AMERICA

http://www.bestourism.com/img/items/...views_1408.jpg

Can this beat Finland ariete?
Just a correction cali. The above photo, that is Canada's.

This is America's....

Still beautiful, don't get me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013
Hmmm... I'm trying to think of another country whose national parks encompass scorching deserts, gigantic marine glaciers, lush rainforests (both tropical and temperate), volcanoes (snow-capped and otherwise, including one with a lake in its caldera), the world's tallest trees, the world's oldest trees, rivers of subtropical grass, huge expanses of tundra, the tallest mountain on its continent, the lowest point on its continent, sharp jagged mountains, soft rounded mountains, natural rock arches, and vast canyons.

I can't think of any off the top of my head. So the U.S. it is.

I think this is probably accurate. Although China probably has all of this, just not in parks. Canada would have a good chuck of it as well, but again, not in parks.

I think us, as North Americans, should simply be incredibly greatful that we're peaceful neighbours, and can enjoy what this great continent has to offer, at will.

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-30-2013 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - response to edited post

Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Just a correction cali. The above photo, that is Canada's.

This is America's....

Still beautiful, don't get me wrong.

I think this is probably accurate. Although China probably has all of this, just not in parks. Canada would have a good chuck of it as well, but again, not in parks.

I think us, as North Americans, should simply be incredibly greatful that we're peaceful neighbours, and can enjoy what this great continent has to offer, at will.
I guess America cant have all the good stuff...

Old 08-03-2013, 12:15 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,088,146 times
Don't worry, in another thousand years, Niagara falls will erode back far enough to be pass the border. Then we can share it. lol

Like I said, I wasn't trying to take anything away. My vote went to the US. It's undeniable.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Don't worry, in another thousand years, Niagara falls will erode back far enough to be pass the border. Then we can share it. lol

Like I said, I wasn't trying to take anything away. My vote went to the US. It's undeniable.
Hehe

Old 08-03-2013, 01:20 PM

28,439 posts, read 14,422,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
National Park - Wikipedia
What country has the best selection of national parks (in your opinion)

My favorite national park = Guilin and Lijiang River National Park in China
Pictures
I won't vote yet because i can't decide between Australia, China, United States, Brazil, Canada and India.
All large countries with diverse and beautiful landscapes.
United States. It may be old hat for those living here and having it in your back yard, but - damn!

France is up there - Massif des Ecrins is just amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or