Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 10:36 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It is Olympic National Park, three words, all capitalized. It's in the state of Washington.
I think there is also a national forest in that area near the park as well. The Olympic moniker is common in western Washington. There's the Olympic peninsula, Olympic Rainforest, Mount Olympus, Olympic Sculpture Park in Seattle and the Washington state capital is Olympia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 10:53 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Thanks for the response. I didn't mean to offend. I really didn't.
Good. Settled. The US is a scientific powerhouse, and it refines both inventions made by Europeans and Americans. And we all benefit from it.

My small country invented the modern platform for the mobile phone, created the GSM-mobile network, also a large chunk of the 4G and 5G networks. We created also the SMS and the Linux OS, and the AIV fodder injection to make the fodder of cattle more resistant and prevent all kind of agricultural diseases.

We're small, you're big. All we Western Countries go hand in hand. But we did apply some revolutionary inventions and ideas:

Finland is the #1 who implemented universal suffrage in Europe.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,215,396 times
Ariete i appreciate you love boating your country like i do, but saying crazy things like we americans are pathetic cause we have less gold medals per capita is crazy considering we have won a lot of gold medals, a ton of more medals than Finland. Also you say nobody cares about our sports in America but nobody really cares abut your country Finland...

Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
...It's easy to say that the US put the first person on the moon, and that would be the greatest achievment ever, but remember the who discovered the moon, and all the other planets. The heliosphere was dubious allready when the first colonists founded Roanoke.

My aim is not to play down the achievements USA have made, you've contributed a lot to modern society, and I could be jealous about it.
who discovered the moon?

Old 08-09-2013, 11:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
who discovered the moon?
It has been always there, but I think the Sumerians or Egyptians discovered that it circles around the earth...

Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
It has been always there, but I think the Sumerians or Egyptians discovered that it circles around the earth...
oh never mind, I thought you meant those blokes from London

Old 08-09-2013, 12:58 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
No Egyptian flag on the moon doe.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:18 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
What about:

#1 Largest Spanish-speaking country
#1 First country from the New World to deliver a pope
#1 First country to have an elected female head of state and head of government in the Western hemisphere
#1 Tourist destination in South America
#1 Highest consumption of red meat in the world
#1 In basketball (according to ranking by International Basketball Federation)

thanks for those! how could i forget the Pope thing? And i didnt know we were the first to elect a woman as head of state in western hemisphere! wow
are you sure about the basket thing? im shocked

Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No Egyptian flag on the moon doe.
There was, but it was proved to be a fake.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
thanks for those! how could i forget the Pope thing? And i didnt know we were the first to elect a woman as head of state in western hemisphere! wow
are you sure about the basket thing? im shocked
it's true, and they are ranked #1 in ice-hockey too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World