Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
^Do you ski?
Since I'm 3 years old Not being able to ski is considered an oddity around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:25 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Since I'm 3 years old Not being able to ski is considered an oddity around here.

Hahahahaha this gif.

Is skiing expensive? The resorts all seem really $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 05-20-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Hahahahaha this gif.

Is skiing expensive? The resorts all seem really $$$$$$$$$$$$$
It got quite expensive during the last couple of years. A day pass for Sölden costs €46, not including the hotel, food or anything else. But it's one of the best ski resorts in the world.

I learned to ski in Kirchschlag - where I used to live - and on Kasberg mountain nearby my grandparents place. As a kid living in town I was allowed to use the slopes in Kirchschlag for free. Kasberg costs €31 today, but probably cost less than half 10 years ago.

We usually go to Obertauern now. A student day pass costs €33 and the region is fantastic.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:39 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
My country (USA) is #1 at sending trained, armed, battle-ready troops uninvited to a distant continent across the sea to initiate tactical belligerence. It is so #1, that there hasn't even been a #2 since Cuba sent troops to Angola in the 1970s.

My country is also #1 at sending people to prison, with 1/4 of all incarcerated human beings in the world being in American jails and prisons.

In all fairness, the USA may be #1 in personal freedom to move about without needing to carry ID documents. (Most countries can require it.) The exceptions in the USA are 1) if you are in the driver's seat in a car, or 2) if you are in Arizona.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
It got quite expensive during the last couple of years. A day pass for Sölden costs €46, not including the hotel, food or anything else. But it's one of the best ski resorts in the world.

I learned to ski in Kirchschlag - where I used to live - and on Kasberg mountain nearby my grandparents place. As a kid living in town I was allowed to use the slopes in Kirchschlag for free. Kasberg costs €31 today, but probably cost less than half 10 years ago.

We usually go to Obertauern now. A student day pass costs €33 and the region is fantastic.
Lol we don't even have snow here...except in the highest mountains in winters, for like a couple of weeks.

Anyway it sounds like a really healthy sport. I mean...one doesn't get all sweaty and smelly after skiing. :P

Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Anyway it sounds like a really healthy sport. I mean...one doesn't get all sweaty and smelly after skiing. :P
Oh, there is plenty of sweat involved

Old 05-20-2015, 11:04 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,442,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Best and more varied cuisine in the world
#1 in terms of UNESCO sites, counting all artworks, churches, buildings,etc Italy is probably the richest country in the world in terms of culture and history. Curiously our mismanagement capacities have made possible being number 5 in tourism destinations rank.
#1 at having the worst press in the Western World
#1 at electing the worst politicians the Western world has ever seen
#1 at corruption in the Western world
#1 at scandals, amorality and indecency
Inventors of Mafia
Worst speakers of foreign languages
#1 at mismanaging the immigration
#1 useless language
#1 worse economy in the Western world (or one of the worst)
#1 lowest salaries in the Western world per working hour and living cost
#1/2 Best Healthcare in Europe
#1 at having the worst bureaucracy imaginable
I agree with all those points, but can I had something less depressing?

- the oldest university that nowadays is still opened is the University of Bologna, founded in 1088
- Italy is the only G8 country without a nuclear plant. We closed them all with a referendum just after the Chernobyl accident.
- as a consequence, Italy is the European country with the highest energy import List of countries by electricity imports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Italy Olympic female fencing team is the one that won the most of medals List of Olympic medalists in fencing (women) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Italy hosted the most F1 racing (because the San Marino circuit is in Italy, and not in San Marino. So in practice we host 2 races every year) List of Formula One Grands Prix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- the Ferrari is the constructor that won the most races in F1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._(constructors)
- the two pilots that won the most motoGP championship are Italian ( Giacomo Agostini and Valentino Rossi) List of Grand Prix motorcycle racing World champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- That's is just an impression, but I think that we could be the most obsessed about our own food.
-We are the country with the most PGI (protected geographical indication) and PDO (protected designation of origin) in Europe. List of Italian products with protected designation of origin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is probably an indicator of how much meticulous we are about how our food must be prepared (because meatballs on spaghetti are not Italian food!)

It is probably enough for now...

Old 05-20-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Oh, there is plenty of sweat involved
Lol really. I had no idea. I assumed that since there's plenty of snow involved, there wouldn't be any sweat involved lol.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:08 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,327 times
Football (sometimes)
Organs donation.
Tourism
Olive oil production.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:43 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Indoor marijuana growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World