Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the USA the most beautiful country in the world?
Yes 37 30.58%
No 84 69.42%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:06 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And for giggles you'd have to include the fact there's still some places within Canada's borders and in some other countries no one has even seen yet. So that most beautiful place might still be waiting to be discovered.
That's Canada's problem. People can't even get to our really speacial parts, even our national parks. So the photos are hard to find.

People have walked all over every inch of America with a camera.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM

9,572 posts, read 20,733,967 times
You can't measure beauty. Personally I think China has even more amazing/spectacular scenery than the US.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:09 PM

263 posts, read 807,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
It's still a remarkable place. I find Australia more dull considering it's almost as big as the US.
Everybody has a different perspective. Somebody from a country that's about 70% desert might find the US to be pretty amazing. On the other hand, someone who comes from a country like Chile for example might find the US to be mostly unimpressive.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:09 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Awe what? Americans arent allowed to think their own country is the most beautiful?
I don't think he thinks the OP has travelled much. In thinking so, his username doesn't work.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:11 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
You can't measure beauty. Personally I think China has even more amazing/spectacular scenery than the US.
You certainly can't. It's also extremely subjective. This topic had great potential, until the OP decided that this topic was to convince people that the US is the most beautiful, everyone else be damned.

I personally find the deserts of Namibia and the Sahara to be the most spectacular places in the world, with Japan's Seto Inland Sea being third. This is judging by photos, anyway. I haven't been to either place.....yet

Old 10-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Awe what? Americans arent allowed to think their own country is the most beautiful?
I don't take issue with your delusional opinions. But rather with completely inaccurate and misinformed posts. To say that S.Florida is more varied than countries like Cuba, the DR, and PR is really stupid.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
I agree, along with China and India it's probably one of the most diverse in landscape. I don't think of that as being 'most beautiful', though, although the US certainly has areas that are as beautiful as anywhere. It's subjective. Some find deserts ugly, some find them beautiful. I can think of little you can find in the US you can't find elsewhere in the world though. You want mountains? Try the Himalayas, Andes.etc. Deserts, ditto.
Yeah; from previously spending years wandering throughout the areas of southwestern AZ you can call most of it desert but that doesn't describe the variations of desert within the area. Around Yuma for instance you have what is arguably the worlds biggest and ugliest gravel pit called a desert while just a scant half hour drive west to the Imperial Sand Dunes and you'll see the classice beautiful rolling golden dunes stretching for miles.

When one considers the previously mentioned 'ugly' desert comprised of what would be disdainfully called pit-run (the crap left over from crushing stones into various grades of gravel) from any operating gravel pit, one also has to consider a wet year bringing out the desert blossoms in full bloom and you would not believe the transformation that takes place to that ugly barren wasteland when it breaks out in full purple, white, red splendour.

Subjectivity also has to have the various seasons added into the equation.

If any of you had ever ridden one of the scenic cars of a Canadian Pacific or Canadian National train through the Roger's Pass area of British Columbia's Mountain Range during a hard winter's mid-night and experienced the northern lights with a full moon reflecting off all the snow laden evergreens and mountain slopes, well...

Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,018,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
I don't take issue with your delusional opinions. But rather with completely inaccurate and misinformed posts. To say that S.Florida is more varied than countries like Cuba, the DR, and PR is pretty stupid.
Puerto Rico is stunning. Nowhere in Florida even comes close. Sorry.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:17 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,520,563 times
I think my personal top tier is Mexico, Colombia, Turkey, Chile, and China. I have an especially big boner for Turkey right now.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
Puerto Rico is stunning. Nowhere in Florida even comes close. Sorry.
Exactly. The fact that an American wouldn't know about this island is pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.