Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the USA the most beautiful country in the world?
Yes 37 30.58%
No 84 69.42%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Awwwww...

I knew you would say that lol

I think China would knock America out of the ball park in terms of sheer beauty.

Happy now?
That is fair, yes I agree China has some very beautiful landscapes. Easily as diverse as America. They don't have an arctic enviornment but no one wants that anyway.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Oh yes by far.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
The drive from Miami to Key West is one of the most beautiful in this whole world and there is not a single mountain involved. And give examples of your prettier mountains. America is one of the very few countries in the world that actually has two different types of mountains to experience. The mountains out west are completely different from the Appalachian mountains and both offer unique beauty.
Dude, no. The USA is not unique for having two different mountain chains. Like wtf, lots of countries have at least two. And I disagree about any of Florida qualifying as a unique tropical experience. That peninsula technically doesn't even reach the tropic zone.

And can someone define the beauty? Physical/visual? Cultural? A combination?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
South Florida, which is just a hundred miles across offers more diversity in landscape than countries of comparably bigger size, such as Cuba, Dominican Republic, the Bahamas or Puerto Rico.
i think it's pretty clear you haven't been to any of those places. or you are simply being dishonest.

Quote:
As for our cities, with the exception of Europe ours are the prettiest. Most cities in the world that have "history" also have sprawling slums all around that history.
even slums are more pleasing to look at than endless strip malls. US cities are almost never beautiful.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:23 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
That is fair, yes I agree China has some very beautiful landscapes. Easily as diverse as America. They don't have an arctic enviornment but no one wants that anyway.
I beg to differ. Ask an Alaskan where they'd rather live: Lower 48, or Alaska. Or the bush pilots and other citizens of northern Canada. They're quite happy to be there. Or people that live in Greenland, etc, etc.

I bet China has environments comparable to where most people in Alaska live as well.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:24 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i think it's pretty clear you haven't been to any of those places. or you are simply being dishonest.

even slums are more pleasing to look at than endless strip malls. US cities are almost never beautiful.
I was definitely born in 1987 in Naples, Fl. I know South Florida like the back of my hand. Even the most scenic places to take boats out to that tourists are not aware of I know of. You live in Bangkok! Have YOU ever been to South Florida?

http://images.nationalgeographic.com...26_600x450.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/floridatrend...ruise-port.jpg

http://www.coolestspringbreak.com/im...each-ariel.jpg

Old 10-06-2013, 06:27 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Was this started to fan the flames?

Anyway, the USA certainly is a stunningly beautiful place. However what's "the most beautiful" is highly HIGHLY subjective because it depends on ones taste. Some people find the Australian outback beautiful. I personally hate arid landscapes so not to me.

when I think of beautiful places around the world I think; the USA, China, Norway, Mexico, New Zealand, Canada and others not coming to me a the moment.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Dude, no. The USA is not unique for having two different mountain chains. Like wtf, lots of countries have at least two. And I disagree about any of Florida qualifying as a unique tropical experience. That peninsula technically doesn't even reach the tropic zone.

And can someone define the beauty? Physical/visual? Cultural? A combination?
The USA actually has about 6 different mountain ranges but still, you are right. Lot's of other countries have several as well. Russia says hi.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
I wouldn't say it is the most beautiful, but it is definitely in the top 10 with China, India, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Norway, and Switzerland...

Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Was this started to fan the flames?

Anyway, the USA certainly is a stunningly beautiful place. However what's "the most beautiful" is highly HIGHLY subjective because it depends on ones taste. Some people find the Australian outback beautiful. I personally hate arid landscapes so not to me.

when I think of beautiful places around the world I think; the USA, China, Norway, Mexico, New Zealand, Canada and others not coming to me a the moment.

Aren't they always?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World