Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Continent in the World
Europe 102 31.29%
Asia 59 18.10%
Australia/Oceania 17 5.21%
North Amerca 106 32.52%
South America 45 13.80%
Africa 45 13.80%
Antarctica 15 4.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I don't really find it difficult to put it all into context and my choices wouldn't be limited to random odds being pulled out of an envelope either. If I were to decide on a beach Australia/Oceania would be an immediate choice for me. If I decide on mountains and mu choice were Nepal/Bhutan or the Andes I'd have to ponder over it because they are so different.

Also if I were running around the Andes with a camera it would be hard not to integrate culture in with the shots in places like Machu Picchu, the mystery that surrounds it just adds to the beauty of it all. I think the variety of colorful mountain terrain that exists from Cuzco to Puerto Arenas to the beaches of Rio may determine how I may view the most beautiful continent.
I think you missed the point. If you took photos of things that are not related or influenced by humanity or culture, you would become very confused and any person would probably not recognize most landmarks without human development as a marker, probably. This is what I meant earlier. I could post a photo of the Swiss Alps and say it is the Himalayas, I could post a photo of the Apps and say it's somewhere in the Andes. I could pass Mexico's Pacific coast as part of Australia. Y'know?

Outside of the cities category, it's a total toss up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 09:14 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I think you missed the point. If you took photos of things that are not related or influenced by humanity or culture, you would become very confused and any person would probably not recognize most landmarks without human development as a marker, probably. This is what I meant earlier. I could post a photo of the Swiss Alps and say it is the Himalayas, I could post a photo of the Apps and say it's somewhere in the Andes. I could pass Mexico's Pacific coast as part of Australia. Y'know?

Outside of the cities category, it's a total toss up.
I think more or less these are hypothetical scenarios with limitations that you are presenting here. I'm just not thinking that way, just not how I see the world. I find a wider range of beauty in terms of all the sensory aspects and experiences, not just what's seen in a photo, Y'know?

I don't find it a total toss up in terms of comparing the deserts of the American Southwest compared to Sahara as each has several defining features to ponder. Also places like Switzerland or the Himalayas don't have coastal mountain ranges like say Chile. I see a lot of differences, well because I'm thinking differently than you are.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 10-20-2013 at 09:29 PM..

Old 10-20-2013, 09:24 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
I think in general that by the time you are talking about where mountauns are in relation to the ocean, it's more of just a variatiable than a drastic difference in beauty. Obviously I can't tell you that you're not allowed to have an opinion about which continent is the most beautiful, I just think it's a bit silly and most features exist on every single one of them anyways.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I think in general that by the time you are talking about where mountauns are in relation to the ocean, it's more of just a variatiable than a drastic difference in beauty. Obviously I can't tell you that you're not allowed to have an opinion about which continent is the most beautiful, I just think it's a bit silly and most features exist on every single one of them anyways.
OK, but I can see variable differences in the features that exist in each one of them. Silly thread carry on......

Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
Splitting South America and North America

Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
-Best looking cities: Europe and North America
-Best Mountains: North America & South America
-Best beaches & coastlines: North America , South America and South East Asia
-Best Deserts:North America
-Best rainforest/jungle: South America
-Best Polar/Subpolar regions (Arctic/Patagonia etc): ?
-Most unique or unusual landscapes:Asia

And then rate.....

-Best overall - Most beautiful continent. Both North And South America!!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:35 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
-Best looking cities: Europe.
-Best Mountains: Very tied, maybe some advantage for Asia.
-Best beaches & coastlines: Asia.
-Best Deserts: Africa & South America.
-Best rainforest/jungle: Asia & South America.
-Best Polar/Subpolar regions (Arctic/Patagonia etc): Polar: Asia. Subpolar: North & South America
-Most unique or unusual landscapes: .....

- Best overall: Americas, the real America !

Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
You can't split something that is already split...

Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
Well then my vote would go to that other well known "continent" - Eurasiafrica.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Well then my vote would go to that other well known "continent" - Eurasiafrica.
Afroeurasia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World