U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Beautiful Continent in the World
Europe 90 32.26%
Asia 50 17.92%
Australia/Oceania 14 5.02%
North Amerca 89 31.90%
South America 41 14.70%
Africa 39 13.98%
Antarctica 15 5.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 01:54 AM

165 posts, read 144,164 times

Advertisements

It's not bias, it's a personal preference for what someone thinks is the most beautiful continent. For me personally, I too have to go with North America.

Quite a few countries are in North America besides just America and Canada. From the beautiful tropical areas, to lakes, rivers, farm land, rolling hills, desert, mountains, etc... There is everything from white sandy beaches to polar bear country, and everything in-between.

It is truly a beautiful continent. Then again, I'm pretty impressed with every continent. The beauty on all of them is just amazing. We really do have a beautiful planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 AM

1,656 posts, read 1,054,091 times
Yeah. the reason North America and Europe lead this, is because most of the members of this forum are from these two contintents.
Don't get me wrong they have lots of beautiful areas , but so have the other continents most people here just know less about them.

Asia comes first for me, it is the biggest continent, has the best mountains,most cultures, and the biggest number of unique landscape.
The Tianzi Mountains

40 Places You Must See Before You Die (PICS)

Beautiful Tianzi Mountains, China: Looks Just Like the Movie Avatar (PHOTOS) : Places : BOOMSbeat

Zahngye Danxia Landform

Li River

Petra, Jordan

Halong Bay

Tour Hanoi - Halong Bay Muslim Tours, Hanoi - Halong Muslim Tour Pacakges

Halong Bay Travel News & Events

Pamukkale

Rice Terrace Fields in Vietnam

Hang Son Doong

Unbelievable Cave of Vietnam- Hang Son Doong | The Best Daily Posts

Karakoram

HUNZA NAGAR: Rakaposhi Peak

HUNZA NAGAR: Rakaposhi Peak

Baltoro Trek, Karakoram, Pakistan pics

Gandhara Trails

Лучше гор могут быть только горы, на которых еще не бывал #17 » MegaLife - бесплатно скачать игры, софт, музыку, обои и все для кибер простора.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:17 AM

10,293 posts, read 11,714,448 times
-Best looking cities: 1.North America, 2.Europe
-Best Mountains: 1.Asia, 2.South America
-Best beaches & coastlines: 1.Oceania, 2.Asia
-Best Deserts: 1.Africa, 2.Asia
-Best rainforest/jungle: 1.South America, 2.Asia
-Best Polar/Subpolar regions (Arctic/Patagonia etc): 1.Antartica, 2.South America
-Most unique or unusual landscapes: 1.Asia, 2.North America

-Overall: 1.Asia, 2.North America, 3.South America, 4.Europe, 5.Oceania, 6.Antartica

Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,442,582 times
Asia for me.. most diverse and wins this no contest

Old 08-05-2014, 11:48 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,582,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
It's not bias, it's a personal preference for what someone thinks is the most beautiful continent. For me personally, I too have to go with North America.

Quite a few countries are in North America besides just America and Canada. From the beautiful tropical areas, to lakes, rivers, farm land, rolling hills, desert, mountains, etc... There is everything from white sandy beaches to polar bear country, and everything in-between.

It is truly a beautiful continent. Then again, I'm pretty impressed with every continent. The beauty on all of them is just amazing. We really do have a beautiful planet.
The problem is that a lot of people voting really don't know much about the landscapes of the world, and choose based in popular postcards they have in their minds.

For example, the common people know this place (ayers rock):

http://www.apollocamper.com/car-hire...k-airport.aspx

But how many of them know this place, impressive also? (cono de arita, Argentina):

http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagene...solo-pais.html

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/94152519

Yeah, not many...

Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Marlaver: The pictures were really beautiful. Again, it comes down to personal preference though, and to me personally it is, North America. It is made up of 23 countries,(and other territories) which includes the Caribbean, Greenland, US (50 states including Alaska, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, etc..) Canada, Mexico, etc...

So it's not out of ignorance that I've chosen, North America. I just love the natural beauty of it. I think the other continents are beautiful too though. It's just my personal preference just as some prefer Europe or Africa or Asia. The pic's really are beautiful though.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:10 PM

2,081 posts, read 1,582,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
Marlaver: The pictures were really beautiful. Again, it comes down to personal preference though, and to me personally it is, North America. It is made up of 23 countries,(and other territories) which includes the Caribbean, Greenland, US (50 states including Alaska, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, etc..) Canada, Mexico, etc...

So it's not out of ignorance that I've chosen, North America. I just love the natural beauty of it. I think the other continents are beautiful too though. It's just my personal preference just as some prefer Europe or Africa or Asia. The pic's really are beautiful though.
Still i don't understand why they split Americas in two, when there aren't solid socio-historical reasons (the only non arbtirary criteria since nobody uses tectonics placs criteria) to do it. IMO the actual anglo-lobbied division is purely arbitrary and almost childish.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,442,582 times
I think that Asia definitely has the widest range of beautiful landscapes.. also many deserted unknown areas..

Old 08-05-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
Still i don't understand why they split Americas in two, when there aren't solid socio-historical reasons (the only non arbtirary criteria since nobody uses tectonics placs criteria) to do it. IMO the actual anglo-lobbied division is purely arbitrary and almost childish.
I don't think 'anglo' anything enters into the equation. If that was the case a lot of countries wouldn't be part of North America. I think truthfully it was done because there was two continents and a thin strip between them.

Look at Europe. Look at how it is with Asia. It's just the way it was done. North and South America makes sense if you look at it on a map. It's really two completely different land masses separated even further by a long strip of land.

Like I said, I don't think that the 'anglo' factor has anything to do with it at all. There are way too many countries that would have been excluded from North America, if that was in any way a factor at all.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:09 PM

12,096 posts, read 9,626,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
I think the people mistook the poll as "what continent are you from?" or something (how is North America winning over Africa and South America?). I sense some kind of bias in here. Anyway...

-Best looking cities: Athens, Paris, Dubai, Sydney, Hong Kong, Venice, Naples
-Best Mountains: New Zealand
-Best beaches & coastlines: Australia
-Best Deserts: North Africa & Australia
-Best rainforest/jungle: South America (Brazil)
-Best Polar/Subpolar regions (Arctic/Patagonia etc): Don't really care about those
-Most unique or unusual landscapes: Australia's Ayer's rock & China's mountains and forests

Yeah, and we don't sense any bias in your post at all picking NZ and Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or