Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: List of Countries with Best Music
France 3 3.09%
New Zealand 1 1.03%
Brazil 3 3.09%
Mexico 0 0%
USA 37 38.14%
Japan 1 1.03%
S. Korea 2 2.06%
Australia 0 0%
Norway 0 0%
UK 33 34.02%
Canada 3 3.09%
Germany 2 2.06%
Ireland 1 1.03%
Italy 2 2.06%
Spain 3 3.09%
Netherlands 0 0%
Russia 1 1.03%
Ukraine 1 1.03%
Sweden 4 4.12%
Denmark 0 0%
India 0 0%
Nepal 0 0%
Thailand 0 0%
Egypt 0 0%
Turkey 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 AM

85 posts, read 154,239 times

Advertisements

Poll doesn't include Finland so i won't vote. Anyone guess what type of music i like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 04:50 AM

484 posts, read 1,286,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
Poll doesn't include Finland so i won't vote. Anyone guess what type of music i like?

Finnish Folk Music?

Old 11-21-2013, 05:14 AM

85 posts, read 154,239 times
haha sure why not

Old 11-21-2013, 02:40 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fruit View Post
I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'll name some

Robyn
Lykke Li
Miike Snow
Little Dragon
Kate Boy
Ace of Base
The Cardigans
The Hives
Mando Diao
the Knife
Swedish house Mafia
Neneh Cherry
Eagle-eye Cherry
Eric Prydz

and that just the artists on my Ipod.
did not know that about Eagle-eye Cherry

also, one of my favorite singers of all time...

Swedish chef SINGING!!!! - YouTube

Old 11-21-2013, 02:56 PM

242 posts, read 368,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, really? Who's ever heard of Sweden in the music realm, aside from ABBA? And Denmark?! wtf? South Africa and Congo are giants in the music world! Not to mention Cuba. Your poll is seriously White People-centric here, OP! BO-ringgg! Polyrhythms are where it's at!

Paul Simon: Township jive, zimbabwe 1987 | graceland - YouTube
Hahahahahaha, yep today on the radio station, Kiss FM LA, one of the top radio stations in the world full of the top main stream music they played a song from Congo, then they played a song from Nepal and they played this new joint from Kenya.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM

242 posts, read 368,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
It's your poll, sucka... I'm not the one who found Nepal and Norway relevant enough to put on a poll of best countries for music when there's plenty of more worthy countries around the world---you couldn't name one Caribbean or African nation? Cuba? Jamaica?

Maybe the problem is that some of us just have broader tastes than Top 40 or Eurovision, so the poll seems limited...
Please I won the schools geography bee, 1st place, even though I felt embarrass to attend it since it was considered nerdy, I still did it. Just because I am American doesn't mean I don't know about other countries. This isn't what this is about, this is about countries with the best music, I am talking about bands like the Beatles and the Police. I'm not talking about lol tribe music, music that's only popular in 1 country, I am talking music that people on this forum would know about, that's great you like African music whatever, but most people don't know about.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:26 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
Please I won the schools geography bee, 1st place, even though I felt embarrass to attend it since it was considered nerdy, I still did it. Just because I am American doesn't mean I don't know about other countries. This isn't what this is about, this is about countries with the best music, I am talking about bands like the Beatles and the Police. I'm not talking about lol tribe music, music that's only popular in 1 country, I am talking music that people on this forum would know about, that's great you like African music whatever, but most people don't know about.
Yes, no one has ever heard of reggae music or salsa... I don't know what I was thinking. Those must be some weird music styles only heard in some third world shanty towns...

Congratulations on winning your fourth grade geography bee!

Old 11-21-2013, 04:44 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,906 times
Quote:
I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'll name some

Robyn
Lykke Li
Miike Snow
Little Dragon
Kate Boy
Ace of Base
The Cardigans
The Hives
Mando Diao
the Knife
Swedish house Mafia
Neneh Cherry
Eagle-eye Cherry
Eric Prydz

and that just the artists on my Ipod.
Amon Amarth, Ghost, Entombed, Tiamat...

Old 11-21-2013, 06:48 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,215,494 times
Quote:
Finnish Folk Music?
Personally, rock/blues/country are my genres but sure Folk-musik also when two beutiful ladies are singing and playing it

Kuunkuiskaajat - Työlki ellää (Juhannusjuna 2012) - YouTube

And if not like folk-music,turn it to disco genre

Kuunkuiskaajat - Työlki ellää - disco-remix - YouTube

Old 11-22-2013, 01:53 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync3 View Post
"Most people" = most people in the US. That's largely because the US entertainment industry is monolithic, and tends to block out film and music from other parts of the world. Southern African, Congolese and West African music are popular in England and France, especially (where some of the most well-known groups live), but also in Russia to some extent, and parts of Latin America. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean others haven't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World