U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 PM
 
5,762 posts, read 9,492,490 times
Reputation: 2944

Advertisements

If Countries Were People, Humanization of Nations

China: Smart entrepreneurial business person, getting more wealthy and successful, seems serious at first, yet wants to strike up an easygoing pleasant conversation, usually looks like a human panda bear

Russia: Extremely eccentric, yet charming, and dynamic personality, crazy hot lady off limits to anyone not Russian, or Eastern Slavic

France: Not snobby or arrogant at all in reality, more modest, and humble than expected, open to exploring the entire world in an adventure, looks more plain than expected, not so classy, yet attractive personality, Amelie anyone?


Peru: Quiet, usually reserved, introverted, especially compared to other Spanish speaking nations, mystical mixed Mestizo older lady wearing an Andes hat and spying on us on a crystal globe.

South Korea: Works hard, play hard, workaholic, yet casual, wants to get to know you on a superficial level, pragmatic, yet needs a break from responsible practical affairs

Sweden: Not nearly as perfectionist as claimed, increasingly slouchy tendencies, more corrupted than expected, yet tries to maintain a façade of overly simple bliss, plainer than expected, don’t mention she is blonde because she already knows she is a smart version of blonde.


Thailand: Difficult to get to know deep inside, Asian princess Queen, yet quite poor for a Queen, occasionally obsessed about food, and wanting to make good food for you, has a wild side even when people don’t know initially, should care more about school, and work outside of a restaurant, good sense of humor, and serious, opens up once you get to know her very well

Australia: Outgoing, seems extremely British at first. However, another personality altogether separate from British once people are around an Australian more a longer time. Extroverted, yet some introverted moments. A human version of a Koala Bear, or a friendly crab. gentle, calm, feisty, and bold.

Switzerland: Speaks many languages, doesn’t look too blonde, has lots of money, drives an extremely nice Swiss Car, Loves Science, and Mountains


Singapore: Ultra wealthy and successful. Although, he or she gets stressed out from work. Spiritual, secular, and pragmatic. Doesn’t want too much attention from other people when there is enough company around.

Netherlands: Loves techno, marijuana drugs, sometimes knows even more languages than Swiss, wants some cosmopolitan multicultural action, smart enough to make nice airplanes, and wants to travel all over the World. Open and closed up, friendly enough, yet detached, Benelux Germanic Western EU fake Danish Scandinavian.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 12-29-2014 at 08:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2014, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Top of the South (Motueka), NZ
14,478 posts, read 10,526,429 times
Reputation: 4615
Vatican City: Perky and upbeat, with an impish yet solemn outlook on life.

Monaco: The town drunk, angry and belligerent. Always ready to smash someone's face in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2014, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Perth, Western Australia
3,061 posts, read 3,073,577 times
Reputation: 2117
USA: the school "jock" that is seemingly popular but most secretly dislike.
France: the closeted gay everyone knows is gay.
UK: the ex-wife of France.
Japan: the kooky techno-whiz.
North Korea: the social outcast that screams obscenities to random people on the train.
Singapore: a paranoid workaholic that cooks well.
Israel: traumatised orphaned child who suffers from PTSD.
Australia: attention hungry teen who rarely talks to his neighbours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Portsmouth, UK/Swanage, UK
2,178 posts, read 1,598,427 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
USA: the school "jock" that is seemingly popular but most secretly dislike.
France: the closeted gay everyone knows is gay.
UK: the ex-wife of France.
Japan: the kooky techno-whiz.
North Korea: the social outcast that screams obscenities to random people on the train.
Singapore: a paranoid workaholic that cooks well.
Israel: traumatised orphaned child who suffers from PTSD.
Australia: attention hungry teen who rarely talks to his neighbours.
We are no ex-wife of that Frog thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
1,732 posts, read 1,086,602 times
Reputation: 1185
Canada: Chubby twenty-something hipster who thinks he's more charming and relevant than he really is. Gets really upset when he is reminded of this. Drinks and smokes marijuana during hibernation months, and thinks the televised NHL draft results can be influenced by screaming louder at the tv.

USA: Canada's unintentional nemesis. Chubby twenty-something hipster who wears cargo pants and birks and thinks he's more charming and relevant than he really is, but is impervious to criticism, so doesn't care. Drinks more, and thinks the televised NFL draft results can be influenced by screaming louder at the tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 02:40 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
14,615 posts, read 15,601,407 times
Reputation: 8728
They drink Marijuana up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 02:40 PM
 
2,780 posts, read 2,763,637 times
Reputation: 4071
USA: The fat bully
Canada: Fat bully's very embarrassed brother
UK: Fat bully's spineless father
France: Fat bully's cousin who doesn't really like him but still grudgingly accepts him as family
Australia: Fat bully's long-lost sister who tries to keep him at arm's length
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 05:33 PM
 
228 posts, read 459,498 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
...Switzerland: Speaks many languages, doesn’t look too blonde, has lots of money, drives an extremely nice Swiss Car, Loves Science, and Mountains...
Swiss car? Is there such a thing (unless you're referring to custom-made ones)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2015, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
9,759 posts, read 5,705,122 times
Reputation: 4749
Kuwait - Rich, spoiled person who has it all and would also rely on welfare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2015, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Finland
1,401 posts, read 1,000,129 times
Reputation: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
If Countries Were People, Humanization of Nations

China: Smart entrepreneurial business person, getting more wealthy and successful, seems serious at first, yet wants to strike up an easygoing pleasant conversation, usually looks like a human panda bear

Russia: Extremely eccentric, yet charming, and dynamic personality, crazy hot lady off limits to anyone not Russian, or Eastern Slavic

France: Not snobby or arrogant at all in reality, more modest, and humble than expected, open to exploring the entire world in an adventure, looks more plain than expected, not so classy, yet attractive personality, Amelie anyone?


Peru: Quiet, usually reserved, introverted, especially compared to other Spanish speaking nations, mystical mixed Mestizo older lady wearing an Andes hat and spying on us on a crystal globe.

South Korea: Works hard, play hard, workaholic, yet casual, wants to get to know you on a superficial level, pragmatic, yet needs a break from responsible practical affairs

Sweden: Not nearly as perfectionist as claimed, increasingly slouchy tendencies, more corrupted than expected, yet tries to maintain a façade of overly simple bliss, plainer than expected, don’t mention she is blonde because she already knows she is a smart version of blonde.


Thailand: Difficult to get to know deep inside, Asian princess Queen, yet quite poor for a Queen, occasionally obsessed about food, and wanting to make good food for you, has a wild side even when people don’t know initially, should care more about school, and work outside of a restaurant, good sense of humor, and serious, opens up once you get to know her very well

Australia: Outgoing, seems extremely British at first. However, another personality altogether separate from British once people are around an Australian more a longer time. Extroverted, yet some introverted moments. A human version of a Koala Bear, or a friendly crab. gentle, calm, feisty, and bold.

Switzerland: Speaks many languages, doesn’t look too blonde, has lots of money, drives an extremely nice Swiss Car, Loves Science, and Mountains


Singapore: Ultra wealthy and successful. Although, he or she gets stressed out from work. Spiritual, secular, and pragmatic. Doesn’t want too much attention from other people when there is enough company around.

Netherlands: Loves techno, marijuana drugs, sometimes knows even more languages than Swiss, wants some cosmopolitan multicultural action, smart enough to make nice airplanes, and wants to travel all over the World. Open and closed up, friendly enough, yet detached, Benelux Germanic Western EU fake Danish Scandinavian.
Otherwise good, but china is completely wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top