U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2013, 04:03 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,379,120 times
Reputation: 209

Advertisements

I really have no idea. Anybody who has traveled throughout Latin America or knows about any places, please tell me.

I hear that Monterrey, Mexico and Medellin, Colombia, as well as Bogota the capital of Colombia would rank really high among the top 5.

Medellin - The Monotone City; The Truth About Living in Medellin, Colombia - Maverick Traveler

and this

http://www.mavericktraveler.com/burn...living/http://

This is why I mentioned Medellin and Colombia. Haven't been to Colombia or anywhere in South America. I've been through Monterrey for a bit, but I wasn't there for too long. I want to see what people have to say about LA, and especially for the people who've traveled throughout the region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2013, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Auburn, New York
1,775 posts, read 2,273,903 times
Reputation: 2869
You could also add La Plata, Argentina to your list.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 04:38 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,379,120 times
Reputation: 209
wow very organized. Though yeah all the buildings look the same. The buildings in Medellin are mostly colors like white, brown, yellow and grey...I saw more variety in Monterrey than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 04:40 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,379,120 times
Reputation: 209
Medellin - The Monotone City; The Truth About Living in Medellin, Colombia - Maverick Traveler

I don't know if you saw this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Status: "BUILD WALL; DEPORT ILLEGLES" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: NYntarctica
11,186 posts, read 5,516,688 times
Reputation: 4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
You could also add La Plata, Argentina to your list.
Wow looks like the Spanish version of Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, QC, Canada
3,403 posts, read 4,147,865 times
Reputation: 4396
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
I really have no idea. Anybody who has traveled throughout Latin America or knows about any places, please tell me.

I hear that Monterrey, Mexico and Medellin, Colombia, as well as Bogota the capital of Colombia would rank really high among the top 5.

Medellin - The Monotone City; The Truth About Living in Medellin, Colombia - Maverick Traveler

and this

http://www.mavericktraveler.com/burn...living/http://

This is why I mentioned Medellin and Colombia. Haven't been to Colombia or anywhere in South America. I've been through Monterrey for a bit, but I wasn't there for too long. I want to see what people have to say about LA, and especially for the people who've traveled throughout the region.
I have a hard time believing anywhere in Colombia could be boring, especially its second city. Also, that article is inactive now, but I refuse to to consider the opinion of anyone who has a section about masculinity on their travel blog.

Maybe Managua? A lot if it doesn't even have street names, it's been leveled by earthquakes. I think it kind of gave up on itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 09:11 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,379,120 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I have a hard time believing anywhere in Colombia could be boring, especially its second city. Also, that article is inactive now, but I refuse to to consider the opinion of anyone who has a section about masculinity on their travel blog.

Maybe Managua? A lot if it doesn't even have street names, it's been leveled by earthquakes. I think it kind of gave up on itself.
Let me sum this up for you.
He says he really dislikes Medellin for it's lack of charm and soul. It's clean, organized and very developed for a Latin American city. However, it's residential buildings (and other buildings) look all the same and are the same color.

Medellin people, though very proper and polite, are very proud people, stuck up, reserved, unfriendly, uninterested in other cultures or countries.

Again, this is a summary of what he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 05:02 PM
 
11 posts, read 16,414 times
Reputation: 17
I live in Bogota, Colombia- And I don't find it boring. Although living is always different than just visiting- Bogota certainly isn't the greatest city to visit because the weather is not the best, the city is very big (and public transport sucks) and there aren't soooo many sights. Medellin is nice- But if you go to Colombia I would recommend Cartagena if you wanna go to a city. I prefer the nature side of Colombia though, which is one of the most amazing I've ever seen. Beautiful beaches, forests etc. Let me tell you some names- Tayrona, La Guajira, Ciudad Perdida and El Choco (And Providencia if you wanna go to an island).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 05:44 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,379,120 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfalla88 View Post
I live in Bogota, Colombia- And I don't find it boring. Although living is always different than just visiting- Bogota certainly isn't the greatest city to visit because the weather is not the best, the city is very big (and public transport sucks) and there aren't soooo many sights. Medellin is nice- But if you go to Colombia I would recommend Cartagena if you wanna go to a city. I prefer the nature side of Colombia though, which is one of the most amazing I've ever seen. Beautiful beaches, forests etc. Let me tell you some names- Tayrona, La Guajira, Ciudad Perdida and El Choco (And Providencia if you wanna go to an island).
I would like to go to a beach like somewhere tropical. =)

I heard Villa de Leyva is also very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 05:47 PM
 
11 posts, read 16,414 times
Reputation: 17
Villa de Leyva is really pretty, but it's small, so not soooo much to see.
The nicest beaches I've seen in Colombia are Tayrona (close to Santa Marta) and Providencia, both really amazing... or beaches in La Guajira, they aren't really tropical (it's more desert like) but there are basically no people at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top