Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 05:30 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,781,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
US and allies overthrew the Ba'athist dictatorship (which was huge threat to the world) .
... and now the country is run by an ineffectual, US-backed consortium of lackeys with a bunch of psychotic militants vying for increased power.

Quote:
We don't go around hijacking airplanes, killing innocent people, bombing the public transportation systems and setting up car bombs in (for example) Russia because we don't agree with there government/culture .
Neither did the Iraqis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 05:33 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
But innocent people are getting killed in the middle East too doesn't that matter? Are their lives lesser than ours in the west? Do you really think the war in the middle east is justified? Shouldn't the west just mind its own business?
Why are you so brainwashed? Not all Arabians are terrorist... Wouldn't you be angry if another country decided to rage war on america for 10 years and kill your neighbour, your mother and countless others and justify it as helping? Wouldn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
The U.S took the lead role in the overthrow of Saddam Hussein and his government.. If it didn't the war would simply have not happened. The threat of Iraq's WMD were wild overstated and Hans Blix made this very clear to the world but the U.S and its allies (Namely Britain) paid no mind. Ultimately Blix would be proven correct.

You say the U.S does not engage in the killing of innocent people - how many innocent Iraqi's lost their lives as a result of the 2003 War and subsequent years of the invasion? 128,000!! Your words are of little comfort or meaning to those dead and their families.
Innocent people tend to die in warzones, experts in the west know this and try their hardest to develop technology to lower the number of innocent death's in wars.

No not all Muslims are bad people, we are talking about terrorist in general.
I would not be happy if the US government supports and aids a hypothetical domestic terrorist group that creates havoc in other nations because they don't agree with their government/culture.
If we did i and you all know the CIA/Homeland Security/US Marshals and local police departments would take them down.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,336,870 times
Quote:
Innocent people tend to die in warzones, experts in the west know this and try their hardest to develop technology to lower the number of innocent death's in wars.

No not all Muslims are bad people, we are talking about terrorist in general.
I would not be happy if the US government supports and aids a hypothetical domestic terrorist group that creates havoc in other nations because they don't agree with their government/culture.
If we did i and you all know the CIA/Homeland Security/US Marshals and local police departments would take them down.
In your opinion what do you think the war is for exactly. Whom is it for?

Old 12-31-2013, 05:39 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,751,974 times
Quote:

You are so cavalier about it... kind of like Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were.... Why did this war have to happen? It simply didn't - Saddam Hussein was proven to be of NO threat to the U.S.. If anything Iraq is more of a breeding ground for terrorism now than in the past because it has created a whole generation that HATES the U.S for war crimes. I also stand corrected on my own quote of 128K - it's closer to half million

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4102855.html

Old 12-31-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
In your opinion what do you think the war is for exactly. Whom is it for?
War on Terror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
It was typically used with a particular focus on countries supporting militant Islamists, including al-Qaeda and similar organizations.
Do i support us wasting all this energy on limiting terrorist threats from abroad ? (when stasticially we are probably more likely to get killed by a drunk driver than a terrorist attack) NO. and we did pull the majority of our troops from Iraq and plan to do so in Afghanistan. Still don't hope we don't get into the mindset that *if we ignore the bad guys, they will leave us alone!*

Old 12-31-2013, 05:57 PM

16,573 posts, read 27,285,010 times
Quote:
So no one "villanized" McVeigh and Lanza?
Nice try. No one villianized the entire group they belonged to. Come on, at least pretend to be smarter than that.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My husband and I live in the suburbs in East Texas. When we visit foreign countries, we don't act at all like your "suburban friend." In fact, even in the US, when we're traveling we avoid chain restaurants as much as possible.

I hate stereotypes.

But the socks and sandals on so many Europeans ARE funny.
You're a Texan. We know who you are

Old 12-31-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Nice try. No one villianized the entire group they belonged to. Come on, at least pretend to be smarter than that.
I don't think they were part of a group.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
US and allies overthrew the Ba'athist dictatorship (which was huge threat to the world) .

We don't go around hijacking airplanes, killing innocent people, bombing the public transportation systems and setting up car bombs in (for example) Russia because we don't agree with there government/culture .
A dictatorship that never threatened the USA. Why is this so hard for you to understand? In fact, Saddam Hussein became so powerful because of us! the USA supported him and supplied him with weapons during the Iran/Iraq war. At the same time assisting Osama Ben Laden fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. then we turn on Saddam, put troops in Saudi Arabia, then go back to war with Iraq again some years later, blaming them for something they had nothing to do with. We also conveniently forgot that, despite how one feels about Saddam Hussein, there were no terrorist in Iraq when he was in power. He didn't tolerate them. No we are to believe that Iraq is safer today despite the fact that it's now a terrorist breeding ground? Only a fool would buy that.

And these are the reasons why it's often unsafe for Americans to travel and why terrorist want to destroy this country. It's also likely why the stereotypes of Americans traveling abroad is often so negative. Trust me, if we were doing good in the world, no one would care how loud we were or how we dressed.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
But innocent people are getting killed in the middle East too doesn't that matter? Are their lives lesser than ours in the west? Do you really think the war in the middle east is justified? Shouldn't the west just mind its own business?
Why are you so brainwashed? Not all Arabians are terrorist... Wouldn't you be angry if another country decided to rage war on america for 10 years and kill your neighbour, your mother and countless others and justify it as helping? Wouldn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
The U.S took the lead role in the overthrow of Saddam Hussein and his government.. If it didn't the war would simply have not happened. The threat of Iraq's WMD were wildly overstated and ultimately didn't exist. Hans Blix made this very clear to the world but the U.S and its allies in that war (Namely Britain) paid no mind. Ultimately Blix would be proven correct.

You say the U.S does not engage in the killing of innocent people - how many innocent Iraqi's lost their lives as a result of the 2003 War and subsequent years of the invasion? 128,000!! Your words are of little comfort or meaning to those dead and their families.
this is believed by many Americans because the thought that this country could ever do harm to innocent people isn't something a lot of people here could stomach. The American propaganda machine is the most successful the world has ever known. We are told that "They hate us for our freedom". Despite how utterly idiotic that sounds, many people believe it without questioning it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World