Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:21 PM

318 posts, read 639,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
One thing I see a lot, especially in universities are people who incessantly whine about their own country. These people usually have other countries in mind that they feel they "belong in" or feel they are the best countries in the world. This just seems weird to me, I see this a lot and most of the people I see that hate their own country the most and call people closed minded are typically the ones who have traveled the least.

Is this something you guys notice or see in your countries also?
People who hate their own country, thats 1st world problems. How often do you see the Mexicans for example bash their own country ? And Mexico has a $hitload of social problems, yet despite this you never hear any Mexicans say a single negative thing about their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
People who hate their own country, thats 1st world problems. How often do you see the Mexicans for example bash their own country ? And Mexico has a $hitload of social problems, yet despite this you never hear any Mexicans say a single negative thing about their country.
Then apparently you haven't talked to too many Mexicans. Either way, I'm not talking about people who criticize their country.

I'm talking about people like this Best non-White majority countries for Blacks to live?

Old 03-31-2014, 03:03 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
I don't know how to hate something that is not a person, animal and/or a poor internet connection.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:04 PM

121 posts, read 110,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blue Sky View Post
On the whole with a vast amount of indifference and the odd raised eyebrow...
Through the jaundiced lens of their own traditional ethno-nationalism?

Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I don't know how to hate something that is not a person, animal and/or a poor internet connection.
Sometimes one hates not persons directly, but what they bring about, for instance a certain mentality, certain rituals or views, religions, etc.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 PM

Yeah that's what i mean.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Then apparently you haven't talked to too many Mexicans. Either way, I'm not talking about people who criticize their country.

I'm talking about people like this Best non-White majority countries for Blacks to live?
I live in California, so I am constantly surrounded by Mexicans and they are always screaming from the roof tops about how Mexico is the best country in the world viva la Raza nobody can compare to us because we produce the best music in the world, we produce the best looking women in the world, we produce the best food in the world, etc.

Mexicans are pretty cocky about their patriotism for a country that is not a superpower like China and The U.S.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I live in California, so I am constantly surrounded by Mexicans and they are always screaming from the roof tops about how Mexico is the best country in the world viva la Raza nobody can compare to us because we produce the best music in the world, we produce the best looking women in the world, we produce the best food in the world, etc.

Mexicans are pretty cocky about their patriotism for a country that is not a superpower like China and The U.S.
I have been to California, i have seen many Mexicans on rooftops but i never hear them screaming that stuff..

Old 03-31-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I have been to California, i have seen many Mexicans on rooftops but i never hear them screaming that stuff..
Every Mexican I have met raves on and on about how extremely awesome Mexico is. They never bring up the high crime rate in Mexico or anything else negative about Mexico.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:28 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Every Mexican I have met raves on and on about how extremely awesome Mexico is. They never bring up the high crime rate in Mexico or anything else negative about Mexico.
There's a huge difference between someone who comes from Mexico and someone who is born here into a Mexican family. I'm not saying you're wrong, but at the same time.. many people who actually lived in Mexico will usually be willing to share the negative sides. Typically the ones waving the flag and talking about "Mexican pride" are Chicanos, Mexicans born in the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World