Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 01:39 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusZack View Post
Which is what exactly, what's going to happen?
70 percent unemployment, gazillion dollars in debt, riots, neighbor robs you for bread, looting, zombies, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 04:25 PM

168 posts, read 251,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
70 percent unemployment, gazillion dollars in debt, riots, neighbor robs you for bread, looting, zombies, etc...
Lol, ok, so actually nothing. ;-) No one ever explains how this will actually come to fruition, they don't think critically about it. They just think all the sudden the world is going to implode and people will go nuts. No one online has ever been able to explain to me how the US is going to "collapse" into this chaos. No one ever mentions law enforcement, FEMA, the National Guard, or anything that could be used to prevent or quell riots. No one ever mentions how if the unemployment rate were to start to skyrocket, Congress and the Federal Government as well as the States would move faster than a guy with a chair that just got lit on fire.

Instead of reading end of the world prepper blogs, or scam artists trying to sell you on gold or some lame stock tips, I wish people would think about reality. Unless of course these people are the type of people who actually hate the US and want to see it collapse like that.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusZack View Post
Lol, ok, so actually nothing. ;-) No one ever explains how this will actually come to fruition, they don't think critically about it. They just think all the sudden the world is going to implode and people will go nuts. No one online has ever been able to explain to me how the US is going to "collapse" into this chaos. No one ever mentions law enforcement, FEMA, the National Guard, or anything that could be used to prevent or quell riots. No one ever mentions how if the unemployment rate were to start to skyrocket, Congress and the Federal Government as well as the States would move faster than a guy with a chair that just got lit on fire.

Instead of reading end of the world prepper blogs, or scam artists trying to sell you on gold or some lame stock tips, I wish people would think about reality. Unless of course these people are the type of people who actually hate the US and want to see it collapse like that.
These are just a combination of radical Obama haters and people who are just naturally negative about everything.

like CNN on Facebook and read the comments.... they like to congregate there.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,520,966 times
I think a lot of people posting here are Americans with some sort of political bias or stake in spinning things to seem better or worse then they are. I couldn't care less about your domestic politics, and looking at the US from Canada things certainly seem like they're picking up there. Your dollar is rising and rising relative to ours and the exchange rate is returning from par to more historical norms. Canadians who bought up real estate in Arizona and Florida after the housing crash are sitting pretty as prices rise and the stampede of investors has slowed as things returned to a more normal situation. Straight GDP growth seems higher now in the US, and fewer people are talking about trying to come north for jobs. Years of a high dollar hurting exports and stable banks leading to high real estate prices that discourage business expansion due to high costs have all started taking their toll on Canada. I believe these numbers are true, recognize that America still faces challenges like all nations in the current climate, am glad for the American people that things seem somewhat back on track, and am hopeful that a resurgent American economy will yield benefits for the economy of its biggest trading partner (us).

Old 01-12-2014, 06:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I think a lot of people posting here are Americans with some sort of political bias or stake in spinning things to seem better or worse then they are. I couldn't care less about your domestic politics, and looking at the US from Canada things certainly seem like they're picking up there. Your dollar is rising and rising relative to ours and the exchange rate is returning from par to more historical norms. Canadians who bought up real estate in Arizona and Florida after the housing crash are sitting pretty as prices rise and the stampede of investors has slowed as things returned to a more normal situation. Straight GDP growth seems higher now in the US, and fewer people are talking about trying to come north for jobs. Years of a high dollar hurting exports and stable banks leading to high real estate prices that discourage business expansion due to high costs have all started taking their toll on Canada. I believe these numbers are true, recognize that America still faces challenges like all nations in the current climate, am glad for the American people that things seem somewhat back on track, and am hopeful that a resurgent American economy will yield benefits for the economy of its biggest trading partner (us).
There you have it from a northern perspective.

As one of those who is retired and now watching the labour market with a jaundiced eye I can tell you that the better America does on any front can only bring positive benefits to many other countries.

There are close to 350 million of you all infused with consumerism that the rest of the world would dearly love to sell you something they produce. The more of you working, the more of you spending, the more of you spending, the more U.S. dollars are out there buying widgets.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
^^ I've just invented a new widget, so this is good news to me.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
There you have it from a northern perspective.

As one of those who is retired and now watching the labour market with a jaundiced eye I can tell you that the better America does on any front can only bring positive benefits to many other countries.

There are close to 350 million of you all infused with consumerism that the rest of the world would dearly love to sell you something they produce. The more of you working, the more of you spending, the more of you spending, the more U.S. dollars are out there buying widgets.
NO. WE. AREN'T!

lol @ guy on left

Old 01-12-2014, 07:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
NO. WE. AREN'T!

lol @ guy on left

Nice catch lol. All I can hear coming outta that face is:

Goofy's Laugh - YouTube

Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
I'm wondering what type of jobs people are getting?... its fine and dandy to have a lower unemployment rate - sure we can all agree that's a good thing but if they are mostly in lower paid service industry mc-jobs that people HAVE to pick up because their employment insurance bled dry and won't be extended... not so sure its something to get all giddy about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World