U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 PM

6,056 posts, read 10,802,830 times

Advertisements

You include a travel summary, and reflection about your most recent travel adventure to a far away destination, and all entertaining, and important events in your experience.

You then include your next travel itinerary in the next 1 to 2 years of your life.

I traveled to New York City from Seattle 20 days December 15th to January 5th, and almost endless fun, and excitement. I went to all of my favorite neighborhoods in NYC again, stayed in my old house I used to live in, visited my favorite independent cafe bars, restaurants, hookah lounges, nightclubs, met up with friends and family in NYC, and a number 1 New Years eve in a long time.

I went back in Seattle one day before a new semester in college, and noticed I really didnít miss Seattle most of the time. =/ Some moments, I donít even want to stay there anymore. However, at least I have my favorite places in Seattle, and I am a successful college student moving to another region of the world soon.

I am looking forward to an international travel vacation experience very soon again.

In July/August, I plan to visit France, Switzerland, Austria, OR visit Romania again, mostly because of family reasons, and then a road trip along Romanian, Bulgarian, Turkish, and Eurasian Georgian Black sea coastline from Constanta to Batumi.

In next December/January I plan to visit somewhere in Southeast Asia such as Thailand, or maybe combine a vacation in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam OR visit Southern China around Hong Kong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 03:22 PM

16,416 posts, read 26,129,295 times
I'm an American in Chile. I am going to take a short vacation to Rio de Janeiro and Montevideo in March.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:43 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,159,041 times
Most recent was UK and Italy (and UAE) each about two weeks each. Rented a car and toured much of the southern UK, and spent 5 nights in London. Did a 13 night tour of Italy. Both were amazing and saw tons of the country.

Next will be going to Singapore and Bali with a friend in February. After which my plan is Japan then India.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:53 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,263,370 times
Back to your 2nd home singapore The Postman ? For your information.. Offices are closed and most retail shops closed for at least the 1st day of the CNY.. Fast Food outlets, movie theatres and tourists sites such as Sentosa would probably remain open..

Old 01-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Most recent was UK and Italy (and UAE) each about two weeks each. Rented a car and toured much of the southern UK, and spent 5 nights in London. Did a 13 night tour of Italy. Both were amazing and saw tons of the country.

Next will be going to Singapore and Bali with a friend in February. After which my plan is Japan then India.
Coming back to your 2nd home Singapore ? Early February you will just be in time to feel the CNY celebrations mood and perhaps CHINGAY...

Old 01-13-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Back to your 2nd home singapore The Postman ? For your information.. Offices are closed and most retail shops closed for at least the 1st day of the CNY.. Fast Food outlets, movie theatres and tourists sites such as Sentosa would probably remain open..
Arriving 6th Feb so that'll be cool. Actually going with my Vietnamese friend who has some time off for Tet, the Lunar New Year same as CNY. Keen to show her Singapore.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM

Hmm The Postman actually a bit curious how old you are ? Ha Ha..

Anyway in Singapore.. Chinese New Year is definitely a bigger affair compared to Christmas.. Guess you know what i mean here..

Christmas many retail shops are still operating as what your mum have mentioned..

Old 01-13-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Hmm The Postman actually a bit curious how old you are ? Ha Ha..

Anyway in Singapore.. Chinese New Year is definitely a bigger affair compared to Christmas.. Guess you know what i mean here..

Christmas many retail shops are still operating as what your mum have mentioned..
27, yourself?

Yes I know, mum used to tell me about how big a deal it was for her family. They were poor, but CNY was the one time they felt rich, I guess lol.

Yeah I think though not everything shuts down during CNY like it does in Christmas here, right? But more things than Christmas.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 PM

Me ? 37 this year..

Well not everything shuts down during CNY over here.. But yeah more retails store shut down compared to christmas..

Not sure when i will be going, waiting to save enough $$$, but i wanna go NYC for my next overseas trip.. Havent been there...

Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Me ? 37 this year..

Well not everything shuts down during CNY over here.. But yeah more retails store shut down compared to christmas..

Not sure when i will be going, waiting to save enough $$$, but i wanna go NYC for my next overseas trip.. Havent been there...
NYC is incredible, my favourite city in the world. Where have you travelled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or