Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:57 AM

872 posts, read 1,385,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
See what I mean about random assumptions....? lol.
No assumptions old friend. I just look back at your old comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 11:05 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
No assumptions old friend. I just look back at your old comments.
Talking about the whole 6 pack and CNBC thing.

We are in a recovery, I live here I know what is going on. It is a slow recovery but we are no way worse than when we were in 08.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 AM

872 posts, read 1,385,370 times
Quote:
Talking about the whole 6 pack and CNBC thing.

We are in a recovery, I live here I know what is going on. It is a slow recovery but we are no way worse than when we were in 08.
Don't take the Joe Sixpack thing as a criticism. I'm actually a lot more in line with the mindset of your stereotypical "gun nut" paleo-libertarian American than the people in the UK.

This means I'm actually much more sympathetic to your average joe in the USA than the English. I just disagree with the way your legacy media (TV, newspapers, periodicals) operates.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:36 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Those links have nothing to do with what we're talking about lol.
Its just a few very patriotic people but people choose them to represent us for some reason so now everytime an American says something good about his country people get all whiny

John Boehner says U.S. health care system is best in world http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...em-best-world/

Sorry, those links have everything to do with the subject, few very patriotic people ???
This is a statement made by John Boehner !! He is the speaker of the House and is second in line to the presidency of the United States following the Vice President in accordance with the Presidential Succession Act.

Sorry,i posted the thread and i know what i'm talking about so please don't try to dismiss my posting,if u want to debate the issue,bring ur arguments.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
I'm talking about the country not a health care system

Please show me, where are all these people who go around saying "USA is number 1!" "We're the best in the world!" ? i have only seen a handful of posters on here with that kind of attitude but those few are chosen to represent the whole country it seems.... strange.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:18 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,190,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Is this decline going to continue,any hope this will change soon,what's your take on this issue ?
As others have pointed out, the article has a clear political bias as seen by this quote in the RT article: "Still the Obama administration continues to restrain entire sectors of the economy with regulation, including, finance, energy and health care."

Lax regulations were a part of the reason why our economy melted down in the first place. I'd much rather have more safeguards in place, especially in the financial industry, then to have to the whole thing come tumbling down yet again.

If they think that's an issue, and thus want to move the US further down their little list, then so be it.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
John Boehner says U.S. health care system is best in world John Boehner says U.S. health care system is best in world | PolitiFact

Sorry, those links have everything to do with the subject, few very patriotic people ???
This is a statement made by John Boehner !! He is the speaker of the House and is second in line to the presidency of the United States following the Vice President in accordance with the Presidential Succession Act.

Sorry,i posted the thread and i know what i'm talking about so please don't try to dismiss my posting,if u want to debate the issue,bring ur arguments.
While I don't disagree that there are still many people in this country who think that the US is #1, I still fail to see the relevance of the part that I put in bold.

Boehner is indeed Speaker of the House, but he wasn't elected by the US as a whole like President Obama was. The single district he represents in Ohio has less than a million people in it.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the country not a health care system

Please show me, where are all these people who go around saying "USA is number 1!" "We're the best in the world!" ? i have only seen a handful of posters on here with that kind of attitude but those few are chosen to represent the whole country it seems.... strange.
You can't talk about the US,being the best in the world and not compare education,healthcare,equality,justice,employment and democraty with other countries of the world

Howard Friedman on How does the US compare?

USA is the Greatest Country in the World

Old 01-18-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
While I don't disagree that there are still many people in this country who think that the US is #1, I still fail to see the relevance of the part that I put in bold.

Boehner is indeed Speaker of the House, but he wasn't elected by the US as a whole like President Obama was. The single district he represents in Ohio has less than a million people in it.
Boehner was speaking as the speaker of the house and 3rd on line for the presidency in case of vacancy.
He also is an experienced politician who knows well the US economy

Old 01-18-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Boehner was speaking as the speaker of the house and 3rd on line for the presidency in case of vacancy.
He also is an experienced politician who knows well the US economy
He's still the representative of his single district in Ohio, however; those are the people he has to appeal to in order to get reelected to the House of Representatives. His fellow Republicans made him Speaker of the House, not the American public as a whole. That was my point. I don't know why you put so much emphasis on the fact that he's third inline for the presidency. I mean, the Secretary of State is 4th in line, but we sure as hell didn't vote for John Kerry to have that position.

I don't disagree with the fact that he's [Boehner] an experienced politician, but I don't agree with his fiscal policies and I frankly think a lot of the things he thinks would be good for the US economy would do more harm than good, but I'll leave it at that and agree to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World