Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:10 PM

401 posts, read 649,481 times

Advertisements

Most beautiful beaches on Earth = Seychelles
http://hqwallpapersplus.com/wp-conte...llpapers-4.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 06:22 PM

401 posts, read 649,481 times
and I didn't answer the topic :
In France people love to go to the beach
And Parisians were so frustrated about not having beaches that they invented Paris Plage
http://www.discoverwalks.com/wp-cont...atIsFree11.jpg
kinda lame if you ask me, especially when you know that most Parisians are rich and can afford beach holidays

Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Cancun - Spring Break

Panama City, Florida - Spring Break

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-24-2014 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 01-25-2014, 05:13 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,225 times
Here it is very very popular, it is the first thing people are looking forward to do when warm temperatures arrive or when it is hot someday in winter.
The problem is that some of them are really crowded.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:54 AM

1,586 posts, read 2,147,165 times
I must say, for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, this is definitely a nice time of year to talk (and fantasize) about going to the beach.

I don't really know how popular beach going is on various continents, but it seems to me that we as humans tend to have an innate desire to congregate near large bodies of water. It's all tied up in the social and biological development of our species. It's interesting how even in places where the water isn't exactly warm (Northern Europe, for example), the beach can be a popular destination.

I recently moved to Rhode Island, the geographically smallest state in the U.S., which is nicknamed the "Ocean State." Every single person in Rhode Island lives within a 30-minute drive of either the Atlantic Ocean or Narragansett Bay, which is connected to the Atlantic Ocean. That was a really appealing fact when I was considering whether to relocate here. Even though I haven't lived here during beach weather yet, people seem very proud of the state's beaches and happy to tell me about which ones they like best.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:00 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,887,778 times
Sardegna is close and comfortable, though quite expensive.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:36 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Feel free to comment on both, countries and continents.
All righty then. Canada, beaches are very popular. In Vancouver, where I live, we have 9 swimming beaches within the city. Of course the swimming part is during summer. Boating however is year round.

Outside of Vancouver, B.C. has 27,000 kilometres of coastline…not all beach of course, but enough. Counter that with the hundreds of lake and rivers and you have ample places to go.

Whether it's crowds Kitsilano beach or North America's largest nude beach, Wreck, there is something for everyone.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:48 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
All righty then. Canada, beaches are very popular. In Vancouver, where I live, we have 9 swimming beaches within the city. Of course the swimming part is during summer. Boating however is year round.

Outside of Vancouver, B.C. has 27,000 kilometres of coastline…not all beach of course, but enough. Counter that with the hundreds of lake and rivers and you have ample places to go.

Whether it's crowds Kitsilano beach or North America's largest nude beach, Wreck, there is something for everyone.
People don't associate Canada with beaches, even though it has a large coastline the water is mostly too cold. I'm surprised so many go to the beach in Vancouver, water would be far too chilly for me haha.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
People don't associate Canada with beaches, even though it has a large coastline the water is mostly too cold. I'm surprised so many go to the beach in Vancouver, water would be far too chilly for me haha.
Yes it can feel chilly especially in Spring which is when any sane person might attempt a swim. In Summer, our average ocean temp is 18 C which is warmer than San Francisco's, 16C when they have there warmest water in October. The flip side of course is that it doesn't last long and we get much colder water, 4 C which is much colder than anything San Francisco gets at 12 C January through April. Of course these are averages and they do fluctuate a bit.

San Francisco CA Ocean Water Temperature - Current Results

Weather Averages for Vancouver, Canada

I know people don't associate Canada with beaches, well most don't, but it's quite a shame since we have some fantastic beaches.
Prince Edward Island beaches are the warmest north of Virginia in the U.S. and have red, pink and gold coloured beaches. The only pink sand beaches in Canada.

The beaches of New Brunswick, Gaspe, Nova Scotia etc are extremely popular.

More in my area, the Tofino area brings surfers, albeit wearing wet suits, and tourists from all over the world. There is more to beaches than swimming and suntanning, as Tofino shows.

The beaches in Vancouver are packed during the summer.

Then we have the Great Lakes with many beaches there. Winnipeg has an amazing lake beach etc.
Lakes tend to be warmer than the ocean and are very, very popular for swimming, all over the country.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:58 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes it can feel chilly especially in Spring which is when any sane person might attempt a swim. In Summer, our average ocean temp is 18 C which is warmer than San Francisco's, 16C when they have there warmest water in October. The flip side of course is that it doesn't last long and we get much colder water, 4 C which is much colder than anything San Francisco gets at 12 C January through April. Of course these are averages and they do fluctuate a bit.

San Francisco CA Ocean Water Temperature - Current Results

Weather Averages for Vancouver, Canada

I know people don't associate Canada with beaches, well most don't, but it's quite a shame since we have some fantastic beaches.
Prince Edward Island beaches are the warmest north of Virginia in the U.S. and have red, pink and gold coloured beaches. The only pink sand beaches in Canada.

The beaches of New Brunswick, Gaspe, Nova Scotia etc are extremely popular.

More in my area, the Tofino area brings surfers, albeit wearing wet suits, and tourists from all over the world. There is more to beaches than swimming and suntanning, as Tofino shows.

The beaches in Vancouver are packed during the summer.

Then we have the Great Lakes with many beaches there. Winnipeg has an amazing lake beach etc.
Lakes tend to be warmer than the ocean and are very, very popular for swimming, all over the country.
Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick have ocean beaches where the summer temperatures are generally in the 20-25C range. Some of these beaches have warmer water than any ocean beach on the NE US coast north of Virginia.

And water temperatures at lake beaches in Ontario and Quebec can easily reach 25C or higher in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World