Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better ?
Dallas 35 43.75%
Perth 45 56.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,500,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Most people here haven't a clue about Perth, anyway...

FYI, you see the photo of the skyline at night on the city data site header graphic? Yup, that's Perth! haha...pretty random when i found that out, using Perth for a mostly US site.
Yep, Including most Australians who live on the east Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 05:03 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,190,678 times
I've never been to either. But, I always assumed Perth was too small to be compared to Dallas. But despite that, I'd take Perth anyways, as Dallas doesn't appeal much to me at all. But, Perth, being in Australia, already gives it exotic points. Well, above Dallas exotic points anyways.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:44 PM

108 posts, read 153,860 times
To get back on track
Urban Feel-Perth
People-Dallas
Better life-Dallas
Entertainment-Dallas
Architectures-Dallas
Economy-Dallas
Downtown-Perth
Suburbs-Dallas...lol is this even a question?
Future possibilities-Dallas
Public transportation-Peth...not even a question
Shopping-Dallas
Open mindness-Perth
Schools-Dallas
i still find if insane you guys find perth more diverse than dallas.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:57 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,500,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormadNYC View Post
To get back on track
Urban Feel-Perth
People-Dallas
Better life-Dallas
Entertainment-Dallas
Architectures-Dallas
Economy-Dallas
Downtown-Perth
Suburbs-Dallas...lol is this even a question?
Future possibilities-Dallas
Public transportation-Peth...not even a question
Shopping-Dallas
Open mindness-Perth
Schools-Dallas
i still find if insane you guys find perth more diverse than dallas.
Nobody on this thread has stated Perth is more diverse than Dallas. The whole discussion was around Sydney and Dallas/Houston.

If you must know I am one of the people who voted for Dallas, but have never been to either city. Still after living in what must be the world least diverse major city for a while now, the only thing I really miss is the variety of food.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 02-24-2014 at 10:26 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 02:17 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
I picked Perth. Its got beaches nearby and a lot more laid back and more relaxed. Plus it is a safer city to live.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM

124 posts, read 196,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
What good has diversity given anyway besides different foods? everything besides that has been a disaster for both countries, from race riots to higher crime to demographic decline. Rethink about where we're all heading with this nonsensical idea of diversity..
Exactly!

Look at Sydney. Excessive "diverse" immigration has turned once clean & tidy suburbs into slums resembling a warzone. Suburbs like Auburn, Lakemba, Bankstown, Cabramatta etc.

Yet look at the Sutherland Shire (southern suburbs) which is virtually all white and see all the clean tidy streets with lawns mowed, edges clipped, no smashed up cars covering the front yards etc.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:09 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,408,741 times
Urban Feel - Dallas
People - Dallas
Better life - Both
Entertainment - Dallas
Architectures - Dallas
Economy - Both
Downtown - Perth
Suburbs - Dallas
Future possibilities - Perth
Public transportation - Dallas
Shopping - Both
Open mindness - Perth
Schools - Both

Old 09-04-2014, 10:25 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I'm surprised Perth is in the lead in this vs. Dallas is a much larger city and I think would have more to offer overall - from cultural amenities, entertainment options to economic opportunities.
Perth appears to have a stronger downtown core in terms of vibrancy, where as downtown Dallas is quite weak for the size of the city that it is. That and Perth has some amazing beaches on the periphery. Dallas has one of least inspiring settings in the US in terms of topography. It's really not surprising that even people who don't know either city very well would choose Perth, the beach alone makes it more attractive. Neither city really has the international cachet of San Francisco or Sydney.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:52 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Dallas is a horrible city. Probably the most boring American city of its size. It lacks culture, character, identity. Downtown Dallas after hours is dead. No one hangs around downtown Dallas, except undesirables, homeless people and hustlers.

Endless cookie cutter sprawl- all suburbs look exactly the same, they just change names-Plano, Garland, Richardson, all same crap and you would not be able to tell when one ends and the next one starts because they all look the same.

Ft Worth is a much more interesting city but a large area of the city is rundown and poor. Downtown Ft Worth has much more character and the it feels more like a real city.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:04 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Urban Feel - Dallas
People - Perth
Better life - Perth
Entertainment - Dallas
Architectures - Dallas
Economy - Perth
Downtown - Perth
Suburbs - Perth
Future possibilities - Perth
Public transportation - Perth
Shopping - Dallas
Open mindness - Perth
Schools - Perth

Overall, Perth, for being more 'relaxed' and much safer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World