U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
 
284 posts, read 484,435 times
Reputation: 308

Advertisements

ive noticed that in most of the hispanic countries in the caribbean & south america till this day are so big on having ties to spain. which is weird because i usually hear of spaniards looking down on hispanics.

i found it interesting because people in north america could care less about having ties to the UK or at least don't make a big deal about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2014, 01:18 PM
 
39 posts, read 56,864 times
Reputation: 25
I disagree with you sir. The Latin Americans don't "go out of their way" to show their relationship to Spain just because they ARE related to Spain and on top of it very much so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 02:47 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,415,078 times
Reputation: 210
Actually Mexicans and most other Latin Americans hate Spaniards and don't want anything to do with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 PM
 
2,818 posts, read 5,164,764 times
Reputation: 3758
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ive noticed that in most of the hispanic countries in the caribbean & south america till this day are so big on having ties to spain. which is weird because i usually hear of spaniards looking down on hispanics.

i found it interesting because people in north america could care less about having ties to the UK or at least don't make a big deal about it
Actually they care so little they don't even try to speak English correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM
 
490 posts, read 1,415,078 times
Reputation: 210
The OP must be talking about the Chicanos who say they are Spanish because they think Spanish must be synonymous to Mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 03:24 PM
 
1,265 posts, read 2,344,923 times
Reputation: 1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ive noticed that in most of the hispanic countries in the caribbean & south america till this day are so big on having ties to spain. which is weird because i usually hear of spaniards looking down on hispanics.

i found it interesting because people in north america could care less about having ties to the UK or at least don't make a big deal about it
oh shut up you are only saying this because you dont like Hispanics
.one only needs to look at your previous post to know this.
and alot of people from like to know more aboue their ancestors and motherland. like England Ireland Germany Italy Spain etc.nothing wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
854 posts, read 759,631 times
Reputation: 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriaEstefan View Post
I disagree with you sir. The Latin Americans don't "go out of their way" to show their relationship to Spain just because they ARE related to Spain and on top of it very much so.
More than Spain itself, I'd say a big chunk of people from Latam, like to share their "connection" to Europe.
For some reason Hispanics loveeeee and look up to Europe like a god continent. I've met countless people from all over the region, who would tell you about their French last name, or the great grandmother who came from Italy, or how at home they keep a family seal from Spain, among others examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
854 posts, read 759,631 times
Reputation: 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Actually Mexicans and most other Latin Americans hate Spaniards and don't want anything to do with them.
Hate is a big word. I don't think we all hate Spain, although I've noticed we keep blaming the Spaniards for what the conquistadors took from the continent 500 years ago. Which I foud I bit strange, since you never hear Canadians or Australians blame the British for their wrong doings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 03:50 PM
 
108 posts, read 113,343 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Actually Mexicans and most other Latin Americans hate Spaniards and don't want anything to do with them.
No we don't, I am Hispanic and I can say we do not hate Spain, no one really cares seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,295 posts, read 3,957,028 times
Reputation: 2941
The OP is obsessed with Hispanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Actually Mexicans and most other Latin Americans hate Spaniards and don't want anything to do with them.
Thats not true either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top