Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:55 PM

10,644 posts, read 16,025,322 times

Advertisements

So we all agree with Spain-California and Sweden-Minnesota Next!

Which European country is most like Oklahoma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,383,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
Spain does have mountains

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picos_...u_Urriellu.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:S...n_-_Diliff.jpg

Spains northwest coast has a lot similarities (Climate,Geography) to the northwestern coast of California, aswell
I'ts true that Spain doesn't really have a desert like California. But they atleast have a semi-desert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabernas_Desert
I DID NOT SAY spain didn't have mountains. What I said was, that the Sierras in CA resemble Switzerland more than they would resemble Spain. The same could be said for the San Gabriel Mountains. What's with the comprehension around here lately?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
So we all agree with Spain-California and Sweden-Minnesota Next!

Which European country is most like Oklahoma?
Belarus or Hungary?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:03 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,684,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I DID NOT SAY spain didn't have mountains. What I said was, that the Sierras in CA resemble Switzerland more than they would resemble Spain. The same could be said for the San Gabriel Mountains. What's with the comprehension around here lately?
I disagree, both the Sierras and San Gabriel mountains don't resemble Switzerland in anyway. (Different mountains, different vegetation, different culture and different climate) The Mountains in Spain are more comparable to them in all these categories imo.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:14 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,684,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud77 View Post
I can really see the california - spain

california??? spain!!
The beach on your picture is in Andalucia.
The Buildings give it away.
La Jolla Beach in SoCal looks just like it.

Best beach - La Jolla Cove, California 1440x900 Wallpaper #1

Old 10-21-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
I disagree, both the Sierras and San Gabriel mountains don't resemble Switzerland in anyway. (Different mountains, different vegetation, different culture and different climate) The Mountains in Spain are more comparable to them in all these categories imo.
We will continue to disagree but at least we're understanding one another now.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:12 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,378,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
California - Mexico - Spain - Philippines
This must be because of religion and the Spanish influence.

I bet all of these countries do have "San Juan", "San Jose" or "Santa Maria" name of place.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
This must be because of religion and the Spanish influence.

I bet all of these countries do have "San Juan", "San Jose" or "Santa Maria" name of place.
If I may:
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
There are a few places that geographically & climatically share similarities with California but culturally- none. There will be a few countries that will share a few parallels but nothing that would make them "alike"

California is a real unique mix of innovation...melting pot of human diversity...a certain dysfunction unique to this part of the world...it is unique not only globally but within the US.
That's perhaps the best way I've seen it said.

But yes, California does have a San Jose and a Santa Maria. If we have a San Juan, it must be a smaller town as I don't know where it is.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Hungary - Kentucky

Old 04-08-2018, 04:56 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,027 times
Texas-Bavaria (yep, Bavaria thinks it's its own country, separate from Germany. The most conservative and religious state in Germany.)
Germany-Japan (both very clean, both with a strong and militaristic past, strong nationalism and ethnic unity, proud heritage, meticulously maintained old towns, and impressive industrial efficiency)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World