U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 AM

1,524 posts, read 2,155,094 times

Advertisements

The harsh truth is that American don't care about Russia or what's going on in the Ukraine. This stuff only made CNN's front page news for two days. We just have more important things to do, and Russia just isn't that important anymore. It's not surprising to anyone that the Eastern Europeans are resuming their never-ending ethnic conflicts. Why not focus on more important goals, like not being poor anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM

24,268 posts, read 17,581,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromRu View Post
Just the day before the bloodshed shooting from military depots was stolen about 1,500 rifles and other weapons. And right after that bloody government began to shoot at the crowd. Suddenly. Yeah, yeah. (Presently it was returned just a few weapons. I know you find it difficult to understand - you are allowed to have weapons at home, legally. But now in Ukraine about 1500 guns are not clear in whose hands and it is a serious threat to stability in the country)

Do you know how many guns are on the loose in Russia? Millions. Pistols, rifles, AK-47/74, AKS, machine guns, even RPG's. And how many millions of old weapons, like PPSh, are out there?

"1500 guns stolen and now are a threat". Priceless. Well hell yes they are, to the possible invaders.

Those 1500 guns were not used at Maidan. The Berkut used their, though...

Old 03-12-2014, 09:40 AM

392 posts, read 279,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqaer View Post
Posted Today, 12:25 PM
Good day America! Oh, how good that modern technology allows us to communicate at that distance . Unfortunately, my English is a little bad, but I hope you understand me . Firstly, I would like to express the general opinion of Americans and the American people as a whole! And it is that we love Americans, despite all propogandu that pours you your media. Russian had no enmity with anyone! Calling us "evil empire," you forget that Russia did not start any major wars, and no conflict . The beginning of the First World War Germany (or rather the state that existed on this site). The second World War, Germany is still the same. And now in order . Let's take all the conflicts that have occurred in the world of the 20th century.
Korean War - which made it the U.S.? Where Korea, where the United States?
Vietnam War and the carpet bombing of villages, again ... where Vietnam, where the United States? Why have got removed?
Afghanistan .... yes ... first entered Russia in Afghanistan (but everyone forgets that Afghan President himself asked the USSR about it). And now there is fighting the U.S. .... so maybe rightly so Sovestky troops that fought there?
Now sovremennost.SShA bombed:
Yugoslavia, Serbia, Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan. And is all of these conflicts the U.S. had no UN approval. Why? U.S. considers himself better than others?
Do you remember the news footage of 2008, when all feeds showed how poor Russian attacked Georgia ..... Remember all channels are shown as complexes MLRS "Grad" shelling Georgia. As the world's media showed Russian aggression. Why is this no one remembers? Why your media does not recognize that showed the attack by Georgian troops and talked about the Russian? Why is no one recognizes that U.S. profinonsirovalo "revlyutsiyu roses" in Georgia and brought Saakashvili to power (which is more than half his life in the United States). Why is no one talking about the fact that the United States have invested billions of dollars in the Georgian army. (Prior to that, in Georgia, in fact it was not). First, Americans like you that your taxes go into service in other countries?) Second, if Russia so angry and wanted aneksirovat South Ossetia and Abkhazia in Georgia, why she did not do so before America Georgians armed to the teeth? Why is no one interested in what killed more than 20 000 civilians overnight shelling Georgian MLRS?
And why the U.S. believes it has the right to invest in sovereign states to advance their personal interests?

And now I come to the main point, it is Ukraine. I'm sure many of you have heard about how "crazy Putin attacked the Ukraine." To all this, I want to say one thing. Russia has lost the information war (which generally is not conducted).
According to official figures the U.S. State Department, Ukrainian opozii was the selection of 50 billion U.S. dollars. For what? Why? Like that money go to the American taxpayer to the revolution? And now the most important thing. On the square of Kiev, the armed men carried out the seizure of power. Unknown sniper fired on police as well as on the protesters. Came to power neonatsiskie movement. The first thing that put a limit on the use of the Russian language (at 75% of Russian-speaking population in eastern and southern Ukraine) and started the ratification of the EU accession. Sorry. Is 2000 protesters in the center of Kiev, express opinion 45 million population of Ukraine? No! Therefore, most of the country and rebelled. You now do not show the entire east and south of Ukraine holds rallies with the Russian flag (there is no Russian military). But the Russian military has in the Crimea. And the whole world hysteria that Russia invaded Crimea, forgetting that in the Crimea (since 1783) is a military base of the Naval Forces, and in 1991, when Ukraine became independent, Russia signed an international agreement on finding a military base there until 2047. Under the terms of the treaty in the Crimea can be located up to 25,000 troops in Russia. So may be enough to show the hysteria? Maybe we should understand that the Crimea is an autonomous republic within Ukraine. And on the basis of international law has the right to self-determination. Why the whole world gave independence to Kosovo (without a referendum) and Crimea is going to hold a referendum with an invitation to all observers, and the whole world does not want to admit it? Why such double standards??? May be enough to believe their media and start thinking head?

And memorable about what Russia has nuclear capability. And your government is doing everything to provoke Russia. I'm ready for war. The Russian human ALL grandfather grandparents fought in World War II. We have it in the blood. Have you traded your happy life for the sake of playing games in which your state?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN7KB90wND0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0WJcrIy8F8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS-QZ_l2IN4

You want this war? Stop your goverment!1
You lost my support and interest when you state "I'm ready for war" - are you a fool? My father back in the day was a Red Army Captain....who served at the Kremlin...and one thing he learned was that there are no good guys when it comes to war....He and his friends endured the tail end of the revolution....and he endured WW2....and of course when it was over he left..... You are the product of 70 years of unprincipled communism....all I know is that Russia and the Ukraine want one thing...>MORE MONEY....you folks got rid of God and all you care about is cold hard cash.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:26 AM

392 posts, read 279,057 times
So Sasha...You have decided to strike out digitally for the empire...I hope they are at least paying you.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:29 AM

10 posts, read 6,287 times
Something else. We allow that gang of nationalists in Kiev to do next:

Female deputy (Irina Farion) of "Freedom", for example, attends kindergarten. She asks the children questions about their names. Encountering names that have Russian origin, she suggests three-year olds (!) to replace them with Ukrainian consonant . Because "it is not our shape" (c) If you do not want (it's all is explained by a three-year child, I recall) - pack a suitcase and go to Mother Russia. All this action is accompanied by smiles and jokes.
Picture from the category of " tolerance - 0". I purposely don't bring cases of cruelty and violence against Russian-speaking people in Ukraine now. I cite only those videos that the Nazis themselves, sorry, Ukrainian nationalists - consider it necessary to lay out for everyone to see.

But what would make YOUR president, when YOUR citizens abroad would pursue on a national basis? Are these people guilty that they speak Russian? Ukraine is the same historical homeland for them, as for the nationalists in Kiev. And if someone forgets about it - Russia will remind. Especially about zonked radical representatives of Nazism who spread web requests to the Chechen terrorist leader Doku Umarov to organize terrorist attacks in Russia - our special services madly want to see with them.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:33 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,308,911 times
Sqaer: You vastly overestimate the impact this whole Crimea situation has had on the American consciousness.
I would guess 90% of Americans don't even know Ukraine is a country.
I would wager 75% of Americans couldn't find Russia on a map.
I would bet 99% of Americans couldn't find Crimea on a map.
I would posit that 95% of Americans do not have any real idea (apart from "oh, yeah, I've heard of that") what's going on in Crimea -- from either side of the argument.
This is not meant to be an indictment against Americans: The fact of the matter is people don't care. They only care if US troops are (again) sent to some far-flung place to do the bidding of the puppets in Washington.
Very, very people here care. Even fewer want a war.
Americans, in general, are an insular people, far removed from what's happening in other areas of the world. Sad? Perhaps. But that is a different topic.
In short, go ahead and leave your 100-ruble posturing at the door. You aren't going to provoke anything, nonetheless great passion about this matter.

Last edited by jeffpv; 03-12-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 03-12-2014, 10:44 AM

10 posts, read 6,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Sqaer: You vastly
This is not meant to be an indictment against Americans: The fact of the matter is people don't care. They only care if US troops are (again) sent to some far-flung place to do the bidding of the puppets in Washington.
You're right. And we, russians, don't want war too. And Ukrainians don't want it, I'm 100% sure. And Sirian people didn't want. The trouble is that there are people who not only want it, but also have all the possibilities to do it.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,308,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromRu View Post
You're right. And we, russians, don't want war too. And Ukrainians don't want it, I'm 100% sure. And Sirian people didn't want. The trouble is that there are people who not only want it, but also have all the possibilities to do it.
Yes, sadly, such is the world: The decision-makers are most often those who should not be making decisions whatsoever.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 AM

14,805 posts, read 17,022,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
The harsh truth is that American don't care about Russia or what's going on in the Ukraine. This stuff only made CNN's front page news for two days. We just have more important things to do, and Russia just isn't that important anymore. It's not surprising to anyone that the Eastern Europeans are resuming their never-ending ethnic conflicts. Why not focus on more important goals, like not being poor anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Sqaer: You vastly overestimate the impact this whole Crimea situation has had on the American consciousness.
I would guess 90% of Americans don't even know Ukraine is a country.
I would wager 75% of Americans couldn't find Russia on a map.
I would bet 99% of Americans couldn't find Crimea on a map.
I would posit that 95% of Americans do not have any real idea (apart from "oh, yeah, I've heard of that") what's going on in Crimea -- from either side of the argument.
Very, very people here care. Even fewer want a war.
Americans, in general, are an insular people, far removed from what's happening in other areas of the world. Sad? Perhaps. But that is a different topic.
In short, go ahead and leave your 100-ruble posturing at the door. You aren't going to provoke anything, nonetheless great passion about this matter.
The truth has been spoken!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:38 AM

9,972 posts, read 14,047,412 times
Go home nuclear friend, you're drunk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or