U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 AM

1,485 posts, read 1,653,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yeah Brazilians seem to be very sexually open on one hand yet there's that Catholic modesty too.
Religion and sexuality in Brazil is a complex issue, something even hard to understand by foreigners.

The majority of the population is Roman Catholic. However, in the urban centres, most of them don't attend regularly to the masses and have divergences towards the doctrine. They are "catholic with caveats". Many of them, althoug it's a sin in the catholic view, have sex before the marriage and often with more than one partner. The use of contraceptive methods is widespread. Catholic religiosity is stronger in the countryside and small towns. The most religious (and also the most close-minded) are the neopentecostal protestants - getting each year more numerous and more powerful.

An interesting thing is that in the general broadcast television, all of the channels, with the exception of two major networks (Rede Globo and SBT) and the government-owned stations belong to neopentecostal priesters, or rent part of the prime time for them.

Brazil has also a large community of Kardecism followers, probably the largest in the world. There is also a sizable community of atheists, but few of them declare it; stating "there is no God" is perceived by many almost as a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 AM

282 posts, read 321,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Is BennyBucks trying to say that he's annoyed about women being sexually independent, but they won't look at him because he's an ugly misogynist who can't get laid despite having "status" and "money"?

And of course if he'd get laid, the woman must be a virgin?

Am I right?
I can't say for certain, but you seem to be doing a good job of proving his points to be true.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 AM

878 posts, read 1,122,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBucks View Post
When it comes to purely physical sexual attraction, yes, as opposed to those who look at a man's status, influence, character and so on. Look at the pattern of sexual moral indiscretion nowadays: men are addicted to looking at nudie pictures of girls, girls are more inclined to go on webcams, post nude selfies to be looked at by men. This reflects underlying biology, despite the fact that there's been some effort to socially engineer these differences out of our culture.

There are certainly women who look at men the way men look at women (ie. they behave like gay men) or consider it some sexually liberal duty to behave that way. They tend to be much more vocal than their counterparts (and are therefore overrepresented in discourse/literature), and IMO are much more likely to be ugly, aggressive, strange or psychologically imbalanced in some way - the kind you wouldn't trust around children never mind bring them up.
Ergo, one of the great ironies of the fashion industry, where high fashion models literally can't stand the male models they have to work alongside.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:09 AM

24,268 posts, read 17,595,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigoriachel View Post
I can't say for certain, but you seem to be doing a good job of proving his points to be true.
How so?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 AM

296 posts, read 376,296 times
Quote:
Is BennyBucks trying to say that he's annoyed about women being sexually independent, but they won't look at him because he's an ugly misogynist who can't get laid despite having "status" and "money"?

And of course if he'd get laid, the woman must be a virgin?

Am I right?
This is a great comment in that it exposes who the true benefactors of the "sexual revolution" really are - morally ambivalent, irresponsible men, who treat women like sexualized pieces of meat while screening their promiscuous lifestyle under a faux-gallant "white knight" facade, claiming to act in the best interests of women.

How have women fared with these social changes? Their psychological health has fallen (and continues to fall) off a cliff, they're increasingly embittered, depressed and socially isolated - unless they're fortunate and gracious enough to see through and reject the social programming.

Last edited by BennyBucks; 03-14-2014 at 09:50 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBucks View Post
This is a great comment in that it exposes who the true benefactors of the "sexual revolution" really are - morally ambivalent, irresponsible men, who treat women like sexualized pieces of meat while justifying their promiscuous lifestyle under a "white knight" facade of acting in their best interests.

How have women fared with these social changes? Their psychological health has fallen (and continues to fall) off a cliff.
How on earth am I immoral? On what grounds?

I'm not a "white knight" that have to defend the other sex on the internet. I treat them as equals, and everyone stands for him/herself.

The supposed psychological health has not fallen due to sexual liberation, or should I say, sexual equality. I'm quite certain that the mental health of women was a lot lower a 100 years ago or so when they were practically subjects/servants to their husbands.

What you said in the few earlier posts, I've heard that a lot of times before. In the end it usually comes down to that the sayer is a sexually frustrated person who loathes that all women doesn't keep their legs crossed and look up to a man only because he has money and status. Usually they also blame women and the modern culture, because the man gets overlooked by women and when they prefer poorer, but better looking men with lesser status.

Long story short: "why won't you pick me, I can provide for you! Don't go with that hooligan, I have a better salary! This worked 100 years ago, why doesn't it work today? "

Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 AM

878 posts, read 1,122,560 times
Quote:

I'm not a "white knight" that have to defend the other sex on the internet. I treat them as equals, and everyone stands for him/herself.

The supposed psychological health has not fallen due to sexual liberation, or should I say, sexual equality. I'm quite certain that the mental health of women was a lot lower a 100 years ago or so when they were practically subjects/servants to their husbands.

What you said in the few earlier posts, I've heard that a lot of times before. In the end it usually comes down to that the person is a sexually frustrated person who loathes that all women doesn't keep their legs crossed and look up to a man only because he has money and status. Usually they also blame women and the modern culture, because the man gets overlooked and by women and they prefer poorer, but better looking men with lesser status.

Long story short: "why won't you pick me, I can provide for you! Don't go with that hooligan, I have a better salary! This worked 100 years ago, why doesn't it work today? "
The following is a famous meta-analytic study of this topic:

http://users.nber.org/~jwolfers/pape...sHappiness.pdf

Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,028 times
Default which countries are most romantic

Belgium women are incredibly romantic- I am currently in a relationship with a soon to be 40 year woman from Belgium, I live in the US and I just turned 51. We have been involved for 2 Years and we are about to have a baby in April. I was born in South America.The mix of the continents is electric, seetaj.info

Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 AM

296 posts, read 376,296 times
Quote:

What you said in the few earlier posts, I've heard that a lot of times before. In the end it usually comes down to that the sayer is a sexually frustrated person who loathes that all women doesn't keep their legs crossed and look up to a man only because he has money and status. Usually they also blame women and the modern culture, because the man gets overlooked by women and when they prefer poorer, but better looking men with lesser status.

You've now made 4 (5?) references to women and intergender relations purely being about "getting laid", where anyone who challenges the status quo must obviously be sexually frustrated because he can't sleep around in the same way. You do realize that not all of us are interested in reducing women to 'poontang' pleasure toys the same way?

Yeah. Not very convincing. The sooner you break out of the social programming that a woman is a female body with a man's brain, and start empathizing according to their nature rather than yours (or what cosmopolitan magazine tells you) the less trouble you'll have in future.

Last edited by BennyBucks; 03-14-2014 at 10:47 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 10:27 AM

I'm do not consider women as toys, and is usually quite careful in choosing my sexual partners. Neither do I make a big deal of it if someone wants to fool around. Their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or