Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:50 AM

10,634 posts, read 15,956,880 times

Advertisements

Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, France, Italy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 12:54 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,516,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Latin America... They are quite expressive and passionate ( Mi Amor, Mi Cielo, te amo con todas mis fuerzas ) oh I just LOVE hearing these words. I also love Mariachis, it us romantic to be serenaded. I love Spanish songs, very romantic to the ears. I don't get tired of Juan Luis Guerra's Burbujas de Amor.
Italy --- seems like love is important to Italians and I always hear men are usually ( celoso ) jealous type and that's a turn on for me.
Latin America if you exclude Brazil.
The superficiality of the relationships here is notorious in the current generation. Moreover... did you listen to the most recent hits of the brazilian music? Most - if not all - when talking about love, is only about sex, french kissing or one-night relationships. Maybe the situation is other in the spanish-speaking countries.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 PM

9,572 posts, read 20,715,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
The superficiality of the relationships here is notorious in the current generation. Moreover... did you listen to the most recent hits of the brazilian music? Most - if not all - when talking about love, is only about sex, french kissing or one-night relationships. Maybe the situation is other in the spanish-speaking countries.
Yeah Brazilians seem to be very sexually open on one hand yet there's that Catholic modesty too.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,773,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Whaaaaat? My husband is Brazilian and he is one of sweetest, most romantic guys. He is very loyal and caring.

I don't think he is the exception, I have 4 friends married to Brazilians and they are the same. What I have noticed is that if a Brazilian is truly in love with you, they REALLY take care of you.

Maybe you are talking about very young people?

Last edited by rosa surf; 03-13-2014 at 08:47 PM..

Old 03-13-2014, 08:45 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,773,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Latin America... They are quite expressive and passionate ( Mi Amor, Mi Cielo, te amo con todas mis fuerzas ) oh I just LOVE hearing these words. I also love Mariachis, it us romantic to be serenaded. I love Spanish songs, very romantic to the ears. I don't get tired of Juan Luis Guerra's Burbujas de Amor.
Italy --- seems like love is important to Italians and I always hear men are usually ( celoso ) jealous type and that's a turn on for me.
I love Mariachis and serenatas too! I wish that tradition wasn't lost.

Latinos are definitely very romantic people, even as friends. Mexican girlfriends hug and tell each other 'te quiero mucho.'

My Brazilian girlfriend calls me 'amor' all the time. So sweet!

Old 03-14-2014, 02:51 AM

296 posts, read 467,771 times
Most liberal cultures are not conducive to romance in my experience. The women in such give off masculine, negative vibes and have been around the block too many times, sexually speaking (some even degraded enough to be proud of it). In a simpler way they lack the serene inner feminine beauty of classical romantic themes and that goes hand in hand with some measure of chasteness. The biggest turn offs are those who actively look at men sexually as opposed to internalizing sexual attention on themselves -- but they are almost always ugly/fat/depressed/psychotic or otherwise weird in some way

There are always a number of good people that defy the liberal trend though

Last edited by BennyBucks; 03-14-2014 at 03:51 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 06:10 AM

9,572 posts, read 20,715,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBucks View Post
Most liberal cultures are not conducive to romance in my experience. The women in such give off masculine, negative vibes and have been around the block too many times, sexually speaking (some even degraded enough to be proud of it). In a simpler way they lack the serene inner feminine beauty of classical romantic themes and that goes hand in hand with some measure of chasteness. The biggest turn offs are those who actively look at men sexually as opposed to internalizing sexual attention on themselves -- but they are almost always ugly/fat/depressed/psychotic or otherwise weird in some way

There are always a number of good people that defy the liberal trend though
So you're saying it's a turn off for a woman to be more sexually attracted by you than herself??

Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 AM

296 posts, read 467,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
So you're saying it's a turn off for a woman to be more sexually attracted by you than herself??
When it comes to purely physical sexual attraction, yes, as opposed to those who look at a man's status, influence, character and so on. Look at the pattern of sexual moral indiscretion nowadays: men are addicted to looking at nudie pictures of girls, girls are more inclined to go on webcams, post nude selfies to be looked at by men. This reflects underlying biology, despite the fact that there's been some effort to socially engineer these differences out of our culture.

There are certainly women who look at men the way men look at women (ie. they behave like gay men) or consider it some sexually liberal duty to behave that way. They tend to be much more vocal than their counterparts (and are therefore overrepresented in discourse/literature), and IMO are much more likely to be ugly, aggressive, strange or psychologically imbalanced in some way - the kind you wouldn't trust around children never mind bring them up.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,516,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Whaaaaat? My husband is Brazilian and he is one of sweetest, most romantic guys. He is very loyal and caring.

I don't think he is the exception, I have 4 friends married to Brazilians and they are the same. What I have noticed is that if a Brazilian is truly in love with you, they REALLY take care of you.

Maybe you are talking about very young people?
Brazil is a huge country. You'll find men and women of all natures, and of course many brazilian men are romantic. However, it's not an average.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:57 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,711,052 times
Is BennyBucks trying to say that he's annoyed about women being sexually independent, but they won't look at him because he's an ugly misogynist who can't get laid despite having "status" and "money"?

And of course if he'd get laid, the woman must be a virgin?

Am I right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World