Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 PM

598 posts, read 955,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post

That reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IUroUuidiQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I don't know if you can accept my frank opinions.. But this seems kiddish.. Not my kind of music
I guess it would if you're 50

Old 03-23-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunication View Post
LMAO that's brilliant!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Why are you guys posting so much old and depressing music? Nobody listens to that stuff anymore.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 PM

994 posts, read 1,237,121 times
Quote:
To me the kind of music that the people party to tells a lot how hard they party ..
This is where you've gone wrong, because Adele and One Direction have sold more records in the US than they have in the UK, while Lady Gaga and Britney Spears are (/were in the latter case) as big in the UK as as any British artist. Meanwhile Rihanna is from neither the US nor the UK but Barbados, and rather demonstrates that what people listen/party to is not really determined by which artists originate in their country of residence (Barbados only has about 300,000 residents meaning each would have to own several hundred Rihanna records if her sales were to be attributed solely to domestic success).

Also, without wanting to be unkind, I think the fact you've never heard of most of the biggest British bands - Led Zepplin, say - says more about your knowledge of music than it does about their international fame; that particular band, for example, are the 4th biggest selling artist in US history.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:43 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
This is where you've gone wrong, because Adele and One Direction have sold more records in the US than they have in the UK, while Lady Gaga and Britney Spears are (/were in the latter case) as big in the UK as as any British artist. Meanwhile Rihanna is from neither the US nor the UK but Barbados, and rather demonstrates that what people listen/party to is not really determined by which artists originate in their country of residence (Barbados only has about 300,000 residents meaning each would have to own several hundred Rihanna records if her sales were to be attributed solely to domestic success).

Also, without wanting to be unkind, I think the fact you've never heard of most of the biggest British bands - Led Zepplin, say - says more about your knowledge of music than it does about their international fame; that particular band, for example, are the 4th biggest selling artist in US history.
Isnt that a given ? Comparing the population of US verses population of UK ?

and i dont know how much i alone can represent the situation here.. But really LED Zeppelin isnt big here at all...

All i know after looking info online after the members here keep mentioning them is they were denied entry to SIngapore once..

In a way, i stress i cannot say for all.. But i guess the culture here is they dont care much for aged bands or artiste..

Old 03-24-2014, 01:36 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
Quote:
Isnt that a given ? Comparing the population of US verses population of UK ?

and i dont know how much i alone can represent the situation here.. But really LED Zeppelin isnt big here at all...

All i know after looking info online after the members here keep mentioning them is they were denied entry to SIngapore once..

In a way, i stress i cannot say for all.. But i guess the culture here is they dont care much for aged bands or artiste..
Bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin are iconic bands and famous the world over. I'm in Australia and Led Zeppelin are one of my favourite bands. They were huge in the US and worldwide. I can't believe you haven't heard of one of the most famous and greatest guitarists of all time Jimmy Page? Bands like Led Zeppelin had a huge influence on later bands like Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses. Singapore is missing a huge chuck of rock history. Led Zep are Rock Gods.

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song (Live Video) - YouTube

Old 03-24-2014, 02:02 AM

987 TOP 20 (21 MARCH 2014) - 987FM on xinmsn Entertainment

Take a look at the music chart in Singapore and compare the no of UK and US acts and I think it tells the entire picture..

Last edited by singaporelady; 03-24-2014 at 02:11 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 02:15 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
This thread has really become about what music has influenced Singaporeans rather than whether Brits party harder than Americans.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:55 AM

singapore music and movie Have always been heavily influenced by america, much more than england.. Over here the young American acts are the most popular, even if you talk about older AMerican acts like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, I have to say gone are their heydays...sadly

Not that the British do and have to care , just enlightening those who are not so familiar with Singapore about us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World