U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2014, 08:37 AM
 
2,603 posts, read 3,770,210 times
Reputation: 2377

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Aren't led zeppelin, Rolling Stones though they are rock legends aged acts ??
Led Zeppelin don't tour any more and haven't for decades. Rolling Stones still tour but if Singaporeans dismiss them as "aged acts" when the rest of the world see them as living legends then that is their loss. The biggest draw cards in the rock world are some of these older acts such as Bruce Springsteen. His recent tour of Australia was huge. People like the Stones and The Boss have fans from all age groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2014, 08:41 AM
 
Location: singapore
1,482 posts, read 1,186,480 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Led Zeppelin don't tour any more and haven't for decades. Rolling Stones still tour but if Singaporeans dismiss them as "aged acts" when the rest of the world see them as living legends then that is their loss. The biggest draw cards in the rock world are some of these older acts such as Bruce Springsteen. His recent tour of Australia was huge. People like the Stones and The Boss have fans from all age groups.
As I mentioned. Rolling Stones recent show in Singapore you know the attendance.. I guess it is small compared to anglosphere standards ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM
 
2,603 posts, read 3,770,210 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
As I mentioned. Rolling Stones recent show in Singapore you know the attendance.. I guess it is small compared to anglosphere standards ...
It has nothing to do with anglosphere standards. The Stones are huge in all European countries, Israel, South Africa, South America nearly everywhere except Singapore it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 08:49 AM
 
Location: singapore
1,482 posts, read 1,186,480 times
Reputation: 366
Cos in Singapore young , flashy slick acts are the ones that draw crowds and well known.. BRunos mars has a show at indoor stadium yesterday and in office I heard colleagues talking about it.. No one talks about Rolling Stones when they performed 10 days ago..

So please understand what is big here and what is big elsewhere is different.

So when you guys give me groups that I never heard of, which is huge names over your side.. Dont bash me as ignorant..

I am also very willing to give new stuff a try and find myself getting to know a lot more.. At least now I find myself knowing and enjoying The Prodigy now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 AM
 
2,603 posts, read 3,770,210 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Cos in Singapore young , flashy slick acts are the ones that draw crowds and well known.. BRunos mars has a show at indoor stadium yesterday and in office I heard colleagues talking about it.. No one talks about Rolling Stones when they performed 10 days ago..

So please understand what is big here and what is big elsewhere is different.

So when you guys give me groups that I never heard of, which is huge names over your side.. Dont bash me as ignorant..

I am also very willing to give new stuff a try and find myself getting to know a lot more.. At least now I find myself knowing and enjoying The Prodigy now
That's good you are enjoying something new. I think me and others were giving you a hard time because you were basing your opinions on limited knowledge and forming views about nationalities on that. Anyway it's good you discovered a new act that you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
 
Location: singapore
1,482 posts, read 1,186,480 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
It has nothing to do with anglosphere standards. The Stones are huge in all European countries, Israel, South Africa, South America nearly everywhere except Singapore it seems.
Exactly so point proven.. What is popular in Europe , US and UK may not be as popular here..

So when I am not aware of the groups that are big where your are, show some graciousness ..

And when I say they are aged acts, well am I not statig the truth !?? So why am I getting bashed for stating things that are the truth ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
 
2,603 posts, read 3,770,210 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Exactly so point proven.. What is popular in Europe , US and UK may not be as popular here..

So when I am not aware of the groups that are big where your are, show some graciousness ..

And when I say they are aged acts, well am I not statig the truth !??
You didn't prove any point and you are once again going off topic. This thread you started wasn't about what is popular in Singapore. You don't seem to understand that you are constantly putting your foot in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 PM
 
1,268 posts, read 857,700 times
Reputation: 1402
Looks like I won't be adding Singapore on my list of countries I need to visit before I die

Going back to the original topic of who parties harder - surely it's about the same!? I've seen crazy American kids go wild in New Orleans on St Patricks day and I've also been to the Glastonbury festival which is arguably the best festival in the world (it's in the UK OP, in case you didn't know). Shame I missed last years festival where the Rolling Stones played to over 100,000 people ;P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2014, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Hong Kong / Vienna
4,557 posts, read 4,816,848 times
Reputation: 3895
Honestly, the Top 40s are the same in most countries. Concerts by acts like Lady Gaga, One Direction and Bruno Mars are sold out in every major city.
Whats the point of arguing? I bet there are more than enough people in Singapore who enjoy music that is not in the charts, like in every other country. Singaporelady doesn't seem to be one of them. Who cares? Life goes on.
For me, chart music is something you listen to in your car. But certainly not in clubs or in bars. So I don't even know why Avril Lavigne should be an indicator for figuring out which nation parties harder...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2014, 04:29 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,783 posts, read 15,333,888 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
There is no growing pride in Singapore's history ..most of us dont care.we are just interested in progress face the truth from a true blue Singaporean
How many times do you have to remind people you're a 'true blue Singaporean'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top