U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 PM

1,484 posts, read 1,195,929 times

Advertisements

From what i see at least the Americans are more cool and dont bother about whether they are seen as party animals or not..

The Europeans and Britains seem to be more defensive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 PM

15,745 posts, read 18,362,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
If things go as planned next year ard mid june.. For 2 weeks..

So East Coast and west coast people who parties harder ?
In the United States, people tend to have this regional competition mentality which can make them biased in favor of where they live.

But based on surveys and things like that, cities like Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago and New Orleans often rank high as "party" cities.

Mid-June is a good time to visit New York City. However, you can expect it to get hot and humid around that time.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:03 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,810,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm pretty sure the losers of both countries will argue over who "parties harder"

In reality, there's absolutely no way to compare something like this.
It's not like it's a great compliment or a great insult and something to argue over. My personal experience though is that Brits are much more likely to let their hair down. Australians and Irish would be the same. Americans I've encountered have a bit more restraint which I think is a positive thing not a negative. It's also of note that in most US states people can't legally drink until they are 21 years unlike the UK where it is 18.

Last edited by Bernie20; 03-21-2014 at 12:38 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 12:26 AM

327 posts, read 375,948 times
Quote:
It seems to me that in general Americans are wilder and party harder than the Britains do. But it is just my perception wonder if there are other who feel the same as i do ?
by "in general" i'm guessing you mean what you see on American TV shows and Movies.. yeah.. its not always like that.

Brits have a reputation all over Europe for partying a bit TOO hard..

Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 AM

1,484 posts, read 1,195,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry12 View Post
by "in general" i'm guessing you mean what you see on American TV shows and Movies.. yeah.. its not always like that.

Brits have a reputation all over Europe for partying a bit TOO hard..
Yes.. based on what i see on TV , music and movies...

Old 03-21-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
From what i see at least the Americans are more cool and dont bother about whether they are seen as party animals or not..

The Europeans and Britains seem to be more defensive...
No I don't think so. I think you are reading too much into it. As I've said it is not like it is something to argue over or something particularly positive. I don't look on it as particularly positive. To me party hard means being a bit excessive and too much alcohol and other substances. I don't know if that is what you were implying by your question?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Yes.. based on what i see on TV , music and movies...
So you're not basing it on actual experience then? TV and movies don't actually show reality.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:41 AM

554 posts, read 649,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
It's not like it's a great compliment or a great insult and something to argue over. My personal experience though is that Brits are much more likely to let their hair down. Australians and Irish would be the same. Americans I've encountered have a bit more restraint which I think is a positive thing not a negative. It's also of note that in most US states people can't legally drink until they are 21 years unlike the UK where it is 18.
In the UK it is legal for 16+ yo kids to drink wine, cider and beer, but illegal to buy.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:14 AM

15,745 posts, read 18,362,231 times
British girls are wild I tell ya. There was this 16 year old girl from Sudbury who friended me on facebook and then later invited me to go tripping on acid with her.

I said "wow" but I think I would lose it after doing something like that.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 03-21-2014 at 09:25 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
In the UK it is legal for 16+ yo kids to drink wine, cider and beer, but illegal to buy.
Thanks. I've just looked it up and other European countries are similar with 16 for wine, cider and beer. I didn't realise it was that young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or