U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 AM

25 posts, read 27,149 times

Advertisements

In these days i am employed in a pvt company. I would like to travel the world, but i am not sure how to make money along the way to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 AM

16,416 posts, read 25,241,837 times
drug smuggling

Old 03-25-2014, 06:16 AM

25 posts, read 27,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
drug smuggling
Huh ! I need to come back my home after completing this. I don't want spend my whole life in prison of any country.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:29 AM

16,416 posts, read 25,241,837 times
There are certain online jobs you can apply for. Search for them, you can work anywhere in the world.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:58 AM

30,383 posts, read 31,261,031 times
If you are a native speaker of English you could teach English in certain locations.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:38 PM

9 posts, read 12,864 times
Tough, but, yes, telecommuting jobs would allow that. You would only be able to stay some place as long as your tourist visa allows though. Teaching English is another way, but your options are increasingly limited and you may be more powerless. Though, if you want to stay more than a few months someplace, telecommuting won't be a good option. If you're young and a software developer, you may have a decent shot at some jobs in bigger cities.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:49 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,653,762 times
It is nearly impossible to work legally in nearly every country. However, you can perform private services for cash, if you can find a client. and make sure it stays under the table. I'm thinking,, for example, of teaching English, giving private lessons to a person who can afford to pay. Your tourist visa or entry stamp usually states clearly that you may not accept any kind of gainful employment.

But in many countries, a person who wishes to hire you (such as the director of an English-teaching school) will know how to obtain legal status for you to work, which is not too difficult in most countries if you have a skill exceeding that of any local.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 AM

30,383 posts, read 31,261,031 times
Another option is the volunteer services in return for room and board in various places.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,307,608 times
I taught English and lived in India, Ukraine, Russia, Mexico, and Argentina. This profession also allowed me to travel to many other countries (I'd guess 50-60).
So, look up the CELTA certificate, take the one-month course, get on daveseslcafe.com to find jobs, and you'll be working in no time. (I'm assuming here that you have a bachelor's degree of some sort. If not, it will be more difficult to find teaching work...but not impossible.)

Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 AM

9,620 posts, read 12,807,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I taught English and lived in India, Ukraine, Russia, Mexico, and Argentina. This profession also allowed me to travel to many other countries (I'd guess 50-60).
So, look up the CELTA certificate, take the one-month course, get on daveseslcafe.com to find jobs, and you'll be working in no time. (I'm assuming here that you have a bachelor's degree of some sort. If not, it will be more difficult to find teaching work...but not impossible.)
You can find English teaching jobs with relative ease in China and Argentina without a degree. Once you've spent a year or so teaching and have a provable skillset, as well as (ideally) some videos and maybe even a letter of recommendation from your previous employer, it becomes somewhat easier to find work without a degree. The best way to go about it if this is your lot (as it is mine), is to go to whatever country you're interested in for a week or two and use sites like daveseslcafe.com's forums to try to connect with teachers and jobs. Try to find a place that will let you do a demo; if they like you, then they can, depending on the country, either make the claim that you are a "foreign expert," "business consultant," or simply bribe the powers-that-be in some countries. Also, in some situations, it's not even a legal mandate that you have a degree so much as it's just because that's the common requirement, or the market is flooded.

But DEFINITELY take a CELTA, TEFL, and/or TOEFL course. They are easy as anything, are usually the bare minimum requirement, and will open many doors for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or