U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-14-2014, 11:30 AM
 
Location: London, UK
9,992 posts, read 9,483,561 times
Reputation: 3473

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
OK My bad if you're of Afro-mixed descent. Definitely not American though!
Nope, not American.

 
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM
 
70 posts, read 138,814 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
You could try Cuba, non-whites are majority, if you say that you were a BP, or some activist you'll become popular. There's an American black that is always there, Revered Sky Walker, there are many others. Slavery lasted until 1910's in some areas, so there are people entrenched in the old habits. The word "negro" and "negrón" are not insults, the word "niche" (comes from the n-word) is rather vulgar but not a insult.
Thanks for your reply. I've been called Negro Papi before and at first thought it was an insult, but since she was Mexican I gave her the benefit of the doubt. It was later explained to me what she meant, and that she didn't mean it in an offensive way at all. In the U.S. it's never acceptable for a White person to define a Black person by the "N" word or any variation of it. Most Whites will only refer to a Black person as negro, negroid, or n*gger behind closed doors, I know this for a fact. I've had White people confine in me and inform me of White people who will smile from ear to ear in a Black persons (As well as other minorities) face, but behind closed doors will call them every name under the sun, it's disgusting.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 11:58 AM
 
Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon
15,021 posts, read 16,599,642 times
Reputation: 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
You're entitled to you're opinion, if you think it's ridiculous that's your right. And do some research, there are A NUMBER of threads asking about White or European majority countries.
You didn't start a thread asking about Black or African majority countries, so its not a valid comparison. A valid comparison would be to cite threads with titls such as, "Best country with no Blacks or non-Europeans."

See, it adds that racist flavor.

You are looking for utopia and your primary criteria for utopia is 'no White people'. And the thing is, there are great places to live where there are no (or very few) White people. But wherever you live, you will carry that twisted hate with you. And god help you, the people where you move are a better, more humane sort because there are plenty of causes for discrimination and hate that have nothing to do with skin color.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 12:03 PM
 
70 posts, read 138,814 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You didn't start a thread asking about Black or African majority countries, so its not a valid comparison. A valid comparison would be to cite threads with titls such as, "Best country with no Blacks or non-Europeans."

See, it adds that racist flavor.

You are looking for utopia and your primary criteria for utopia is 'no White people'. And the thing is, there are great places to live where there are no (or very few) White people. But wherever you live, you will carry that twisted hate with you. And god help you, the people where you move are a better, more humane sort because there are plenty of causes for discrimination and hate that have nothing to do with skin color.
It is a valid caparison based on my reply to him. Please go back and read why I typed what I did. And I never said "No White people". Please look at my original question.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,198 posts, read 22,445,607 times
Reputation: 8560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
Yes, there are a number of threads asking explicitly about White-majority countries, indirectly or otherwise. Anytime there's an inquire about moving to a European country, or most Latin American countries it's implying White majority. If you're being honest with yourself, and this question is extended to any White person, would you ever live long term in a country where Whites weren't the majority, or better yet where Whites were the overwhelming minority? No? OK then, why the double standard? Not that I care what you think, but you should ask yourself why you consider my question is ridiculous and theirs not to be.
It just so happens that European and Latin American countries are primarily 'white' while, at the same time, being highly developed with good living standards (comparatively speaking in the case of Latin America). They are not specifying race when they are looking to relocate - unlike you.

I would be willing to live in any country providing it was safe, has good living standards and has a tolerant and open-minded population. Race is not relevant.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 12:35 PM
 
70 posts, read 138,814 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It just so happens that European and Latin American countries are primarily 'white' while, at the same time, being highly developed with good living standards (comparatively speaking in the case of Latin America). They are not specifying race when they are looking to relocate - unlike you.

I would be willing to live in any country providing it was safe, has good living standards and has a tolerant and open-minded population. Race is not relevant.
Whenever you're specifically asking about moving to Europe or in some cases Latin America, you are implying more often times than not you want to move to a White majority country and that you prefer not to be around Black people and/or people of color.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,198 posts, read 22,445,607 times
Reputation: 8560
No. You are implying that you want to live in a developed country. Europe leads the world in human development. People do not want to live in Africa because the continent is riddled with poverty, hunger, corruption and conflict. It has nothing to do with race. If Europe was the same as it is today, but mostly black, then people would still want to move there.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
 
70 posts, read 138,814 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
No. You are implying that you want to live in a developed country. Europe leads the world in human development. People do not want to live in Africa because the continent is riddled with poverty, hunger, corruption and conflict. It has nothing to do with race. If Europe was the same as it is today, but mostly black, then people would still want to move there.
Your comments are riddled with ignorance. Do some research, and stop listening to everything western media tells you about Africa.
 
Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
16,416 posts, read 25,253,866 times
Reputation: 16469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
Your comments are riddled with ignorance. Do some research, and stop listening to everything western media tells you about Africa.
Go down there, try to find a job and live. Then come back and tell us we're ignorant and listen to "western media".

You should stop believing everything you read on infowars.com
 
Old 04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
 
Location: London, UK
9,992 posts, read 9,483,561 times
Reputation: 3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
Your comments are riddled with ignorance. Do some research, and stop listening to everything western media tells you about Africa.
I agree with there (if you let me) Africa has poverty but the media hardly tells us how good Botswana is doing or Ghana's growing middle class they did briefly last year but then they go back to portraying Africa as poverty riddled, poor and backwards again.

I think I understand the reasoning in why you want to move to a non white majority country, many white majority countries have systems that stop people of colour to achieve their highest. Many people forget how white people practically destroyed civilization and wiped out whole populations but people in the UK for example focus on how immigrants are supposedly taking advantage of the welfare system.

If you do plain to move to a nin white majority Country avoid Latin-America because you'll be treated worse than in the USA.

I've heard that Botswana has the most stable government in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top