Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 12:41 PM

70 posts, read 163,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I agree with there (if you let me) Africa has poverty but the media hardly tells us how good Botswana is doing or Ghana's growing middle class they did briefly last year but then they go back to portraying Africa as poverty riddled, poor and backwards again.

I think I understand the reasoning in why you want to move to a non white majority country, many white majority countries have systems that stop people of colour to achieve their highest. Many people forget how white people practically destroyed civilization and wiped out whole populations but people in the UK for example focus on how immigrants are supposedly taking advantage of the welfare system.

If you do plain to move to a nin white majority Country avoid Latin-America because you'll be treated worse than in the USA.

I've heard that Botswana has the most stable government in Africa.
Nice post. For whatever reason there's no shortage of Whites who try their best to downplay the fact that in the U.S. there's still a system that exists where Whites are privileged on every economical, educational, and professional level and have a distinct and manipulated advantage over any other ethnic group. They downplay because either they don't care, they don't want to feel guilty about it, or they want to convince themselves they have to work just as hard to get ahead as anyone else, which isn't the case.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
Nice post. For whatever reason there's no shortage of Whites who try their best to downplay the fact that in the U.S. there's still a system that exists where Whites are privileged on every economical, educational, and professional level and have a distinct and manipulated advantage over any other ethnic group. They downplay because either they don't care, they don't want to feel guilty about it, or they want to convince themselves they have to work just as hard to get ahead as anyone else, which isn't the case.
I studied with many intelligent black people who will likely make more money than me. Why? Because they studied hard, worked hard and didn't make excuses.

The non successful ones are the ones who don't work, and the successful ones work hard. It's no different than white people. Look at the poor whites who blame Mexicans for the reason they don't have a job. It's not race, it's ignorance.

Botswana and Ghana are on the rise, but if you think you're just going to move down there and get a nice comfortable blue collar job and live high standards you are out of your mind.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:00 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,174 times
Quote:
People in general don't like to realise how ingrained racism is in our society, there's a racial hierarchy with white people at the top seen as beautiful, normal, smart and the prime example of a human being with black people at the bottom portrayed as ugly, dirty, animalistic and thuggish. Other ethnic groups are inbetween but are also seen as exotic, different etc which says alot about how white western society has brainwashed people all over the world to think like this subconsciously.

Why do you think black Women wear weave in their hair or why Black Caribbean people look down on Black Africans its because they want to be more European or white subconsciously due to oppression and negative stereotypes connected to being non white.

Black people change their appearance to look more "white"

Race is a social construct created by white people during the colonial era.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I studied with many intelligent black people who will likely make more money than me. Why? Because they studied hard, worked hard and didn't make excuses.

The non successful ones are the ones who don't work, and the successful ones work hard. It's no different than white people. Look at the poor whites who blame Mexicans for the reason they don't have a job. It's not race, it's ignorance.

Botswana and Ghana are on the rise, but if you think you're just going to move down there and get a nice comfortable blue collar job and live high standards you are out of your mind.
Don't get things twisted here many people know that being a ethnic minority in a white country you will always have to try that extra harder to be successful. Why? Because at a concious and subconscious level poc are seen.to be inferior to the "master race" of white.

Also Botswana has a strong, stable economy it doesn't have the same amount of poverty as The Congo.

Research the whiteness theory...

Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
People in general don't like to realise how ingrained racism is in our society, there's a racial hierarchy with white people at the top seen as beautiful, normal, smart and the prime example of a human being with black people at the bottom portrayed as ugly, dirty, animalistic and thuggish. Other ethnic groups are inbetween but are also seen as exotic, different etc which says alot about how white western society has brainwashed people all over the world to think like this subconsciously.

Why do you think black Women wear weave in their hair or why Black Caribbean people look down on Black Africans its because they want to be more European or white subconsciously due to oppression and negative stereotypes connected to being non white.

Black people change their appearance to look more "white"

Race is a social construct created by white people during the colonial era.
Another well said post. Want to hear a story? At my PREVIOUS employer there was very intelligent, VERY qualified Indian gentlemen who was competing for an executive level job, it was down to him and a White man. The hiring manager confined in me and told me what one of the higher ups on the Executive team said when going over the two candidates qualifications, "We already have an Asian person as our CFO, I don't want the executive team looking like the United Nations."....Was that Indian person who was more qualified hired...NOPE! They went with the less, (under) qualified White person. So don't tell me that as a minority of ANY kind in the United States all you have to do is put your head down and work to go just as far as any White person. It's not true.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Another well said post. Want to hear a story? At my PREVIOUS employer there was very intelligent, VERY qualified Indian gentlemen who was competing for an executive level job, it was down to him and a White man. The hiring manager confined in me and told me what one of the higher ups on the Executive team said when going over the two candidates qualifications, "We already have an Asian person as our CFO, I don't want the executive team looking like the United Nations."....Was that Indian person who was more qualified hired...NOPE! They went with the less, (under) qualified White person. So don't tell me that as a minority of ANY kind in the United States all you have to do is put your head down and work to go just as far as any White person. It's not true.
I can believe that 100% and that situation is typical in virtually every single white majority Country from Sweden to New Zealand.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:56 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Your comments are riddled with ignorance. Do some research, and stop listening to everything western media tells you about Africa.
It isn't ignorance - it's a matter of fact. Africa is a very poor continent. Bleating 'American ignorance' and 'biased western media' won't stop that from being true, unfortunately.

Quote:
Don't get things twisted here many people know that being a ethnic minority in a white country you will always have to try that extra harder to be successful. Why? Because at a concious and subconscious level poc are seen.to be inferior to the "master race" of white.

Also Botswana has a strong, stable economy it doesn't have the same amount of poverty as The Congo.

Research the whiteness theory...
To be honest, P London, you seem to be having some sort of racial self-pity party recently, and it's a little annoying. Ethnic minorities were heavily discriminated against in the past, but there are laws in place to prevent this from happening - hence the 'Equal Opportunities' on job applications. I would say it's harder for an ethnic minority to achieve success in the UK, compared to the white majority, because they have considerably higher poverty levels than the white population - with the exception of Indians, who are actually broadly in line with the 'native' population and are usually employed in high-earning professions.

It's mostly poverty, rather than race, I think. Being poor means you have to work a lot harder to achieve success, because you have a lot higher to climb. Regardless of that though, you find yourself living in a very wealthy country with opportunities abound. People from all over Africa, Asia and indeed Eastern Europe, move here in their droves, because they know full well that they will have considerably higher living standards here, and their children will have access to things they could only dream of back home.

I mean, if someone wants to move to a non-white majority country because they think they are being discriminated against, then fair enough - good luck to them - but don't be surprised if you discover that life in your chosen destination is very unpleasant, unless you're rich and can effectively wall yourself off from the rest of the population (in other words - being incredibly naive).

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 04-14-2014 at 02:11 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
To So Sobe honest, P London, you seem to be having some sort of racial self-pity party recently, and it's a little annoying. Ethnic minorities were heavily discriminated against in the past, but there are laws in place to prevent this from happening - hence the 'Equal Opportunities' on job applications. I would say it's harder for an ethnic minority to achieve success in the UK, compared to the white majority, because they have considerably higher poverty levels than the white population - with the exception of Indians, who are actually broadly in line with the 'native' population and are usually employed in high-earning professions.

It's mostly poverty, rather than race, I think. Being poor means you have to work a lot harder to achieve success, because you have a lot higher to climb. Regardless of that though, you find yourself living in a very wealthy country with opportunities abound. People from all over Africa, Asia and indeed Eastern Europe, move here in their droves, because they know full well that they will have considerably higher living standards here, and their children will have access to things they could only dream of back home.

I mean, if someone wants to move to a non-white majority country because they think they are being discriminated against, then fair enough - good luck to them - but don't be surprised if you discover that life in your chosen destination is very unpleasant, unless you're rich and can effectively wall yourself off from the rest of the population (in other words - being incredibly naive).
So because there are some laws in place to help stop discrimination racism just stops and the effects of colonialism just stops? No it doesn't! It has left a lasting effect on the world and how people interact with other races, Black people are still stereotyped negatively and in the USA so are Latin-Americans.

Poverty is a factor of course but a White working class male has a higher chance to move out out of poverty than equally successful black male why? Because of a deep inbedded system that favour white people for successful to non-whites.

Its a class (poverty) AND race issue there has been studies to suggest that employers favour people with "white sounding names" rather than foreign sounding ones.

Racism is more than saying the n word but a system than actively oppress non whites in almost everyway and I've been aware if this more and more I'm not having a "self pity party" but a realisation of white priviledge and the disadvantages of having a brown skin tone.

If you research the whiteness theory maybe you'll understand, because there's nothing wrong with saying how society is structured.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
So because there are some laws in place to help stop discrimination racism just stops and the effects of colonialism just stops? No it doesn't!

Poverty is a factor of course but a White working class male has a higher chance to move out of poverty than equally successful black male why? Because of a deep inbedded system that favour white people for successful to non-whites.

Its a class (poverty) AND race issue there has been studies to suggest that employers favour people with "white sounding names" rather than foreign sounding ones.

Racism is more than saying the n word but a system than actively oppress non whites in almost everyway and I've been aware if this more and more I'm not having a "self pity party" but a realisation of white priviledge and the disadvantages of having a brown skin tone.

If you research the whiteness theory maybe you'll understand, because there's nothing wrong with saying how society is structured.
It is ignorance and it is largely based on how western media depicts Africa. You obviously haven't looked at some of the videos I've posted in this very thread or bothered to do research of your own on what AFRICAN AMERICANS say about moving and being happier abroad. It has nothing to do with feeling sorry for oneself and has everything to do with taking an honest evaluation at ones circumstances and coming to realize there maybe, and probably is better out there. Either way, I see that there's no reasoning with you, and you have your mind set on America having the best and the fairest of everything, so there's no point in me further responding to your nonsense.

These HDI reports are largely biased and largely, if not solely developed by White people. It's as though they take what White countries happen to have that some other countries don't, make that the main criteria for their research and say, "Look! You see because this is the evidence we happened to focus on, European countries and European people are better and more developed than everyone else." How about they make their criteria centering around which governments don't lie to their own people to start some fake war? How about they make the criteria centering around which governments don't lie to their people and raise taxes to fund said unnecessary war? How about they make the main criteria about which governments don't poison their people with GMOs and harmful pesticides? They're effectively saying, these European countries are the best because we said so...It doesn't wash. I'm done buying ANYTHING western media/culture tries to tell me about other countries, especially Africa. If you want to continue to be lied to by America's government controlled media, be my guest.

Last edited by Brannen; 04-14-2014 at 04:16 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
It is ignorance and it is largely based on how western media depicts Africa. You obviously haven't looked at some of the videos I've posted in this very thread or bothered to do research of your own on what AFRICAN AMERICANS say about moving and being happier abroad. It has nothing to do with feeling sorry for oneself and has everything to do with taking an honest evaluation at ones circumstances and coming to realize there maybe, and probably is better out there. Either way, I see that there's no reasoning with you, and you have your mind set on America having the best and the fairest of everything, so there's no point in me further responding to your nonsense.

These HDI reports are largely biased and largely, if not solely developed by White people. It's as though they take what White countries happen to have that some other countries don't, make that the main criteria for their research and say, "Look! You see because this is the evidence we happened to focus on, European countries and European people are better and more developed than everyone else." How about they make their criteria centering around which government don't lie to their own people to start some fake war? How about they make the criteria centering around which government don't lie to their people and raise taxes to fund said unnecessary war? How about they make the main criteria about which government don't poison their people with GMOs and harmful pesticides? They're effectively saying, these European countries are the best because we said so...It doesn't wash. I'm done buying ANYTHING western media/culture tries to tell me about other countries, especially Africa. If you want to continue to be lied to by America's government controlled media, be my guest.
This directed at me or Dunno what to put here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World