U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 12:31 PM

4,379 posts, read 6,686,452 times

Advertisements

There is a notion here that people can have a good life only in developed countries, but in reality you can have a very comfortable, modern, and successful life in most developing countries too. In many of these countries there are huge middle classes that live as anyone does in developed countries, in fact in more cases they live better because they have access to services that are basically unheard-of in developed countries like having maids, gardeners, and cooks for your middle class home.

Think of the world in this way. Some people here are suggesting places like Barbados or Cayman Islands because they are developed. Great, but those islands, while really beautiful and with great people, are the size of postage stamps. The very same people that suggested Barbados or Cayman Islands will try to steer you away from say Angola based on the fact that Angola is not a developed country.

The reality is that while Angola as a country is not as developed as Barbados, Angola does has a large middle class that is many times bigger than all of Barbados. Many areas of Luanda, the capital of Angola, are as comfortable and modern as any area in any developed country. Have a look:

On top of that, Angola is going through an economic boom:

The best part about a developing economy such as Angola, and the city of Luanda in particular, is that if you are good with identifying business opportunities and in managing a business, you can actually become quite successful much faster than in a developed economy. A business that in the USA can make you very well off in 10 or 15 years, in a country like Angola you can actually become a millionaire in just 5 years running a similar business over there. The difference is due to less competition in developing economies and many times there is a demand for certain products/services but no one is supplying that. The result is that whomever takes advantage of the hidden opportunity will reap most of the benefits as the business takes off. Many businesses that in developed economies have profit margins of 4, 5, or 6% while in developing economies are reaping profits of 30, 40, or even 50% or more!

There are massive opportunities in many developing countries that most people that could benefit tremendously will not do so because of the pro-developed countries attitude many people have.

My advice to you is to pick a few countries that interest you, talk to people that live there, visit a few places in the country to get a feel for the place. If you really like it, learn the language and get ready for an exciting stage in your life. If you become stupidly rich, congratulations; but, if you don't, at least you will have new sets of experiences and talents that will put you several leagues ahead of your competition whether its in another country or back in your home country. The way I see it, its a win-win situation unless you work hard to lose!

Last edited by AntonioR; 03-29-2014 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-30-2014, 02:31 PM

70 posts, read 128,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
There is a notion here that people can have a good life only in developed countries, but in reality you can have a very comfortable, modern, and successful life in most developing countries too. In many of these countries there are huge middle classes that live as anyone does in developed countries, in fact in more cases they live better because they have access to services that are basically unheard-of in developed countries like having maids, gardeners, and cooks for your middle class home.

Think of the world in this way. Some people here are suggesting places like Barbados or Cayman Islands because they are developed. Great, but those islands, while really beautiful and with great people, are the size of postage stamps. The very same people that suggested Barbados or Cayman Islands will try to steer you away from say Angola based on the fact that Angola is not a developed country.

The reality is that while Angola as a country is not as developed as Barbados, Angola does has a large middle class that is many times bigger than all of Barbados. Many areas of Luanda, the capital of Angola, are as comfortable and modern as any area in any developed country. Have a look:

On top of that, Angola is going through an economic boom:

The best part about a developing economy such as Angola, and the city of Luanda in particular, is that if you are good with identifying business opportunities and in managing a business, you can actually become quite successful much faster than in a developed economy. A business that in the USA can make you very well off in 10 or 15 years, in a country like Angola you can actually become a millionaire in just 5 years running a similar business over there. The difference is due to less competition in developing economies and many times there is a demand for certain products/services but no one is supplying that. The result is that whomever takes advantage of the hidden opportunity will reap most of the benefits as the business takes off. Many businesses that in developed economies have profit margins of 4, 5, or 6% while in developing economies are reaping profits of 30, 40, or even 50% or more!

There are massive opportunities in many developing countries that most people that could benefit tremendously will not do so because of the pro-developed countries attitude many people have.

My advice to you is to pick a few countries that interest you, talk to people that live there, visit a few places in the country to get a feel for the place. If you really like it, learn the language and get ready for an exciting stage in your life. If you become stupidly rich, congratulations; but, if you don't, at least you will have new sets of experiences and talents that will put you several leagues ahead of your competition whether its in another country or back in your home country. The way I see it, its a win-win situation unless you work hard to lose!
Good stuff. Thanks!

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-31-2014 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Removed videos from quote

Old 04-06-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Asians are on average the most racist people on the planet. So scratch that continent. South America is struggling financially so you might face crime head on.

Your best bet is to stick around for when the USA is no longer a White majority (15 years)
Incorrect sir, in 15 years (More Like 40 Years) there will still be individually more Whites than any other one ethnicity in the U.S...There just won't be more Whites than all the other ethnicities COMBINED like there are now...Not really minority in the true sense, but that was a nice play on words on your part.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 AM

733 posts, read 643,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
Thanks for the reply, I have actually considered Brazil though it is White majority...Look it up.
White plurality, not the same thing.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Incorrect sir, in 15 years (More Like 40 Years) there will still be individually more Whites than any other one ethnicity in the U.S...There just won't be more Whites than all the other ethnicities COMBINED like there are now...Not really minority in the true sense, but that was a nice play on words on your part.
When did he say minority? He merely said they would cease being the majority in 15 years (probably is more like 40 though, maybe longer if they assimilate even some of the Latin American ethnicities into that social club of whiteness, like they did with Italians)

Old 04-07-2014, 12:14 PM

55 posts, read 78,935 times
Probably Thailand

Old 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM

1,008 posts, read 912,262 times
Given your background, I'd think very hard about potential places to move. Numerous Non white led countries tend to be very very backwards, not too clean, and third worldish. We don't realize just how good we got it in places like the States and Europe, we really don't.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 PM

10,229 posts, read 10,490,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post
Probably Thailand
But not Bangkok/Pattaya, there most will assume that he's a Nigerian scam artist/drugs dealer.
Oh i forgot he's light skinned black so he will be fine in most places in the world.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
White plurality, not the same thing.
Brazil is White majority...look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
When did he say minority? He merely said they would cease being the majority in 15 years (probably is more like 40 though, maybe longer if they assimilate even some of the Latin American ethnicities into that social club of whiteness, like they did with Italians)
Re-read my original question. Then read his post in light of that question. Either way you look at it, in 15 years I will be middle aged and America still won't be somewhere I want to live..In 40 years I will be in my 60's and with this new liberal, everything goes, feminization of men attitude America has taken on, I can't see America being a place I want to live then either for more reasons than it's racial demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
Given your background, I'd think very hard about potential places to move. Numerous Non white led countries tend to be very very backwards, not too clean, and third worldish. We don't realize just how good we got it in places like the States and Europe, we really don't.
.... Euro, we've been through this, in this very thread in fact. I implore you to go back and read it. Before you do, take a look at this list. The Top 10 Most Liveable Cities in Africa

Old 04-08-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Brazil is White majority...look it up.

Re-read my original question. Then read his post in light of that question. Either way you look at it, in 15 years I will be middle aged and America still won't be somewhere I want to live..In 40 years I will be in my 60's and with this new liberal, everything goes, feminization of men attitude America has taken on, I can't see America being a place I want to live then either for more reasons than it's racial demographic.

.... Euro, we've been through this, in this very thread in fact. I implore you to go back and read it. Before you do, take a look at this list. The Top 10 Most Liveable Cities in Africa
Umm, no it isn't, 48.43% white is not a majority, it's merely by a small margin the largest racial group in Brazil, closely followed by Pardo the mixed race ethnic group, being the largest group while being less than 51% is a plurality, not a majority.

I did, he still never said anything about white people becoming a minority, merely about white people ceasing to be a majority. And oh noez feminization
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.