Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:38 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,017,724 times

Advertisements

Dominican Republic, Barbados, Panama, Ecuador and Peru.

Brazil and Costa Rica are not non-White majority countries if you count half of the Mestizos and Mulattos as white.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:36 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
As you might be finding out, OP, is that the least racist countries are actually the white ones (except eastern Europe and Russia).
Maybe the OPs desire is not to escape racism by Whites (as noted in this thread, there is plenty of racism in non-White societies), but that he just doesn't like White people and seeks to to live in a non-White society regardless of any racism he may encounter.

The world is your oyster, OP. The vast majority of the world's countries are majority non-White.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:46 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Why do you want to leave the US so bad? It seems strange to simply want to move to a place with a "non-white majority". Sounds like a terrible reason to move. You're not going to fit in anywhere due to your skin color. You're always going to be an outsider, and honestly you will be discriminated against less in the United States than probably almost any other country in the world.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:21 PM

70 posts, read 163,779 times
A lot of people's posts have summed up quite nicely why I'm looking to get out of here. There are SEVERAL developed non-White majority countries. I've traveled all over America and if one thing is consistent it's this "We are the best and have the best of EVERYTHING, and we're the most accepting...", attitude without having been anywhere else besides America. I've talked to Black Americans who are much happier abroad, and have experienced LESS racism and/or no racism in countries other than America. Got to love that Western media, and how they portray the rest of the world. I see and understand why American's have such a negative reputation around the world. Places that I have researched that have excellent standards of living that are non-White majority are Barbados, Gabon, Seychelle, the Bahamas, Philippines, Nigeria, and much of the Caribbean those are the ones I can think of based on the little research I've done, I'm sure there's MANY more...Before anyone gives a knee jerk reply, please do your research.

Last edited by Brannen; 03-27-2014 at 12:41 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
A lot of people's posts have summed up quite nicely why I'm looking to get out of here. There are SEVERAL developed non-White majority countries. I've traveled all over America and if one thing is consistent it's this "We are the best and have the best of EVERYTHING, and we're the most accepting...", attitude without having been anywhere else besides America. I've talked to Black Americans who are much happier abroad, and have experienced LESS racism and/or no racism in countries other than America. Got to love that Western media, and how they portray the rest of the world. I see and understand why American's have such a negative reputation around the world. Places that I have researched that have excellent standards of living that are non-White majority are Barbados, Gabon, Seychelle, the Bahamas, Philippines, Nigeria, and much of the Caribbean those are the ones I can think of based on the little research I've done, I'm sure there's MANY more...Before anyone gives a knee jerk reply, please do your research.
In case you didn't notice... I'm living in South America right now.

People like you are the reason I started my thread not too long ago about baseless assumptions about America vs the rest of the world.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
In case you didn't notice... I'm living in South America right now.

People like you are the reason I started my thread not too long ago about baseless assumptions about America vs the rest of the world.
How do you know it's baseless? And not based on my own experiences and the experiences of those I've spoken with.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:30 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,316,704 times
Quote:
Africa isn't a country, it's a continent that has 55 (Yes 55) countries in it
Plenty to choose from.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:53 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,658 times
Quote:
Nigeria? High standard of living...are you kidding me? It's one of the poorest countries on earth with uncontrolled population growth, pollution, danger and corruption. The oil wealth is being stolen by the elites who run off to Western countries while the average Nigerian lives in poverty. 61% of the population lives on less than $1 a day, an increase from 2004. BBC News - Nigerians living in poverty rise to nearly 61%

High standard of living? What are you looking at? It's a dump, especially Lagos. Not to mention the extreme religious tensions and extremist terrorist groups such as Boko Haram, for example. Good God, the country is virtually on the brink of civil war. There's a reason it's at the bottom of the UN's HDI list and has one of the lowest per capita incomes on the planet. My God, Nigeria!

Same goes for the Philippines and Gabon as well. The Philippines is definitely a very developing country, and Gabon is a typical banana republic still under the thumb of the French. It's basically a French puppet state in Africa. Françafrique is still very much alive and well in Gabon, don't kid yourself. The only reason that they might "appear" richer than other African states on paper is because of the oil wealth and a small population. They're no Norway though, I'll tell you that! However, it's a joke. Like Nigeria, the oil wealth is being stolen by the elites who run off to live in Paris. It's the poor average people who are living in poverty and see no share of the oil revenues. Ever heard of the Elf oil scandal?

The Caribbean states are further ahead than the aforementioned examples, but they're not near the living standards of Western states. Plus, their economies are almost entirely based off of Western tourism (unless you count British islands like the Cayman Islands or Bermuda). Jamaica and Haiti are two other dumps there too.

I've lived in 6 countries across 3 continents and have traveled extensively. I'm also highly educated as well. The US certainly has its issues, but it is among the best places to live in the world. Outside of the white-majority world, I agree with other posters that you'd be looking at the likes of Japan or Singapore or some other highly developed Asian country. However, as others have rightly pointed out, they don't take kindly to immigration (I have lived in Japan myself). So good luck there.

Latin America is okay maybe if you could accept the lower standard of living and the crime. Most of the African continent is a basket case, in spite some countries experiencing rapid economic growth. Their standard of living is no where near Western levels, unless you're a member of the elite. And if you are, then you better realize that you'll be living in gated communities and need security virtually 24/7.

Forgive me, but I feel like you want to escape the US because you think it's a very racist place. However, while there certainly is (unfortunately) racism still in the US, I feel like you're blissfully ignorant of the fact that racism (unfortunately) exists everywhere. Albeit, it is less of a problem in some places than in others. The fact of the matter is, studies show that Western countries (and indeed the US) are actually the LEAST racist countries in the world. Now, I could be all wrong about that (and if so, I apologize), but that's the impression I got from your posts.

I wish you the best of luck, I really do, with whatever you end up doing. Just be aware and informed before making any decisions would be the advice I give to you OP.

BTW, have you thought about the Middle East? Maybe the UAE (Dubai) or some place like Kuwait or Qatar? If you could deal with the religious aspects penetrating your everyday life there and some of the laws, then maybe you should look into places such as these.

Last edited by CityLover9; 03-27-2014 at 03:04 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
How do you know it's baseless? And not based on my own experiences and the experiences of those I've spoken with.
Because of the way you talk. It's obvious you don't have any experience abroad.. apart from "first hand stories you heard".

You're free to go make up a list of countries you've been to, but well traveled people don't talk like you do.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:05 PM

I see I will get biased responses for the most part. Thanks to everyone who gave an intelligent enlightened response, I have all that I need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World